Living in ground floor unit of Condo?

Kiario

Supercharged

alamak, the sales agent been taking me for a ride.

i asked about littering issue, agent say if always happen, then management will setup camera to catch the culprit.

Hahaha... Management can only write memo after memo to warn everyone not to throw. But how to catch, especially at night?

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

alamak, the sales agent been taking me for a ride.

i asked about littering issue, agent say if always happen, then management will setup camera to catch the culprit.

haha, of all the ppl u choose to listen to....... [shakehead]

anybody with experiences living in ground floor unit of condo or EC?

seem some bad press report about littering from the neighbours upstairs, how bout problems of insects, rats, ants etc, is it much worse than living on top floor?

also privacy, is it true that anybody can just peep into your home and you are not allowed to do any unauthorise renovations such as blinds, etc on your patio?

thanks for all feedback in advance.

i think there are pros and cons

Pros:

- bigger yard space, can hang laundry :D

Cons:

- no privacy

- my neighbour had to put up those wire-meshed fences to keep out stray cats

- elephant feet neighbours from upstairs

Hypersonic

Hahaha... Management can only write memo after memo to warn everyone not to throw. But how to catch, especially at night?

everytime i see letter in mailbox abt high floor littering....................I disturb my friend..............koh tio liao huh??? [laugh] [laugh]

I know it is very bad..............but just playing with him................. :D

I think depends on heng suay, who are staying above you, and how tall is the block.

I've been staying in my ground floor condo unit (with a relatively big patio) for 3 years, no problem so far. There are only 4 units above me, so I know all the 4 neighbours. So far I have not seen any litters, the most is some fallen leaves when it rains, doesn't bother me much because my own plants also have fallen leaves when it rains ^_^

As for privacy, depends on how you manage it. I put plants along the perimeter so they can block off some views. But i don't mind even if people outside see me watching tv or playing ps3 [laugh]

TS, some of those horror stories are true, but not all ground floor units are like that, really depends on heng suay. If you do up the patio nicely, like put an outdoor set, it can be a really nice place for social gathering. ^_^

The real sweet deal is the penthouse unit with roof garden. You can put a trellis, which is not considered either a structure or Gross Floor Area. Then you can cover the trellis with ......

Real extra space at minimal cost. [:)]

Some time ago HDB allowed corner units to buy the corrider and gate it up.

If HDB now allows 1st storey units to buy the back area and fence off with 1m fence , you want or not?

As I asked before in what way good.

Dont be stubborn [mad]

Don't need to buy (donate) $$$ to gahment one lah. I see some 1st storey HDB flat owners putting up fence at the backyard, some put big potted plants, and in front, they plant guava trees, pandan leaves, bumpkims, potatoe leaves and all sorts of goodies. All FOC, rent-free. :D

You are right but for good measure I would give Christmas hamper every year.

you mean give hampers to the upstairs neighbours? [laugh]

Supersonic

you mean give hampers to the upstairs neighbours? [laugh]

after the upstairs neighbour eat the goodiess, they can throw the wrapper down on his PES. [laugh]

after the upstairs neighbour eat the goodiess, they can throw the wrapper down on his PES. [laugh]

then no more hampers next year -_-

I think depends on heng suay, who are staying above you, and how tall is the block.

I've been staying in my ground floor condo unit (with a relatively big patio) for 3 years, no problem so far. There are only 4 units above me, so I know all the 4 neighbours. So far I have not seen any litters, the most is some fallen leaves when it rains, doesn't bother me much because my own plants also have fallen leaves when it rains ^_^

As for privacy, depends on how you manage it. I put plants along the perimeter so they can block off some views. But i don't mind even if people outside see me watching tv or playing ps3 [laugh]

TS, some of those horror stories are true, but not all ground floor units are like that, really depends on heng suay. If you do up the patio nicely, like put an outdoor set, it can be a really nice place for social gathering. ^_^

knew you will reply....

+1 [laugh]

I am also on ground level. But my condo is low rise so very few units above anyway. I am glad we are not near the pool or bbq pits where all the noise and action is. Privacy is not a problem. In fact, it feels like living in a kampung. Neighbours kids would come and look for my kids to play. Sometimes neighbour would call from the patio gate to borrow eggs or onions.

It is also less claustrophobic, just assume all the space outside is yours... without having to pay for it and no need to weed your garden !! [laugh]

I guess it's up to the attitude of people living above you. We have 1 condo on the ground floor, with patio and even a bench. Neighbours above know better than to throw stuff down. Think the management didn't allow building of a shelter there.. oh well..but the advantages are good. can just walk out 10m to pool.

eh halo.. i not bro leh........ <_<

my i/c print female and my birdcert oso say i female..

proof to us you are a real female

...... on second thoughts better not

we may peng sang

The thing is, for the whole blk to have just one uncivic minded resident and it's enough. You will get rubbish and whatever falling down all the time.

anybody with experiences living in ground floor unit of condo or EC?

seem some bad press report about littering from the neighbours upstairs, how bout problems of insects, rats, ants etc, is it much worse than living on top floor?

also privacy, is it true that anybody can just peep into your home and you are not allowed to do any unauthorise renovations such as blinds, etc on your patio?

thanks for all feedback in advance.

i am also staying at ground flr condo, and i got a big patio (400sq feet) which is bigger than my living room. decorate with fish pond, plants and outdoor sofa set.

Littering is not an issue and neighbours is good....

eh halo.. i not bro leh........ <_<

my i/c print female and my birdcert oso say i female..

wah lau eh u transform into mermaid? [laugh]

↡ Advertisement