Living in ground floor unit of Condo?

Kiario

I think PES area it self half price because no roof it means no GFA. Its extra floor without development charge to pay to gahmen. Cost to developer minimal.

Supersonic

but i thot PH usually the psf lower than ground floor with PES? :huh:

PH got high floor premium + larger roof space than a PES + paying for staircase space.

(edited)

yalor the staircase usually eat about 100-150sf [:(]

my friend also see the Forest (near CCK) PH's floorplan. developer very clever, the staircase is open air, so dont eat into GFA :huh: about 900psf. fierce [sweatdrop]

someone showed me the NV residence PH floorplan sometime back. Whoa! can use the common lift to go to 2nd floor. like that can take down the staircase and use as a room below and on top liao [idea][thumbsup]

Edited by Mustank

Supersonic

my friend also see the Forest (near CCK) PH's floorplan. developer very clever, the staircase is open air, so dont eat into GFA :huh: about 900psf. fierce [sweatdrop]

how to hv open air staircase? u mean hv to take umbrella to go from living room to the room upstairs? :D

That one got 10 year waranty. But new buildings should not be an issue because developers and especially architects dont like to deal with legals issues arising from this. Waste time no money

ya.. got warranty.. and they will fix.. got one leak here, they come and patch. another leak there, they come and patch.. and it can go on for 10 years.

developers and architects do not have to deal with this. it's the main con and their sub con..

new building, old buildings.. all will face leaking issue coz no matter how well you control up to the person laying and doing the damp proof membrane, you will still have some weak point.

The 1 year DLP and 5/10 years warranty on all the areas are there but when it come to invoking them, it's a challenge and it's also a hassle if they want to come and do it.

It's like you buy a car with 5 years warranty but every now and then, you have to go back. you happy? [:p]

yalor the staircase usually eat about 100-150sf [:(]

someone showed me the NV residence PH floorplan sometime back. Whoa! can use the common lift to go to 2nd floor. like that can take down the staircase and use as a room below and on top liao [idea][thumbsup]

then from room go kitchen or living room, got to go out, take lift and come in next level?

when buying a unit, have to look at usable space, necessary space and those dead space..

so a staircase, when properly built can be more usable space than necessary space.

those bay windows are dead space which have limited usage but people have to buy things as a package.

there's really no best of both world.. and if have, there's a premium to pay for it

how to hv open air staircase? u mean hv to take umbrella to go from living room to the room upstairs? :D

wah.. who is blowing downstairs? from living room up..

i tot use umbrella float down easier.. [:p]

Do you notice that some developers create a subsidiary just for one development then wind up after project completion. :o But architects and big main con cannot run.

But I still must say normally first 10 years no problem because its tested 2ice , once before waterproofing , once more after . But after bout 10 years our humid weather takes its toll then problems many many. If you have a penthouse and your roof is metal.... you have to replace the whole lot.

[laugh] New condos I have built recently especially those with PH have metal roof. Its the new trend . More cheapskate than HDB. If you look around, those condos with curved roof are metal. And And And normally last only 10 years. [knife]

Supersonic

those bay windows are dead space which have limited usage but people have to buy things as a package.

bay windows/ledges/planters were the biggest developer con jobs. glad that the authorities are clamping down on that.

rule of thumb is to less min 10% of saleable area as actual usable area.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Condo I think still not so bad, if HDB ground floor I really dunno how, some is just beside the rubbish collection point, all the roaches, bugs, worms, parasites, etc mass Or.G there, I really dunno how those residents can stand it.

Do you notice that some developers create a subsidiary just for one development then wind up after project completion. :o But architects and big main con cannot run.

But I still must say normally first 10 years no problem because its tested 2ice , once before waterproofing , once more after . But after bout 10 years our humid weather takes its toll then problems many many. If you have a penthouse and your roof is metal.... you have to replace the whole lot.

eh.. the create subsidiary thingy is not really a hit and run arrangement. from another angle, it cushion the buyer from other mishap that could cause the main company to fail. different set of account in a much simple explaination.

as for the warranty, major problem seldom happen but there will be some mirror problem here and there.. and it's quite tiring to deal with it. it's like kick and kick, then move once..

and like your testing, it was ok before waterproofing, it's also ok with water proofing. but do they test again when they lay the final layer? Go thru most of the MCST in Singapore and many will tell you roof top leaking is common.

but still got metal roof meh? for what? roast chicken?

[laugh] New condos I have built recently especially those with PH have metal roof. Its the new trend . More cheapskate than HDB. If you look around, those condos with curved roof are metal. And And And normally last only 10 years. [knife]

If it's slopping and the flat area still have water proofing, i think it's acceptable.

it's usually those stagnant water that is a killer.

↡ Advertisement