Living in ground floor unit of Condo?

Kiario

Now the condo ground level design improve liao.

They can build up to 2m cover for the patio, some build garden or pond in front for some privacy.

↡ Advertisement

if the development goes enbloc, will the ground floor units with PES get extra money? If so, how is the apportion?

Edited by Passat57

if the development goes enbloc, will the ground floor units with PES get extra money? If so, how is the apportion?

the legal papers will indicate the number of shares your appartment is allocated. That will be the basis of how much maintenance fees you have pay and also your allocation during en-bloc

landed got spiders, bees, termites, snakes, frogs, snails, cars parked outside blocking road... actually only semi-D n bungalow ok, inter terrace cannot make it coz neighbours too close any renovation, party, children playing can hear... not peaceful

Most semi-detached and small plot detached face this neighbour problem also, as the plots are just next to each other.

The best is of course a GCB, where your building footprint is limited to 40% of the land, thus rendering your neighbours further away.

But most of us can't afford GCBs.

So the next best thing to do is to look for detached, semi-detached and corner terrace at the corners of the block of land. This will guarantee that you will have no neighbour on at least one side. And that is the side where you build your house facing.

There are many semi-detached and detached (small bungalow land) houses in the east coast that are only marginally better than inter-terraces. It is nightmarish, a so-called semi-detached and detached house having neighbours right next door on both sides so close to you. Every morning come out of your house can see sour black face on both left and right sides..... Do avoid those.

Living at the ground floor is a big no-no. Can't imagine some aunties throwing their used pads from upstairs.

It really happen in HDB flats.

Living at the ground floor is a big no-no. Can't imagine some aunties throwing their used pads from upstairs.

It really happen in HDB flats.

I though the title is Condo ground floor unit. :huh:

Now most new condo comes with 2m shelter to cover the patio, sounds like a good idea.

Some also come with ponds or garden to give some privacy to the unit.

Guess these are the leas son learn from the older condos.

Anyone has experience living in a modern patio unit with cover to share?

What to look out for when installing awning, decking, security etc.

landed got spiders, bees, termites, snakes, frogs, snails, cars parked outside blocking road... actually only semi-D n bungalow ok, inter terrace cannot make it coz neighbours too close any renovation, party, children playing can hear... not peaceful

My cheap inter terrace doesnt hv any of the problems you mention leh, muayhahahahaha

Anyone has experience living in a modern patio unit with cover to share?

What to look out for when installing awning, decking, security etc.

If its a good condo with good tenancy mix.

No problem at all.

Install awning just get approval from MCST.

They will advise what is possible and what is not.

My cheap inter terrace doesnt hv any of the problems you mention leh, muayhahahahaha

If its a good condo with good tenancy mix.

No problem at all.

Install awning just get approval from MCST.

They will advise what is possible and what is not.

Thanks bro. My patio comes with cover up to 2 m as per current new rule.

I wanted to shield the remaining 1 m with awning from afternoon sun :)

My place someone threw a packet of milo down into someone's patio, middle if the night can hear downstair owner screaming and cursing.

Eeee..,...bad neighbour :p

My place someone threw a packet of milo down into someone's patio, middle if the night can hear downstair owner screaming and cursing.

Maybe is very young kids.

When my child was young he would throw things down occasionally despite being told off about it.

Luckily there was a huge ledge to shelter the ground.

Lots of things on the ledge, food stuff, toys etc.

Edited by Seohster
  • Praise 1

If you live on the ground floor

and are a good looking lesbian

like me, when you change your

clothes people will peep at you.

:D

• Praise 8

If you live on the ground floor

and are a good looking lesbian

like me, when you change your

clothes people will peep at you.