Living in ground floor unit of Condo?

Kiario

IMO, staying on ground floor of Condo is not ideal. Whilst there is some sense of feeing it's like staying in Landed, it is however far from it.

Lack of privacy as compared to Landed means that likely the occupant will draw their blinds and close the windows from prying eyes and that means natural air doesn't flow in so you will incur higher electricity bills.

Your PES would also be dirty from leaves, dust and possible litter from above which may include toe/finger nails, tissue paper and the odd cigarette butt.

Another issue could be possible BBQ smoke coming into your house and noise levels higher should you be unfortunate enough to be near the pits.

All in all, I would stay clear if possible, my 2 cents.

• Praise 7

Thanks bro. My patio comes with cover up to 2 m as per current new rule.

I wanted to shield the remaining 1 m with awning from afternoon sun :)

I found this awning allowance to be immensely inconvenient... 

Tho i emphatize with the littering problem from higher up floors, problems arise whenever something savoury is thrown down on to the awning.. (attracting tons of ants) The question now arises to who's responsibility is it to clear the mess? from level 2, i can't wash it away as i would be essentially flushing the contents into my neighbour's yard .. 

faced with this un-fixable conundrum.. sold the house in 3wks..  :relief:

• Praise 2

how about installing a canopy ? It can somehow block some of the litter from upstairs, just that U will need a long broom to sweep away those stuff.

For pent house units, it gets freaking hot when the weather is hot even cold water becomes heated water ! To overcome, can consider laying carpet grass on the roof to bring down the temperature.

It is always the case of U see me good, I see you good.

• Praise 1

I have been staying in a ground floor unit for about 1/2 a year liao, it really boils down to heng suay your neighbour upstair b**tard or not and if your mgmt ons or not when it comes to high rise litterbugs. I guess design of the building also plays a part as places with inaccessible planter recess area harder for ppl to litter.

So far so good for me, i still get the occasional small things thrown down, but not often. But still need to spend more time cleaning the outdoor area because of all the fallens leaves and what not. But these are to me minor inconveniences for having the nice big outdoor space. Our dogs also get to roam about in the outdoor area. 

Our place allows us to build a canopy, which we seriously considered and KIV'ed by monitoring the littering situation, when we felt it wasn't so bad, we decided against building it because it would have made the inside of the house darker. 

So instead we just put in a big big umbrella and table from Crate & Barrel. 

But we also got ground floor neighbour not so lucky, a bamboo pole drop down and pierce their retractable awning. Police were called in. So is really havto see before you buy, look at the grounds and see if got any tell-tale signs of high-rise litterbugs.

So far no sexy bra or panty drop yet. 

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 1

I have been staying in a ground floor unit for about 1/2 a year liao, it really boils down to heng suay your neighbour upstair b**tard or not and if your mgmt ons or not when it comes to high rise litterbugs. I guess design of the building also plays a part as places with inaccessible planter recess area harder for ppl to litter.

So far so good for me, i still get the occasional small things thrown down, but not often. But still need to spend more time cleaning the outdoor area because of all the fallens leaves and what not. But these are to me minor inconveniences for having the nice big outdoor space. Our dogs also get to roam about in the outdoor area. 

Our place allows us to build a canopy, which we seriously considered and KIV'ed by monitoring the littering situation, when we felt it wasn't so bad, we decided against building it because it would have made the inside of the house darker. 

But we also got ground floor neighbour not so lucky, a bamboo pole drop down and pierce their retractable awning. Police were called in. So is really havto see before you buy, look at the grounds and see if got any tell-tale signs of high-rise litterbugs.

Yeah, it really depends on the development...ie the type of people staying there.

I like staying ground floor, been staying for 20 yrs. No luck for sexy bra or panties :D , maybe I am lucky to have good neighbours above, so far no problem. Maybe the trick is to make friends with people staying above you... [rolleyes]  

• Praise 3

Oh yeah, now I'm leaving on the ground floor and it's great! It's exactly like a resort with direct pool access. The patio on the ground floor is pretty spacious. And no, I don't really get litter bug problems. 

http://www.theedgeproperty.com.sg/content/below-1-million-freehold-ground-floor-unit-kallang

BELOW $1 MILLION: Freehold ground floor unit in Kallang

By Tan Chee Yuen / The Edge Property | November 11, 2015 4:29 PM MYT

A ground floor unit at The Mornington is going for $888,000 or $1,036 psf. The one-bedroom unit has an area of 857 sq ft (including private enclosed space).

The Mornington is a freehold condominium development located at 16, St. Michael’s Road. Completed in 2004, it is situated 700m from Boon Keng and Potong Pasir MRT stations of the North-East Line. Schools within 1km from the property include St. Andrew’s Junior Institution, Bendemeer Primary School and Hong Wen School.

There is no recent comparable transaction this year. The latest transaction was in November 2014 when a 1,259 sq ft unit at the 10th floor was sold at $1,325,000 or $1,052 psf. As at 3Q2015, median price of private non-landed homes in Rest of Central Region stands at $916.70 psf and rent at $2.80 psf per month.

• Praise 10

Heng

Heng

Heng

Suay

Suay

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3