Toxic food scandal in Taiwan (latest food to avoid)

Windwaver

Just saw in news that Shin Ramen has been recalled and is under test for di-isononyl phthalate (DINP). I took notice of this because NTUC and Carrefour has been putting this on promotion pretty often [laugh]

Read this http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/S...ory_678784.html

shinramen.jpg

Please also post any food that is not safe for consumption in this thread :D

↡ Advertisement

human milk is always the best source of food. <_<

Maybe human milk will also be poisonous after eating all these [laugh]

yes, depend wat milk provider eats...

btw, seen supermkt havin sale for above product... tryin to clear b4 ava order to removed fr racks / ban...

Steady....once again Singapore did not import in this noodles from Taiwan.

The ones sold here are made in Singapore n indon....confirmed safe!!

Singapore very lucky always?!

Knn,until now,did I realise that a number of those so called fruit juices,were not a single content of that fruit.It's all artificial colouring.What the heck! I'm not very sure if those were imported from Taiwan were in sin too.

Knn,until now,did I realise that a number of those so called fruit juices,were not a single content of that fruit.It's all artificial colouring.What the heck! I'm not very sure if those were imported from Taiwan were in sin too.

most fruit juices are colouring + flavouring + sugar + preservatives. There are no real juices inside.

most fruit juices are colouring + flavouring + sugar + preservatives. There are no real juices inside.

These pple only tot of making more $$$.How low can that be.Seriously,I think there will be more and more being exposed.Dun be suprise that even those stuffs that produce by our neighbours might be tainted too.

In SG they are usually called juice DRINK. It's not pure fruit juice. Only limited brands got natural fruit juice and priced about twice.

The packaging can legally claim to use 100% real fruit juice, nothing wrong with that.

But the ratio is not stated.

If the real fruit juice is only 5% of total volume, 95% water, coloring n sugar, still legal.

Turbocharged

look for those that says "Not from concentrate".

avoid those that says ___ (fruit) concentrate in the ingredients label.

hehe, been to Taiwan lately? They got gutter oil scarce . . .

http://www.thestandard.com.hk/news_detail.asp?we_cat=11&art_id=149192&sid=42930964&con_type=3&d_str=20140905&fc=7

Friday, September 05, 2014

5_2014090422014422202gutter1.jpg

Police in Taiwan have smashed a racket in which gutter oil was sold to food factories which made a popular pineapple pastry.

Five men and a woman were arrested in the raid in Kaohsiung.

The gutter oil, which is a mixture of oil from drains, sewers and trash cans, was decanted into fresh bottles and mainly sold to eateries and bakeries in Kaohsiung and nearby districts.

According to the police, the factory, which sold about 200 tonnes of the tainted oil, had been operating for over a year.

Many food outlets and night markets in the island bought the oil because it was NT$10 (HK$2.58) cheaper than the usual market price. In general, pork oil is sold at NTS40 per kilogram but the "recycled oil" cost only NT$30 per kg.

Changguan, a factory that specializes in processing cooking oil, is one of the alleged buyers of the gutter oil while products from its subsidiary, Chyuan-Toong, are widely sold in Taiwan.

Police suspect food that contains pork oil produced by Chyuan-Toong may contain the tainted oil.

Another factory, Jinn Uei, which specializes in making pig feed, is also alleged to have mixed the gutter oil into their products.

According to Taiwan media ETTV, some oil storage barrels, many of them rusty and containing a yellowish oil, were found outside the busted factory.

The work desk was covered with black oil stains while a white layer of an unknown substance was found on the surface of the oil in the barrels.

Police had been investigating the case fo

6_2014090422014422202guuter2.jpg

r six months before carrying out the raid on Monday.

It was suspected the factory illegally collected rancid and sebum oils from a leather factory, and generated dirty cooking oil.

Apart from those arrested, police also seized 17 oil storage tanks, 23 barrels of leather sebum oil, an oil truck and order invoices. It was estimated that at least 200 tonnes of gutter oil had been released into the city throughout the year.

taiwan is trailing china in food scare ... one scandal after another since "su hua ji" (DEHP plasticizers) [thumbsdown]

Edited by Wt_know

simi lai de? You mean use plastics to make things cripies?

Thought it's widely known and used in Boleh Land to goreng goreng pisang? Yummy yammy......... you always wonder how come cannot reach that kind of standard, but the trick is disused drinking straws and plastic mineral water bottles.

taiwan is trailing china in food scare ... one scandal after another since "su hua ji" (DEHP plasticizers) [thumbsdown]

• Praise 1