Toxic food scandal in Taiwan (latest food to avoid)

Windwaver

not much condemnation from all online forums I've visited..hypocrisy much [rolleyes]

If it is another country, people will be cursing and swearing and getting bias or personal with their remarks. [laugh][laugh]

• Praise 2

In case u all duno, those fried shallots U all eat in food courts, coffeeshop are made with plastic straws mixed with it..purpose is to make it crispy for many many days.

If u dont believe, go fried some shallots at home and leave it for half a day, it will turn soft.

• Praise 2

by now million of people have it inside their stomach liao [:(] won't die so soon lah.

I used to be sad when I see pictures of dead animals with foreign plastic contents in their tummies. Never imagine we human nowadays happily and willingly put those in ours just because they made the food tastier, haha. How can the inventor" sleep well at night?

• Praise 1

In case u all duno, those fried shallots U all eat in food courts, coffeeshop are made with plastic straws mixed with it..purpose is to make it crispy for many many days.

If u dont believe, go fried some shallots at home and leave it for half a day, it will turn soft.

Chun boh? Won't plastic melt away in boiling hot oil?

They can add flour or frying paste to the shallots to make it cripsy mah.

If what you say is true dan kindly explain what are in onion rings?

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 2

REally. I put lot into my noodle. Jialat.

commonly used to fried goreng pisang, yew teow, etc.

If these foods can taste crispy after few hours, it probably been fried with pastics.

• Praise 1

commonly used to fried goreng pisang, yew teow, etc.

If these foods can taste crispy after few hours, it probably been fried with pastics.

Haha...dan we are no different from turtles or sharks that has plastic bottles in their stomachs.

If melt lagi good, gel nicely with shallots then no one can taste the difference.

The amount of plastic used may be of small quantity so the crispy-ness is there..

Onion rings I dont know how it is made leh..

Please file a report to AVA or NEA.

Well, there are alot of food that are considered plastic..our beloved magarine is one of them. Try feeding an animal with margarine see the animal wan to eat or not. LOL

If everything file then they ban those items then we got nothing to eat liao

in case someone wonders why there is biasness.
Maybe u can read up this book
台湾,最美的风景是人

「老實說,臺灣的名山大水不比中國壯觀,人文才是我們覺得最美的。」

“新週刊”總編輯封新城說,臺灣人的生活型態,體現自己如何看待生命,
「社會文化的載體終究是人,臺灣民眾選擇了自己要的生活。」
封新城認為,臺灣是大陸的鏡子,
臺灣如何民主轉型、人文氣質的社會教育等,對大陸具有參考價值。
“新週刊”在2010年刊出專題「民國范兒」(范兒意為風格),
也引發話題,封新城解釋,
「我們用意不是緬懷民國初期,而是懷念那種文化氣質。」
他感歎,文革與改革開放消磨了大陸的文化內涵。

Yes, there are some unethical business behaviour/ practices that are driven by greed, but you don't judge a place only by its economy or political system, but also culture, civic minded-ness, diversity, graciousness, that leaves a deep impression for visitors / non-natives and a good feeling to visit again, or long to be a part of the society. And if so, I would think Taiwan is on par with Japan.
If you factor in the ghost of japanese ultranationlism and its reticence/ denial (?) of world war crimes, I would think taiwan is ahead in the Sinosphere.

Not sure about the packaging part.

I would think it is a value system, years of upbringing, pace of living, ..., that groom the behaviour/ total experience.

There is no big brother or invisible hand behind to package it to sell to the world.

Ok, Korea, there are dedicated people/ resources allocated to sell

korean culture (especially after the asian financial crisis), but if the package is a result of a managed project, it will not last.

Usually, it won't touch you emotionally, and even if it does initially, you can feel it eventually that it is manipulated, or planned. It has to be natural or evolved over time.

Not totally apt here, but it has some relevance, i hope.

道之以政,齐之以刑,民免而无耻;道之以德,齐之以礼,有耻且格

ShenZhen is largely made of educated migrants from different provinces. Suzhou is known to churn out scholars or 才子.

I am not sure 1986 (before Chiang Ching-kuo ended martial law in 1987) was a good year to experience Taiwan. It took time for people to settle down, I would think peasants living in martial law were usually a bit tense.

I would suggest three movies from Hou Hsiao-Hsien.

童年往事, 戀戀風塵, 悲情城市

For xiAn, I would think one needs to listen to qinQiang (秦腔) to have a feel on that place or how it evolves.

• Praise 2

Guys, dun be too pround of our local food. Have you ever wonder why sausage is sold at such low price and what is it made of? Have you wonder how the buns manufacturer able to sell a pork bun at 1.50 where the amount of pork use alrd more expansive than what you could buy from supermarket?

If you think deeper... trust me, we basically dont need to eat any outside food & process food alrd....

• Praise 2

台湾“卫福部”食药署:即日查封强冠储存香港猪油油槽

2014年09月11日 08:08:31来源: 中国新闻网

由于香港方面已证实,香港金宝运贸易公司卖给台湾强冠公司的猪油是饲料油而非供人食用油,台湾“卫生福利部”食品药物管理署10日晚表示,虽尚未接获正式通知,但已决定11日将直接查封强冠厂内储存香港猪油的油槽

中央社报道,香港食物安全中心顾问医生何玉贤10日晚表示,金宝运贸易公司在向台湾强冠公司输出猪油时,将供动物食用的饲料油填报为可供人类食用的油,涉及刑事罪行。

台湾“卫生福利部”食品药物管理署副署长姜郁美随后指出,“既然香港已替我们证明了,所以我们也就不用验,直接查封”,11日食药署将会同高雄市卫生局,查封强冠厂内储存香港猪油的油槽,至于下游产品流向,明天再作决定。

此前台湾检方因缺乏证据只查封强冠公司内储存郭烈成劣质油的油槽,仅占全厂的三分之一,但未查封储存进口香港、日本油的油槽,强冠公司以郭烈成劣质油制作的“全统香猪油”以外的油脂产品也未强制回收。

据台湾食药署的调查,强冠公司自2008年至今,7年共进口56批共2385吨香港猪油;另在强冠厂内查到一纸10余公吨的香港猪油进货资料。食药署并出示今年3月份,强冠进口金宝运贸易公司食用猪油的公证检验证明为合格。

姜郁美说,现在香港方面已证明金宝运贸易公司以动物饲料油谎报供人食用油卖给强冠,希望台湾“经济部”贸易局能协助查清资料,而究竟还会波及多少台湾业者,也有待调查。

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1