SG WOMAN FORCED TO STRIP AT JB CUSTOM

Mecontle

(edited)

post-90523-1307981099_thumb.jpg

TWO Singaporean women who drove into Johor Baru were detained by Malaysian customs, stripped, and made to squat and stand while pulling their ears.

They were detained for 24 hours for "illegal entry" as their passports were not stamped at the Malaysian customs, reported Shin Min Daily News.

The incident occurred last Thursday (June 9) when property agent Ms Lim, 29, went to Changi Airport to pick up a friend, insurance agent Ms Zhan, 39, who was returning from a holiday in Hong Kong.

Click on thumbnail to view (Photos: Lianhe Wanbao, Shin Min Daily News)

They then decided to drive to Johor Baru for supper at around 1.30am.

Ms Lim told Shin Min Daily News that she drove into Lane 2 and realised that there was no customs officer on duty. She attempted to use the intercom service to ask if there was anyone, but according to her, it was too noisy and she was not able to make out if anyone had replied her.

After five minutes, she decided to use the Touch n Go system to enter into Malaysia. The Touch n Go system is a smart card used at Malaysian highway tolls and can be used to enter the country if travelling from Singapore.

The two noticed that there was no one attending to the fingerprinting scanning system and therefore, were not able to get their passports stamped and checked before entering Johor Baru.

"I immediately made a U-turn towards the Malaysian checkpoint to find an officer to stamp our passports and that was when we were accused of illegal entry.

"We were interrogated by customs officers around 3am and were detained for up to 15 hours.

"We were handcuffed and around 6pm the next day, we were taken to a detention centre in Pontian," said Ms Zhan.

Upon arriving at the detention centre, the two told Shin Min Daily News that they were ordered by a Malay correction officer to take off their clothes and said that this was "normal procedure".

Ms Zhan also said that Ms Lim was given a smelly and old T-shirt to wear while the other detainees wore their own clothes.

She told the Chinese evening daily that the two of them were made to squat and stand while pulling their ears.

They were allowed to wear their clothes only after they had finished ten squats.

Ms Zhan said that they were locked up in a cell that was about two-thirds the size of a football field. There were about 50 other detainees in the same cell and were mainly from Indonesia and the Philippines; the two women were the only ones from Singapore.

When Ms Zhan asked for a new sanitary pad from one of the detention officers, some of the detainees told her that she will have to use soap and water to wash her soiled pad before disposing it, or else she will be reprimanded by the officers.

She said the toilet was filthy and the stench filled the entire cell, and as the toilet did not have a door, a cloth was used instead, but only covered up to her eyes.

They were also told by their cellmates that they would be punished if they did not finish their food and will be made to stand for an hour if they spoke too loudly.

"There was no mattress or pillow in the cell, so we slept on the floor with bugs and cockroaches," said Ms Zhan.

The two were released the following Saturday at 6am with warning letters. They were not charged or penalised.

While they were getting their passports stamped on their way back to Singapore, they were told that they will not be able to enter Malaysia easily after this incident.

It was the first time the two had driven to Malaysia. They told Shin Min Daily News that although they were at fault, they did not understand why they were treated like prisoners.

They also said that they intend to seek a legal help and demand for compensation for their traumatic experience in Malaysia.

http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNews...613-283897.html

TMD :angry:

Edited by Mecontle
↡ Advertisement

funny.. go pick fren from airport then decided to go makan at JB in the middle of the night.. and for the very first time?

and tap TnG then realised no stamping? but stamping is before TnG mah......

Turbocharged

funny.. go pick fren from airport then decided to go makan at JB in the middle of the night.. and for the very first time?

and tap TnG then realised no stamping? but stamping is before TnG mah......

its at the same area... most funny thing i find is, going to jb at 1:30am to eat supper for 2 girl?? [sweatdrop]

I think better keep quiet and not play a fool with Malaysia unless you plan not to go there anymore ever after!

1. If you sue them, you surely lose

2. If you are to testify at their court, you will be detained again under their internal securities act as you breached their security by entering their country without a stamp.

3. You are not the first person to be treated like that. Remember the army boy and his gf? They drove in without a stamp on the passport, whether or not is their fault, it will be their fault. They gone through much more miserable trauma than both of you.

4. A rule of thumb, you MUST have WHITE CARD and PASSPORT stamped when you go into Malaysia. If there is no one at the counter, reverse your car, or wait till there is someone. If really no one, please un turn and go back Singapore. Who knows, they may be wating for stupid Singaporean to cross stupily and then give you a good show when you return. You think lah....how can a country have no barrier or person at the counter, allowing people to drive in freely? They got the money to implement finger scan thing, why no money to put a barrier down when there is no one at the coutner?

5. Do not talk, eat or listen to music when you pass the counter by car, you would be deem as disrespect to the Malaysia customs. They can detained you or give you a fine. Please lower all windows, sit straight with a gentle smile.

6. Singapore is doing so well, economically, socially, environmentally, morally, all our neighbours have red eye! Since they will not have war with us in the short run, cannot directly take away our wealth and property and girls, they will find chance here and there to bully us! I guess your naked pictures will be uploaded to youtube soon if you have done the squat thing at the detention centre. Look out and say cheese.....

(edited)

ZzzzzZzZ the story sounds funny leh, why would 2 girls go to JB just after a trip to HK? Esp in the wee hours of the morning

Edited by I-LOVE-CARS

(edited)

Doesn't the Malaysian custom give them a chance to explain before sending them to detention?

-------------------

http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNews...613-283897.html

20110613.222156_20110613-johor.jpg

They were ordered to strip by Malaysian customs

Two S'porean women were ordered to strip naked after their passports were not stamped at Malaysian customs. -AsiaOne

Mon, Jun 13, 2011

AsiaOne

TWO Singaporean women who drove into Johor Baru were detained by Malaysian customs, stripped, and made to squat and stand while pulling their ears.

They were detained for 24 hours for "illegal entry" as their passports were not stamped at the Malaysian customs, reported Shin Min Daily News.

The incident occurred last Thursday (June 9) when property agent Ms Lim, 29, went to Changi Airport to pick up a friend, insurance agent Ms Zhan, 39, who was returning from a holiday in Hong Kong.

They then decided to drive to Johor Baru for supper at around 1.30am.

Ms Lim told Shin Min Daily News that she drove into Lane 2 and realised that there was no customs officer on duty. She attempted to use the intercom service to ask if there was anyone, but according to her, it was too noisy and she was not able to make out if anyone had replied her.

After five minutes, she decided to use the Touch n Go system to enter into Malaysia. The Touch n Go system is a smart card used at Malaysian highway tolls and can be used to enter the country if travelling from Singapore.

The two noticed that there was no one attending to the fingerprinting scanning system and therefore, were not able to get their passports stamped and checked before entering Johor Baru.

"I immediately made a U-turn towards the Malaysian checkpoint to find an officer to stamp our passports and that was when we were accused of illegal entry.

"We were interrogated by customs officers around 3am and were detained for up to 15 hours.

"We were handcuffed and around 6pm the next day, we were taken to a detention centre in Pontian," said Ms Zhan.

Upon arriving at the detention centre, the two told Shin Min Daily News that they were ordered by a Malay correction officer to take off their clothes and said that this was "normal procedure".

Ms Zhan also said that Ms Lim was given a smelly and old T-shirt to wear while the other detainees wore their own clothes.

She told the Chinese evening daily that the two of them were made to squat and stand while pulling their ears.

They were allowed to wear their clothes only after they had finished ten squats.

Ms Zhan said that they were locked up in a cell that was about two-thirds the size of a football field. There were about 50 other detainees in the same cell and were mainly from Indonesia and the Philippines; the two women were the only ones from Singapore.

When Ms Zhan asked for a new sanitary pad from one of the detention officers, some of the detainees told her that she will have to use soap and water to wash her soiled pad before disposing it, or else she will be reprimanded by the officers.

She said the toilet was filthy and the stench filled the entire cell, and as the toilet did not have a door, a cloth was used instead, but only covered up to her eyes.

They were also told by their cellmates that they would be punished if they did not finish their food and will be made to stand for an hour if they spoke too loudly.

"There was no mattress or pillow in the cell, so we slept on the floor with bugs and cockroaches," said Ms Zhan.

The two were released the following Saturday at 6am with warning letters. They were not charged or penalised.

While they were getting their passports stamped on their way back to Singapore, they were told that they will not be able to enter Malaysia easily after this incident.

It was the first time the two had driven to Malaysia. They told Shin Min Daily News that although they were at fault, they did not understand why they were treated like prisoners.

They also said that they intend to seek a legal help and demand for compensation for their traumatic experience in Malaysia.

[email protected]

Edited by Billcoke

Neutral Newbie

How silly can they get. Counter no pple go to the next one mah.

So got guts and went ahead without passport chopped. :wacko:

first timer??? haha

How silly can they get. Counter no pple go to the next one mah.

So got guts and went ahead without passport chopped. :wacko:

still touch and go hahaha first timer got touch and go card, funny [laugh] no wonder get stripped, lame reasons

actually it happened to me recently, i touch and went, but passport not stamped. stopped the car at petrol station ahead and walked back to the customs office. wasn't made to strip tho, and they stamped it soon after. Just a big hassle to have to walk up n down.

Its pathetic how apathetic it gets, most likely attributed to "born with a silver spoon" & hence the conjuration "spurs are not stuck into the hide" sums it all. Expects a fellow brethren would soon jackpot for felony over an act of heedlessness at hell's kitchen

1) 1st time how to have touch & go card?

2) Say counter no people then how to get card?

3) 1st time go JB..... at night? 2 female some more?

Any JB regulars know where is the place these 2 girls heading for supper ? The supper surely must give an unforgettable memory for them to make an effort to drive in at 1.30am. I won't advise 1st timer, especially female, to go in at such hours.

Twincharged
(edited)

I have one encounter though not passport not stamp but I lost my white card while at malaysia.. I thought can use a new 1 and fill it.. and upon returing back from malaysia.. I was stuck for almost 30 mins.. being question by the malaysia custom officer.. I was lucky that the officer see my 1st time and give me a stern warning saying if next time happen again.. he will not hasitate to detain me..

He say that if lost white card and fill a new one is consider cheating and playing with the system..

supposing lost white card.. one should not fill a new one but explain to the officer that one has lost white card and through some questioning they will release..

So important note.. what we do.. as long as "DON"T TRY TO CHEAT" with the system.. and be sincere and apologise.. it should be ok..

Edited by Yewheng
↡ Advertisement