• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
67 replies to this topic | 80 praises

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:48 AM

Vulcann
  • Vulcann
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

The SAF Pledge

We, members of the Singapore Armed Forces, do solemnly and sincerely pledge that we will always bear true faith and allegiance to the President and the Republic of Singapore.

We will always support and defend the Constitution.

We will preserve and protect the honour and independence of our country with our lives.

So says the SAF pledge which many of us have been saying throughout our NSF & reservist days.

My question is why are we pledging our allegiance to the President? Is it because he is the head of state? What about the PM or the Defence Minister who is the head of MINDEF & of course SAF.

And the allegiance to the Republic of Singapore is to her people or the government of the day?

Other than comments from fellow MCFers bros & sis, any constitutional experts to comment?
World's Leading Distributor of MiG Parts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:51 AM

Joseph22
  • Premium member
    Joseph22
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Frankly speaking.... my 2-1/2 year in SAF. never mention this pledge before laugh.gif

as for president personal opinion is because president is head of state similar to king.

The SAF Pledge

We, members of the Singapore Armed Forces, do solemnly and sincerely pledge that we will always bear true faith and allegiance to the President and the Republic of Singapore.

We will always support and defend the Constitution.

We will preserve and protect the honour and independence of our country with our lives.

So says the SAF pledge which many of us have been saying throughout our NSF & reservist days.

My question is why are we pledging our allegiance to the President? Is it because he is the head of state? What about the PM or the Defence Minister who is the head of MINDEF & of course SAF.

And the allegiance to the Republic of Singapore is to her people or the government of the day?

Other than comments from fellow MCFers bros & sis, any constitutional experts to comment?

Those who are for a cleaner MCF, change your avatar to a empty black image.

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:52 AM

The_Bear
  • Premium member
    The_Bear
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Frankly speaking.... my 2-1/2 year in SAF. never mention this pledge before laugh.gif

as for president personal opinion is because president is head of state similar to king.

deh, first day go CMPB, give IC then got pledge already. Even before anything. dry.gif
I think, therefore I am.
I think so, therefore I erm...

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:01 PM

Kingcopa
  • Kingcopa
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

deh, first day go CMPB, give IC then got pledge already. Even before anything. dry.gif

Wow u from that era huh? Now go straight to Units or BMTC liao. tongue.gif
Someone said 'football is more important than life and death to you' and I said 'Listen, it's more important than that.'
PSN ID: thegod09
时间和乳沟一样,挤一挤就有了

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:07 PM

The_Bear
  • Premium member
    The_Bear
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yeah. Later on will just log in from home. laugh.gif

E-Incamp.

Click on 'IPPT' - 2.4km to do a virtual run

Try our latest apps "Relax One Corner" with your buddies, invite them to join you.

3SG Tan is on Zenga ChuaDaiDi

Your platoon is flanking hill 143, click here to join them 'live'
I think, therefore I am.

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:13 PM

Passion
  • Premium member
    Passion
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I take that pledge and oath at BMTC auditorium. Pledge loyalty and allegiance to Singapore Arm Forces.

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:26 PM

Joseph22
  • Premium member
    Joseph22
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Mine at BMTC Tekong. cannot remember saying the same pledge leh... the one i took was longer. ph34r.gif

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:34 PM

Rustyz
  • Premium member
    Rustyz
    6th Gear
    Author Image

E-Incamp.

Try our latest apps "Relax One Corner" with your buddies, invite them to join you.

With ur above statment, U sld be our next SINGAPORE president.
If anyone can have it, I don't want it.

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:46 PM

Vulcann
  • Vulcann
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Got la, they made us raised our hands to say that pledge during the first day of enlistment and every time during SAF day on July 1.

Maybe you attend C during those days? laugh.gif

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:48 PM

Vulcann
  • Vulcann
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Mine was Crawford CC then to ITD in Tekong.

23 years ago?

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:49 PM

Vulcann
  • Vulcann
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

White bear for president?

Is he native? laugh.gif

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:53 PM

Joseph22
  • Premium member
    Joseph22
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Got la, they made us raised our hands to say that pledge during the first day of enlistment and every time during SAF day on July 1.

Maybe you attend C during those days? laugh.gif

i on july 1 normally is sia kan warrior laugh.gif so at back stage ph34r.gif

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:35 PM

The_Bear
  • Premium member
    The_Bear
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Good idea. I need the $$. happy.gif
I think, therefore I am.

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:36 PM

The_Bear
  • Premium member
    The_Bear
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

White bear for president?

Is he native? laugh.gif

Black mao or white mao, can catch rat mao is good mao - who else but Mao dry.gif
I think, therefore I am.

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:49 PM

Mecontle
  • Mecontle
    Banned

i only look forward how to siam the next ict ippt & saf craps, & ndp is meaningless too, after all its a dog eat dog world, no amount of serving this nation will make YOU stands out, its only a transition hub for elitist

& for fark sake stop sending saf pioneer magazine to my mailbox

Edited by Mecontle, 15 June 2011 - 02:07 PM.

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:52 PM

Rncw
  • Premium member
    Rncw
    Supercharged
    Author Image

i, a member of SAF, pledge that i will constantly report sick, to achieve Attend C, or at least Attend B light duty.

i will always support and defend my corporal or sergeant who gives us extended long canteen breaks.

We will preserve and protect the freedom that the corporal or sergeant gives us with our lives.

That was what i could remember during my NS time in 1983

we must fight, to run away!

"Ayu-chan, if I cannot be your husband, I'll be your step-father..."

Posted 15 June 2011 - 02:12 PM

Vulcann
  • Vulcann
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Black mao or white mao, can catch rat mao is good mao - who else but Mao dry.gif

Err..in our context this Mao must be highly capable of not only in terms of catching rats but also must have had experience of catching millions of rats before relatively speaking....
biggrin.gif

Posted 15 June 2011 - 02:22 PM

Moredhel
  • Premium member
    Moredhel
    6th Gear
    Author Image

E-Incamp.

Now I know what to suggest during my ICT!!!!

I bet this one the evaluator will be itching to reach for the $250 approved and to implement chop. biggrin.gif

Edited by Moredhel, 15 June 2011 - 02:37 PM.

Sexy Ass Tiko Ranger:- ^^
"How fortunate for leaders, that the masses do not think." - Hitler.

Posted 15 June 2011 - 02:48 PM

Hermitage
  • Hermitage
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Yep, remember that sad sad day at CMPB which saw me at Tekong at the end of it. But the island kinda grows on you and was very happy during my BMT there! Can't remember saying no pledge though...but that doesn't mean I didn't lar, I just can't remember because my memory is damn fcuked up!
No matter where you come from, as long as you are Human...you are an AFRICAN.

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:40 PM

Vulcann
  • Vulcann
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Yep, remember that sad sad day at CMPB which saw me at Tekong at the end of it. But the island kinda grows on you and was very happy during my BMT there! Can't remember saying no pledge though...but that doesn't mean I didn't lar, I just can't remember because my memory is damn fcuked up!

You oso Tekong?

Book in book out RPL v sianz...

Camp 1 or camp 3?

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users