Buying an amplifier

Kurty

Supercharged

hi,

seeking some advise on buying a 4 channel amplifier.

current set up:

front compo speaker: specs as followed:

* 6.5" Mid bass Speakers

* 180 watts

* Injection Polypropylene Woofer Cone

* 25mm Aluminum Voice Coil

* 10 oz High Performance Ferrite Magnet

* Tweeter Speaker with 20mm Silk Dome

* Frequency Response: 65-20,000Hz

* Sensitivity: 90dB/W/M

* Impedance: 4 OHMS

* Maximum Power: 500W

pioneer active sub.

stock rear speaker, 20Watts, max 40w.

thinking of investing in a good 4 channel amplifier and a capacitor.

what is the watt that i should seek when come to buying an amp.

understand most of the speaker operates at 4 ohm, what is the specs that i should look out for?

4 x 200 watts @ 4 ohms?

don't think of changing speakers as may consider to upgrade ride in near future.

as of now, clarity of sound is poor.

gf complains too much background sounds..

bass is good as this is a mid bass speaker plus thanks to pioneer active sub.

2 set of tweeter, reasonable good.

music source: mp3.

i know the mp3 source is important, generally.. just for her sake since she wanna pool in for the upgrade.

please share your views

↡ Advertisement

If there is no splitter, you should try out first.

Manage high, mid and low frequencies and filter them to the right type of speakers to drive out the correct signals.

This is cheaper and basic option.

If this does not solve yooru problem, then invest in amplifier.

Supercharged

if i got a 4 channel amp, how should i bring the best from my component speaker?

read that some actually powering the tweeter to bring more volume from it.

sorry, not very savvy when comes to ICE.

Please offer some good advise.

in short, i would like to enhance my front speaker which is compo along with the tweeter mounted.

bro if you wan clarity...should invest in a good headunit...not amplifier...amplifier will just make the sound louder...if the source (headunit) is bad...there is no cure for that...

if 1 din player is enuf for you....you can try p80..alpine 9887...these 2 are common headunit used by alot of ice lover...can play time alignment too

if you like 2 din player...try alpine 202, 505 or 520...

if you die die wan to use ur stock player... den add on H701 or 1 bit audison to reprocess the source. but the sound will not be good as compare to the above 2 options.

capacitor is useless for your level la...only good for those playing amplifier with power hungry subwoofer..since u r on active sub...cap is useless.

202 and 505 are old model...2nd hand from 500 to 800

520 is new model...local set should be 1000~ 1200 something

u can try www.sgsoundsystem.com

got sell 2nd hand one

is a good website if you really interested to explore further

OK thank you.

My LILIPUT siow already.

my current ride head unit same standard as urs la....can any how throw away la...thinking of invest on the one i mentioned on top. but keep suppressing my urge for it...once i start investing will be non stop....better save more for rainny day..

if i got a 4 channel amp, how should i bring the best from my component speaker?

read that some actually powering the tweeter to bring more volume from it.

sorry, not very savvy when comes to ICE.

Please offer some good advise.

in short, i would like to enhance my front speaker which is compo along with the tweeter mounted.

head down to IASCA 2011 at *scape this 24th July, believe you can see what is a good combi..

of cos mostly are competition grade there.. but after all a section of the event is Audio Carnival.. no harm learning more there..

[:)]

my current ride head unit same standard as urs la....can any how throw away la...thinking of invest on the one i mentioned on top. but keep suppressing my urge for it...once i start investing will be non stop....better save more for rainny day..

Bro, although it`s a expensive hobby but u can do it slowly.. I start playing since 2007 till now still taking my own time to upgrade and learn slowly. Cos in this way u`ll learn more n listen to different setup. If u one time do all good good one then u`ll never understand or lean y like this y like that.. No point liao. Moreover if other ask u wat`s ur setup and wat u know abt ur headunit, u`ll also dunno wat and y u r using that too. Let`s ask n learn together with our friendly members here.. Just my 2cents.. [;)]

Bro, although it`s a expensive hobby but u can do it slowly.. I start playing since 2007 till now still taking my own time to upgrade and learn slowly. Cos in this way u`ll learn more n listen to different setup. If u one time do all good good one then u`ll never understand or lean y like this y like that.. No point liao. Moreover if other ask u wat`s ur setup and wat u know abt ur headunit, u`ll also dunno wat and y u r using that too. Let`s ask n learn together with our friendly members here.. Just my 2cents.. [;)]

bro i played ice for > 10 years...configured and installed on my own...soudproofing on my own...after so may years of playing i realise one thing...dun buy anything 1st...just listen around....until you know how to listen...what to listen...and how is considered good...and what kind of music suits you...

after so many years i've spent > 15K on ice....till now i've dismantled everything due to selling car...now with my "new" 2nd hand car comes with the liliput standard player. the sound is just bad....but dun wish to invest anymore la.....i think if i'were to listen to more setup...with my current ear...5K ( 2nd hand) is good enuf setup for me...rather than spending 15K for nothing...

moral of the story is buy "good" one....dun invest on something just "acceptable"....no need to be "super good"

bro i played ice for > 10 years...configured and installed on my own...soudproofing on my own...after so may years of playing i realise one thing...dun buy anything 1st...just listen around....until you know how to listen...what to listen...and how is considered good...and what kind of music suits you...

after so many years i've spent > 15K on ice....till now i've dismantled everything due to selling car...now with my "new" 2nd hand car comes with the liliput standard player. the sound is just bad....but dun wish to invest anymore la.....i think if i'were to listen to more setup...with my current ear...5K ( 2nd hand) is good enuf setup for me...rather than spending 15K for nothing...

moral of the story is buy "good" one....dun invest on something just "acceptable"....no need to be "super good"

hi,

seeking some advise on buying a 4 channel amplifier.

current set up:

front compo speaker: specs as followed:

* 6.5" Mid bass Speakers

* 180 watts

* Injection Polypropylene Woofer Cone

* 25mm Aluminum Voice Coil

* 10 oz High Performance Ferrite Magnet

* Tweeter Speaker with 20mm Silk Dome

* Frequency Response: 65-20,000Hz

* Sensitivity: 90dB/W/M

* Impedance: 4 OHMS

* Maximum Power: 500W

pioneer active sub.

stock rear speaker, 20Watts, max 40w.

thinking of investing in a good 4 channel amplifier and a capacitor.

what is the watt that i should seek when come to buying an amp.

understand most of the speaker operates at 4 ohm, what is the specs that i should look out for?

4 x 200 watts @ 4 ohms?

don't think of changing speakers as may consider to upgrade ride in near future.

as of now, clarity of sound is poor.

gf complains too much background sounds..

bass is good as this is a mid bass speaker plus thanks to pioneer active sub.

2 set of tweeter, reasonable good.

music source: mp3.

i know the mp3 source is important, generally.. just for her sake since she wanna pool in for the upgrade.

please share your views

Maybe you should let us know what kinda headunit, what type of speakers(what brand?)you're running as well as how much you're willing to spend on this upgrade. 180w? you mean per pair or per speaker? I figure it should be the former.

↡ Advertisement