Loading/Unloading lots at shopping centres.

Babyt

Some shopping centres allow lorries, delivery vans to park and do delivery for FREE.

What about small business owers who ferry goods to shops via a normal passenger car? There was a time my fren tried to drive in but the security guard said cannot despite showing him the delivery order. i find them too rigid...must a delivery vehicle be a VAN or LORRY?

↡ Advertisement

Some shopping centres allow lorries, delivery vans to park and do delivery for FREE.

What about small business owers who ferry goods to shops via a normal passenger car? There was a time my fren tried to drive in but the security guard said cannot despite showing him the delivery order. i find them too rigid...must a delivery vehicle be a VAN or LORRY?

Most motor insurance policies do not cover private car for commercial delivery. Hence the security gaurds may be right to dis-allow/stop admission/entry by private car.

once i drive in & hide my car out of sight from the guard at loading bay for 5min, he pretend to close eye but later buay song want to come over kay po,

Supercharged

Besides doing their job, my take could be that passenger car are not restricted by height limit whereas van and lorry are.

You might not be aware that area catered for them to do delivery is generally more spacious but limited. On top of that, those doing deliveries have a schedule to adhere to. If the management allows a passenger car to unload, then due to constraints, van/lorry might be force to do their unloading/loading at normal parking bay, just imagine the chaos it will create.

that's why small biz owner must must buy GPV

so that you can tell the the secuirty guard: tao kay, this one Gee plate mah [laugh]:D[laugh]:D

then small biz L.L. have to pay for less than 15mins delivery lor.

the worse is when some centres charge $1 for first hour or even $3 for first 3 hours...very lugi.

then small biz L.L. have to pay for less than 15mins delivery lor.

the worse is when some centres charge $1 for first hour or even $3 for first 3 hours...very lugi.

Not really leh...

Some malls offer first 10mins free?

But come to think of it....10mins enough for them meh?

[sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Provided that lorries or vans are able to go in

-_-

that's why small biz owner must must buy GPV

so that you can tell the the secuirty guard: tao kay, this one Gee plate mah [laugh]:D[laugh]:D

Wait till the carpark is less than 1.9m wif hump...

then the security will say " u Gee plate but u cannot go in"

[laugh][:p]

Wait till the carpark is less than 1.9m wif hump...

then the security will say " u Gee plate but u cannot go in"

[laugh][:p]

Its that bloody stupid "typical Singaporean" attitude again bro.... I'm telling you.. be it passenger car or truck what difference does it make if you're loading/unloading or doing delivery!

Try going into the suntec city convention center loading/unloading bay... there was a security guard(rude bugger) who was trying to play punk and refused me entry... I called the management and my client.

Nuff said... he HAD to let me in. Never had any problems again after that. [laugh] [laugh]

This has become uniquely our national attitude == "you cannot do this", "Why like that?", "It's like that one". Sometimes vomit blood, if don't complain then nothing is done. With more "high tech" services, the attitude has been upgraded to "computer say cannot" "why cannot?" "it's not in the computer". Makes you want to exercise national vulgarity.

Our National Day slogan should be "one singapore, it's like that one"

Its that bloody stupid "typical Singaporean" attitude again bro.... I'm telling you.. be it passenger car or truck what difference does it make if you're loading/unloading or doing delivery!

Try going into the suntec city convention center loading/unloading bay... there was a security guard(rude bugger) who was trying to play punk and refused me entry... I called the management and my client.

Nuff said... he HAD to let me in. Never had any problems again after that. [laugh] [laugh]

Free is good what. That means there will be no parking charges passed onto the consumers.

If your "fren" can do delivery in his passenger cars that means items are small enough. Priority should be given to goods vehicles cos most likely the goods are of bigger quantity and bigger in terms of size, plus delivery ppl most likely have a delivery schedule to keep. Letting in passenger cars will only delay and obstruct them.

where got loading bay less than 2.5m one? :blink::wacko:

last time i send something to my client....Drive one G plate lorry

the security guard ask me go down to the underground car park ....say those loading bay is for big lorries one...

Then when i wana go down....knn, cant go in....

reverse back n went back....i tell the security guard tat my lorry too high liao , cannot go in....

that security then say okok.....nvm....hurry up

knn, i feel like a fool

[sweatdrop]

where got loading bay less than 2.5m one? :blink::wacko:

Forget it. Some ppl only speak of things that will only benefit themselves. They will never put themselves in other ppl shoes and look from that perspective.

(edited)

Free is good what. That means there will be no parking charges passed onto the consumers.

If your "fren" can do delivery in his passenger cars that means items are small enough. Priority should be given to goods vehicles cos most likely the goods are of bigger quantity and bigger in terms of size, plus delivery ppl most likely have a delivery schedule to keep. Letting in passenger cars will only delay and obstruct them.

some small items can cost more than 1 big item like a sofa FYI.

to me it sld not matter whether it is VAN or Car as long as it is delivery, they sld look at Invoice and give a time grace to park and deliver. what makes you think my fren will want to go 'gai gai' after delivery? only narrow hearted ppl like u think all ppl are out to park for free there.

what about a lorry that only deliver a few big packs of noodle to a food court stall whereby my fren can deliver 2 bags full of small items that easily cost more than $1K?

as long as someone is deliverying goods to the tenants, they sld be allow to show invoice and park at loading bay.

its as good as saying if a BIG LORRY vs a SMALL VAN, the van can wait.

Edited by Babyt

Hypersonic

Most shopping or at least those I tried to ask don't allow passenger car into the loading/unloading bay. I even show guard huge item inside my car, with DO also cannot. But investing in van is too much for small time delivery man like me

some small items can cost more than 1 big item like a sofa FYI.

to me it sld not matter whether it is VAN or Car as long as it is delivery, they sld look at Invoice and give a time grace to park and deliver. what makes you think my fren will want to go 'gai gai' after delivery? only narrow hearted ppl like u think all ppl are out to park for free there.

what about a lorry that only deliver a few big packs of noodle to a food court stall whereby my fren can deliver 2 bags full of small items that easily cost more than $1K?

We should talk about this in term of business sense. paying for parking just because u r using a car is also a cost.

↡ Advertisement