Michelin XM2

MacDuck

Neutral Newbie

Thanks Triton...

Went to some tyre shops near at First centre to look for XM2, was recommend to use Firestone and Marangoni Verso, said no need to waste money on some branded tyre, which was due to their advetising that led these branded tyre to be expensive.

Doubt about their recommendation, any bro here have any idea how were they perform? Not cheap though, for price in the range $120 ~ $130/pc.

However, package incl. balancing, valve cap, lifetime rotation and GST.

He's just trying to sell you the brands that he is carrying. Seriously, the tyres are the *only* thing that 'sticks' your car onto the road. You decide for yourself :)

↡ Advertisement

hi guys i've been using these set of tyres for 6000km....

if u r driving a "normal" car, and wanna get from place to place safely and all, THIS IS IT.

fuel consumption with these tyres are exceptionally good. also, i've read online that the lifespan is abt 40k...

grip is great, both in the dry and wet...

well, ocasionally if u need to rev and speed, its definitely safe to do so...

highly recommended tyres for the average user

Can recommend shops that carry wide range of sizes for XM2? I'm using 20565R16 which is pretty limited in the market.

I just saw from michelin website that XM2 comes in this uncommon size.

You pay more for branded tyres because of the R&D involved and the type of compounds which are used. Of course marketing plays a part but I think what's most important is that you pay for what you get. Never get those unknown or china made ones if you are indeed a responsible driver - you are not the only road user.

You pay more for branded tyres because of the R&D involved and the type of compounds which are used. Of course marketing plays a part but I think what's most important is that you pay for what you get. Never get those unknown or china made ones if you are indeed a responsible driver - you are not the only road user.

well said...

BUT sometimes people got no budget... thats why go for value for money tyres...

well, if it serves its purpose well enough, why not ?

i think its more of the responsibility and driving style of the driver which makes the roads safe...

not whether he buys good tyres or not ..

just my opinion la.. aha

try to buy this "Fatman" tyres with priority made in France.

next, buy made in UK if available.

my dad's 1st car--black austin a40 in mid 50s, was replaced with tis fatman tyres.

up to early 70s, tyre shop wud buy a botak fatman tyre $8- for the purpose of rethread.

iirc, my 1st purchase of fatman tyres was fr a tyre shop next to Court furniture in orchard rd, quite near to istana.

only setback is the side wall, very sensitive, always looks like "air not enough"

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Just change 4 of these Michelin XM2 types over the weekend in JB. Size 185/55 R15 86H (Extra Load)

Was given a brochure (see attached) scan copy for your perusal

Cheers

Hi, can pm me the shop n price ?

Neutral Newbie

Went JB change 4 xm2, 196/60/15, rm$280 include valve change, balancing and alignment. So far so good less noisy n good steering response.

Neutral Newbie

Went JB change 4 xm2, 196/60/15, rm$280 include valve change, balancing and alignment. So far so good less noisy n good steering response.

Bro, where is the place? I need to change mine soon.

↡ Advertisement