Michelin XM2

MacDuck

Hi,

Anyone know the price for 205/60R16 for both Primacy LC and XM2?

Is Primacy LC better or XM2 better? I am looking for quiet and comfort ride and safer on a wet road condition. Or any recommendation? [drivingcar]

↡ Advertisement

Hi, Bro Camrytron,

I changed mine on 5th.Dec.2011, from Yokohama A-drive to XM2 (185x65R14) taken good advises from MCF bro's, by now already runs in to 3800km due to my long distant travelling.

My honest feedbacks are as follows;

1) FC from 9~10km/L improves to 10~11km/L (same old driving habits)

2) All Speakers sounds clearer listening with my favorite musics & songs (never do anything with my car Hi-Fi)

3) My ABS indicator seem like out-of-order, never even lit-up at all. (previously with Yokohama A-drive the ABS lit constantly especially wet roads, did sent to AD for checks but was told Nothing Wrong with ABS sensor)

4) Notice all 4 Tyres pressure stabilize and maintained at 35psi constantly. (tyre shop adviced to check regularly till next X-rotate at 8000km)

5) Driving 90~100km/h into SLE towards PIE sharp cornering bend, just lift right leg decelerate speed without japping my brakes, and took the turn with surprising....no tyre noise.

Note: I'm not Michelin promoter, but a happy end-user. Did you send your buddy the cheque ? [wave]

Edited by Fongmy

Zoom99,

Currently, I am using Falken 912. Seems not very good in wet condition.

I have a few tyres in mind and after reviewing so many sites and forums. And I am looking for quiet and comfort ride and safer on a wet road condition. Seems like Fongmy has stated that XM2 is quiet.

1) MC XM2

2) MC Primacy LC

3) BS GR90

4) GY Eagle LS2000 II

5) GY Eagle Excellence

I also need to look around to see where to buy them. Any recommendation?

Neutral Newbie

I'm a happy driver with selection of GR-90, after comparison with XM2 & GR-90.

As the price is the same, I decided on GR-90.

Reason: Jpan vs Thai made(personal preference)

It's at a shop at Jln Buroh ind park, Pandan Loop.

Sorry can't remember th name.

Zoom99,

Currently, I am using Falken 912. Seems not very good in wet condition.

I have a few tyres in mind and after reviewing so many sites and forums. And I am looking for quiet and comfort ride and safer on a wet road condition. Seems like Fongmy has stated that XM2 is quiet.

1) MC XM2

2) MC Primacy LC

3) BS GR90

4) GY Eagle LS2000 II

5) GY Eagle Excellence

I also need to look around to see where to buy them. Any recommendation?

Hi, Bro Guangster,

Yes, it's pretty quiet and comfortable running over hump and shallow pot holes, I feel the wet road grips is satisfactory as I slow down around 90~100km/h on highway in wet weather, surprisingly happy with improved FC with my difficult to change heavy right foot driving habit too.

You may PM me to meet up sometime, somewhere to test drive my car for a feel and comparison with your other brands in mind before deciding what is your preference.

Cheers. :D

Hi, Bro Camrytron,

I changed mine on 5th.Dec.2011, from Yokohama A-drive to XM2 (185x65R14) taken good advises from MCF bro's, by now already runs in to 3800km due to my long distant travelling.

My honest feedbacks are as follows;

1) FC from 9~10km/L improves to 10~11km/L (same old driving habits)

2) All Speakers sounds clearer listening with my favorite musics & songs (never do anything with my car Hi-Fi)

3) My ABS indicator seem like out-of-order, never even lit-up at all. (previously with Yokohama A-drive the ABS lit constantly especially wet roads, did sent to AD for checks but was told Nothing Wrong with ABS sensor)

4) Notice all 4 Tyres pressure stabilize and maintained at 35psi constantly. (tyre shop adviced to check regularly till next X-rotate at 8000km)

5) Driving 90~100km/h into SLE towards PIE sharp cornering bend, just lift right leg decelerate speed without japping my brakes, and took the turn with surprising....no tyre noise.

Note: I'm not Michelin promoter, but a happy end-user. Did you send your buddy the cheque ? [wave]

Bro welcome to Michelin club & glad that u experience good with their tyres..

this is my 2nd set of michelin tyres,after this set wore out i will change to XM2 since u giving good grade for this model..

Think my will be ex [bigcry] 215/60/16

btw why u pump 35psi for your 14"?

my 16" i just pump 32psi only..

my buddy is laughing in his cell looking at my check hehe :D

All,

$195 per donut for XM2 is quite exp compare to my $150 for falken 912 donut 205/60R16.

1) MC XM2 - $195

2) MC Primacy LC - ???

3) BS GR90 - ???

4) GY Eagle LS2000 II - $150

5) GY Eagle Excellence - fr $132

Fongmy,

How much you getting your MX2? Same spec as mine 205/60R16?

Hi, Bro Camrytron,

Drove out from AD and changed from stock tyres to Yokohama A-drive all the time(now my car 5.5yrs old), continued with Yokohama A-drive due to effortable pricing [rolleyes]

Recently found good comments from MCF XM2 posting's [thumbsup] and phone call my regular Taman Johor Michelin Tyre Shop for XM2 quotation, surprised to compare with good savings from Singapore Yokohama A-drive and XM2 pricing [knife] immediately traded-in my 85% threads old tyres at higher value and switched to XM2 with good confidents in it's Brand name [drivingcar]

The tyre shop foreman Ah Lim told me to pump 35psi(my normal regular pumps setting is 220kpa) from New tyre untill 8000km X-rotation(guessing maybe still within Michelin Warranty to detect early mfg.defects?)

Your ones....definitely expensives lah !! Big Man, Big Car, Big Tyre, Big 5-match sticks Watch, Signing Big Cheque for buddy, don't worry I'll not borrow $$$ from you and don't deny anymore.

Your stressful buddy will recovers soon with good mood holding your cheque, I'm hoping he just continueing keeping it for happy mood and pray he'll not to go to the Bank, if not he'll suffer bad to worst relaps [sweatdrop][bigcry]

Hi, Bro,

I Paid XM2 at JB tyre shop, the price is RM200/S$82/pcs included wheel balancing & alignment for 4 wheels, calculated pricing in comparing with Sg.quotations and gained total S$110 savings.

I'm a small man, with small car, running small tyres (185x65R14). You may make a call to check for Michelin tyre size quotations enquiry, the JB Tyre shop contact are as follows;

Dong Huat Sdn.Bhd. 东发有限公司.

No.18, Jalan Banang Tiga.

Taman Johor, 81200 JB.

Tel: 07 2355881

Just chk with a few jb tyre shop on xm2 pricing

Rm280 per tyre 215/60/15

Is it exp than sg?

Or is there any shop in sg that sells cheaper than abt 120sgd

i'm currently using yoko DNA db which left abt 20%.

looking for comparable silent tyre and narrow down to mich XM2

anyone tried both before? need more feedback before i decide

Neutral Newbie

Need to change my tires... narrowed down to Michelin XM2 and Pirelli P7. Anyone can highlight the pros and cons of these two? thanks much.

just changed mine at JB 195/55/15 @ 275rm each (about 120sg) with wheel balancing and alignment, nitrogen gas.

compare to previous tyre Falken 912, XM2 is much more quiet and less rolling. Braking more efficient, more steady when cornering.

Need to change my tires... narrowed down to Michelin XM2 and Pirelli P7. Anyone can highlight the pros and cons of these two? thanks much.

If both are comparable in specs, you may wish to consider that P7 is weak in rim protection. Have not used XM2, so can't comment.

Regards,

Neutral Newbie

Hi Vincent, Kelpie, thanks for the feedback.. There are lots of good feedback abt XM2 in the internet.. But puzzled that there is nothing about the P7.

↡ Advertisement