Unhappy about experience at restaurant

Latka

The same happened to us few weeks ago in Fish & Co in IMM.

We got our food so much later than those people who arrived later than us.

When we approach the manager, he say he knows....wtf right ?

↡ Advertisement

its like that:

service no good will hv service related complain

service good will hv non service related complains

welcome to singapore

I think too free already. The complainer I am sure will have his/her own service lapses in their course of work too.

LIKE THIS ALSO PUBLISH ON NATIONAL PAPER...wtF?

life is more than complaining about late food delivery to ur table!

think must charge singaporeans for making complaints..

to make a complaint, you need to pay $5 first.. this $5 will provide a meal for an unfortunate kid who cant afford a simple meal

Turn complain into feedback. Please let the restaurant management know how you feel and stop buying their food and services if it is unacceptable quality.

Once there and there were fingerprints on the ice cream when served and they can still say "it's like that one". WTF ? Even hawker knows how to wear plastic bag gloves.

Just last Sat got similar experience at one of the restaurant at Vivo... Think they missed out one of the orders. All our food arrived except my mum's set, it took quite a while for her set to be served, we're already 3/4 through our food.

They should take away service charge & cultivate a tipping culture. The service staff will be more willing to go an extra mile for their tips... Service I had in places like US & even places like Indonesia is top notch. Willingly tipped them at least 15%!!

In the USA if the service is really top notch, for example in a good restaurant you get lots of attention and extras like butter, bread, waiter always topping up water, occasional bonus helpings from the chef, etc then please tip 20% lah. If in a big group of 8 or more people, 20% tip should be standard and 30% if servers really provide excellent service because a big group needs more people to serve and they have to share the tips.

For a normal cafe or diner in USA, 15% will do although sometimes i give above 20%.

And because I am Asian, if I encounter Asian wait staff I always tip 20% or more regardless of service.

They have already cultivated "no tipping" since the beginning, Singaporeans are conditioned not to pay any more than what is stated on the bill. Old Lee believed that Sinkies perform best under state laws so he imposed the mandatory 10% service charge on bills.

And because Singaporeans are naturally very kiasu and ngiao, without a mandatory 10% slapped on the bill, do you really think they will follow the 10%, 15%, 20% rules for tips? I bet you many b------d chow kar sinkiporean mudderfockers will tip $1 or throw a few coins on the table and consider it a tip.

IMHO, its more to do with the culture than the tipping. In Japan, there is no tipping culture but the service is definitely better than SG even in 500Y soba stall. Their rent is higher, their labor costs are higher but their service is still better. Also, customers need to start to reject poor service instead of pampering these poor ethics businessmen.

In the U.S., if you don't like the food you would just walk away and this is perfectly acceptable. Don't think it works the same here. They serve you sh*t, they will still insist you pay (in most cases).

They have already cultivated "no tipping" since the beginning, Singaporeans are conditioned not to pay any more than what is stated on the bill. Old Lee believed that Sinkies perform best under state laws so he imposed the mandatory 10% service charge on bills.

And because Singaporeans are naturally very kiasu and ngiao, without a mandatory 10% slapped on the bill, do you really think they will follow the 10%, 15%, 20% rules for tips? I bet you many b------d chow kar sinkiporean mudderfockers will tip $1 or throw a few coins on the table and consider it a tip.

ST Forum

Jun 28, 2011

Jack's Place addresses diner's unhappy experience

WE THANK Ms Stacey Ng for her feedback last Thursday ('Unhappy about experience at restaurant'). I have since written the following e-mail to her and she has responded accordingly.

'Sorry for the late reply. I reply personally to all feedback but was outstation from June 10 to last Tuesday. Once feedback is received, our operations team would have looked into the matter and reported back to me. I have read the report, and am sorry and apologise that my team has failed to satisfy your dining needs.

From what I understand, our staff did make mistakes, but it was not about forgetting to key in your orders because our terminal is linked to the kitchen printer. Sometimes, during peak periods, we have a rash of orders and time is required to cook the meals accordingly. Our standard operating procedure is that 15 minutes after the soup is cleared and if the order is still not ready due to the peak period, our wait staff has to inform the guest. They might have forgotten to offer you more garlic bread or a small complimentary dish. We are sorry.

As for the presentation of the bill before you finished your meal, it was the mistake of the cashier as we close at 10pm and she was in a hurry to close the till. She has been reprimanded for her mistake. There is no denying that training and educating people is the hardest job. I hope you can allow us to learn from our mistake.

I do not know what is your objective in writing to us. If it is to let us know how well or badly we have fared, we greatly appreciate it. But if you think we had ruined your evening by the poor service, then tell us how we can compensate you. Our main objective is to strive to provide consistently superior service and quality food to every customer, therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrences.'

Anthony Say

Deputy Managing Director

JP Pepperdine Group

I like the last paragraph, asking her if she wants a free meal.

I thought the letter was well written and i thought the apology was sincere until the last part...

I like the last paragraph, asking her if she wants a free meal.

the last part hits it in the face, and reeks of sarcasm....good writing skills!

ST Forum

Jun 28, 2011

Jack's Place addresses diner's unhappy experience

WE THANK Ms Stacey Ng for her feedback last Thursday ('Unhappy about experience at restaurant'). I have since written the following e-mail to her and she has responded accordingly.

'Sorry for the late reply. I reply personally to all feedback but was outstation from June 10 to last Tuesday. Once feedback is received, our operations team would have looked into the matter and reported back to me. I have read the report, and am sorry and apologise that my team has failed to satisfy your dining needs.

From what I understand, our staff did make mistakes, but it was not about forgetting to key in your orders because our terminal is linked to the kitchen printer. Sometimes, during peak periods, we have a rash of orders and time is required to cook the meals accordingly. Our standard operating procedure is that 15 minutes after the soup is cleared and if the order is still not ready due to the peak period, our wait staff has to inform the guest. They might have forgotten to offer you more garlic bread or a small complimentary dish. We are sorry.

As for the presentation of the bill before you finished your meal, it was the mistake of the cashier as we close at 10pm and she was in a hurry to close the till. She has been reprimanded for her mistake. There is no denying that training and educating people is the hardest job. I hope you can allow us to learn from our mistake.

I do not know what is your objective in writing to us. If it is to let us know how well or badly we have fared, we greatly appreciate it. But if you think we had ruined your evening by the poor service, then tell us how we can compensate you. Our main objective is to strive to provide consistently superior service and quality food to every customer, therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrences.'

Anthony Say

Deputy Managing Director

JP Pepperdine Group

win liao [laugh]

the last part hits it in the face, and reeks of sarcasm....good writing skills!

Indeed. Though this letter should never have appeared in ST in the first place.

I thought the letter was well written and i thought the apology was sincere until the last part...

But sincere wat. Asking directly if its to help them improve service, highlight lapse in service. Stacey's letter oso didn't state her objective clearly.

↡ Advertisement