Unhappy about experience at restaurant

Latka

Neutral Newbie

The manager should have offered a compensation in the letter, instead of saying 'then tell us how we can compensate you'

He admitted the mistake and apologized for it, so he should have offered compensation.

Enclosing a 10% dining voucher with the letter would have been decent.

↡ Advertisement

The manager should have offered a compensation in the letter, instead of saying 'then tell us how we can compensate you'

He admitted the mistake and apologized for it, so he should have offered compensation.

I think it is apt that he asked 'what you want for compensation', cos the hungry ghost, may not accept token and want more? From Stacey's letter, she seemed like a bloody greedy thing

After reading this sort of sarcastic reply, I would wait long long before asking for compensation in the form of free food. Plenty of things go on in kitchens that diners know nothing about. [sly]

the last part hits it in the face, and reeks of sarcasm....good writing skills!

a great writing skill indeed, apologies sincerely, admit mistake, action taken and offer what the customer wanted in the end!

i often do the same and i had customers apologies back to me :D :D

there are different ways of communication, if the customer do it privately, i believe the restaurant will also do some 'extra' privately :D

After reading this sort of sarcastic reply, I would wait long long before asking for compensation in the form of free food. Plenty of things go on in kitchens that diners know nothing about. [sly]

[laugh][laugh][laugh] yah lor...my sentiments exactly...wanna complain do it AFTER the food, throw ruckus, but never go back

a great writing skill indeed, apologies sincerely, admit mistake, action taken and offer what the customer wanted in the end!

i often do the same and i had customers apologies back to me :D:D

y you so lucky wan??? i never even get chance to write letter leh?? and customer also NEVER complain about me, nor write to me [laugh][laugh][laugh]

y you so lucky wan??? i never even get chance to write letter leh?? and customer also NEVER complain about me, nor write to me [laugh][laugh][laugh]

That's because you never provided them a hotline to call. 1800-SEANCE

Alas, this reply was a little early. Should have seen last night Ch8 8pm Aprentice Chef. When you make a mistake, admit it unreservedly and move on to do damage control. No need to explain, it will ony make the matter worse - or to cover own's mistake as Chef Eric deems.

The last part indeed undo all the apologies make in the earlier paragraph. If you are sincere in damage control, do it wholeheartedly. No need to question the other party's intention.

Turbocharged

WTF! This letter is indeed insulting.

Like a Gangster or Ah Beng style, something like "WTF Do you want""

Turbocharged

But you never get repeat customer <_<

Neutral Newbie

Same case in Pizza Hut.. Others who came later were already served & we were still waiting.. Staff dont bother to update!! Hopeless!!!

Neutral Newbie

at coffee bean orchard road last weekend

as i was paying one staff was carrying a tray of clean cutlery from the kitchen area. he dropped some of the knives on the floor and he quickly picked them up put them back on the tray and then proceeded to put the "clean" cutlery with the rest for customers use.

i saw it, i noted that the girl serving me saw it. she said nothing carried on serving me. so after i paid i told her that kind of behavior was unacceptable and without even looking around at the guy behind her she said she was sorry and would correct him - which i saw her do.

i mean isnt that like day one lesson one of working in the restaurant business?

and for all the hatters out there he was not PRC or an FT . He was a Singaporean uncle.

Same case in Pizza Hut.. Others who came later were already served & we were still waiting.. Staff dont bother to update!! Hopeless!!!

agree that this chain is a bit jialat, most of the outlets can hardly cope [shakehead]

agree that this chain is a bit jialat, most of the outlets can hardly cope [shakehead]

I find that at pizza hut..when the crowds come in, the staff will continue to work at the same pace like as if the restaurant is empty..no sense of urgency..

think singaporean (including myself) got this problem...

when not happy, love to complain...

when see good service... say its expected...

we should learn to write compliments for good service....

so that bosses can reward their staff with compliments....

those who dun receive compliments means something is wrong lor

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I think it is apt that he asked 'what you want for compensation', cos the hungry ghost, may not accept token and want more? From Stacey's letter, she seemed like a bloody greedy thing

Exactly why a 10% discount would have been right. The customer was greedy and doesn't deserve a free meal

↡ Advertisement