Favourite Japanese Songs from 1980-90s

Acieed

My favorite is still Momoe Yamaguchi.

Young but mature singer who could bring out the emotions of the song better than any other. Mostly relying on her voice instead of costumes, lighting and showmanship, she shot to stardom in her teens and retired by 21 after marriage to heartthrob actor who was 10 yrs older than her.

Was popular in the 80s in singapore as the lead actress in a TV serial where she played a leukemia stricken girl with her co-lead who became her real life husband.

She is the original Japanese singer/actress international idol.

Another Momoe-chan favorite:

さよならの向う側

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbo2aQd-dAM

.. and in my very vague memories, one of Momoe-chan's TV series with her hubby, screened on SBC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spbIfYTMPj4

My favorite is still Momoe Yamaguchi.

Young but mature singer who could bring out the emotions of the song better than any other. Mostly relying on her voice instead of costumes, lighting and showmanship, she shot to stardom in her teens and retired by 21 after marriage to heartthrob actor who was 10 yrs older than her.

Was popular in the 80s in singapore as the lead actress in a TV serial where she played a leukemia stricken girl with her co-lead who became her real life husband.

She is the original Japanese singer/actress international idol.

the most "in" boy band during that time.,...even watching the video now...you find they are not really that outdated in dressing and hair style by today standard (may be my time stopped then..never move forward).......miss those days man!......perhap...i should said...miss those day when i'm still young... :D

Haha..."In" by today standard meh? [laugh]

I also old liao but thought no pop group would wear like that these days.

Regards,

My favourite Jap song and group,KIRORO.

I think a chinese singer sang it.But listen to this original from japan.Recommended by my ex japanese girlfren [bigcry]

Hey Yeah! Kiroro...was introduced to this music by some friends of mine during the time anime was on the rise! Been lovin' it ever since!

Me, I likes Yutaka Ozaki ... 80s rocker with style and substance!

How come no one listen X Japan?

X japan

Of course got listen to X Japan!! Big fan for a grand moment in my life :wub:

I woefully regret that I never got to see them live ... RIP Hide [smallcry]

And another of my fave Yutaka Ozaki songs..."Sherry":

hey guys i've been looking for a jap song since I first heard it like, 7yrs old?

the chorus went something like "hokkaido, hokkaido, hokkaido fox"

any idea?

(edited)

hey guys i've been looking for a jap song since I first heard it like, 7yrs old?

any idea?

thats not a japanese song.......hahaha

just like your nick is yattokame, very japanese sounding but i bet you're no japanese....right? hahaha

Edited by Throttle2

I am trying to find those folk songs like those they play during the summer festival, where the people will dance and move around a small stage. I remembered those days when I was in the factory in Nishisanso.

(edited)

any idea?

That stupid song is by one of the our local guy.."叶正文"...

Edited by LoverofCar