Runners check in!

Davidklt

Run..errm maybe should be termed jog..since slower pace.

Jog on threadmill 4x a week. 2.4km each time..dun ask me timing..i very embarassed to say..

Oso to keep fit/ lose wtg..

↡ Advertisement

Woot!! reporting in too..

I try to run at least 3 times per week. Mixing in different terrains and enviroments to prevent boredom. typically Mondays on road, Wednesdays on track or Gym, Fridays Road and weekends a visit to Macritichie. On rest days will do tabata intervals

Last running event was sundown 2011 which i swear to boycott next year if it is to be held at the same place. Traffic was horrible!

Signed up for 21km for this year's SCSM!

Google Chi runing, Evolution running, POSE running videos or even barefoot running. Basically avoid heel strike at all. Land on the ball of your foot. Do not lock your knee, instead flex your knee when you land so your calf and thigh muscle takes up some of the shock

try the Newton running shoes! helped me a lot. I suffered from chronic ITB too but a change in the ruuning postur and shoes made a big difference

try the Newton running shoes! helped me a lot. I suffered from chronic ITB too but a change in the ruuning postur and shoes made a big difference

Does Newton have any for long distance running?

My friend bought one that is good for 21km....n he took quite awhile to get use to it...do u have any problems adjusting to the shoes?

Does Newton have any for long distance running?

My friend bought one that is good for 21km....n he took quite awhile to get use to it...do u have any problems adjusting to the shoes?

I am on my 2nd pair of issac guidance. it was good for distances up to 21km. Had some difficulty in the transition period. The calves and sole hurts like hell.. having said that, on the shoes i can run faster and more efficent. don't feel tired so fast.....

I am on my 2nd pair of issac guidance. it was good for distances up to 21km. Had some difficulty in the transition period. The calves and sole hurts like hell.. having said that, on the shoes i can run faster and more efficent. don't feel tired so fast.....

Ya..thatz the prob he faced initially...couldnt clock more than 8km....took him quite awhile to get use to it..

anything that is good for 42km?

Turbocharged

I already feel guilty about it so don't scold me. But really - if I come home and go jogging, it would take a lot of time away from family. I wouldn't be able to help my kids with the homework or anything like that.

There's one guy over here that goes running with his son - could you do that?

Supersonic

Cant believe so many of you so fit, most of you guys run long distance running and regularyly! I try to run once a week, for 7km. [blush]

Run..errm maybe should be termed jog..since slower pace.

Jog on threadmill 4x a week. 2.4km each time..dun ask me timing..i very embarassed to say..

Oso to keep fit/ lose wtg..

sardin I think our speed about the same, haha [laugh]

but prefer to run slower to cover more distance, nowadays old liao, cannot run too fast :D

Ya..thatz the prob he faced initially...couldnt clock more than 8km....took him quite awhile to get use to it..

anything that is good for 42km?

After my 1st pair of Newton worn out (about 200km), i have give up on Newton.

Now, i found better shoe, Saucony Kinvara. Suppose to be Minimalist shoe. Did Passion Run 25km in it & no problem at all. Downside is it last only 200+km only.

Wow.. most of u guys are great to have 3-4 runs per week [thumbsup]

So far I'm limited to just 1 weekend run [smallcry] as by the time i reached home fr work... is late, tired & hungry... excuses??

Typically hit 6-7km for that single run... longest race is the 1/2 marathon in last yr Standchart... will be doing the same 1/2 marathon again this year... no guts for the full one yet.

Btw, i'm using the Garmin watch with heart rate monitor... non GPS version, so also need to use the foot-pod to measure distance/speed.

Hypersonic

There's one guy over here that goes running with his son - could you do that?

I'm try to sign up for races for my son, hopefully he can also find interest in running.

Feel that time can be found.. I do my running late after 9pm after settle all the family stuff.

Hypersonic

After my 1st pair of Newton worn out (about 200km), i have give up on Newton.

Now, i found better shoe, Saucony Kinvara. Suppose to be Minimalist shoe. Did Passion Run 25km in it & no problem at all. Downside is it last only 200+km only.

I'm also using minimalist shoe for my 10km run.. But anything 21km and above I use my Mizuno wave rider..

Hypersonic

Wow.. most of u guys are great to have 3-4 runs per week [thumbsup]

So far I'm limited to just 1 weekend run [smallcry] as by the time i reached home fr work... is late, tired & hungry... excuses??

Typically hit 6-7km for that single run... longest race is the 1/2 marathon in last yr Standchart... will be doing the same 1/2 marathon again this year... no guts for the full one yet.

Btw, i'm using the Garmin watch with heart rate monitor... non GPS version, so also need to use the foot-pod to measure distance/speed.

Also didn't expect to see so many runners here. Next year we should form a MCF team for the Stand Chart Ekiden race :D

I'm also using minimalist shoe for my 10km run.. But anything 21km and above I use my Mizuno wave rider..

I took a bet on that pair of shoe as my longest run in it is 16km.

Anyone here uses the Polar watches? Do these measure heartbeat without the use of chest strap? Any recommendations?

Been using Polar since 1995. The chest strap is the transmitter and it's ECG accurate.

I use Mizuno wave for 10km, short distance i use SAF New balance [cool]

Hi Ender,

which minimalist shoe did you use? Vibrams? The KSO and the Bikilas are different altogether. I can run 21K on the Bikilas and it is better then the KSOs. Get blisters occasionally on the KSOs when hitting more than 15km LDSR.

↡ Advertisement