Lornie Road

Puteh83

Yes bingo...

LTA is just passing the bottleneck around as I encountered this morning. No use at all :D

The jam has ended up on the Upper Thomson side, because they changed 2 lanes to 1 merging lane in order to accomodate your side.

↡ Advertisement

The jam has ended up on the Upper Thomson side, because they changed 2 lanes to 1 merging lane in order to accomodate your side.

Like that the lornie Road have to be 5 lanes instead of 4 lanes all the way to pie exit already.

I noticed this too when i travelled this route yesterday. It was always three lanes and now became 2 only. What were they thinking!!!

This is a LPPL situation la :D

At the beginning, way before Lornie Highway was built, everything was well over at Braddell flyover. Heavy but still flowing smoothly unless there was an accident further up on Lornie Rd itself.

Then after Lornie Highway was built, things went haywire. Because Lornie Highway is not as long as Lornie Rd to hold more traffic, the bottleneck at Braddell got worse with its 2 lanes -> 1 lane merging into MacRitchie Viaduct.

So now, LTA put on its not-so-bright thinking cap and turned MacRitchie viaduct from Upp Thomson into a 3 lane -> 2 lanes whereas Braddell side is expanded into 2 lanes -> 2 lanes merging into MacRitchie Viaduct.

What was once a group of people cursing LTA (Braddell side) has now turned into two groups of people cursing LTA (Braddell and Upp Thomson). I belong to both groups because I use both sides alternately.

And not forgetting to mention, the uneven road on lane 1 that joins Lornie highway to Adam Rd before PIE exit is still not sorted out, causing cars to slow down just before that big hump.

So at this stage, I will still stand by my statement that Lornie Highway has not improved anything. Maybe the main motive is a big scheme to free up land for sale like MCE.

I noticed this too when i travelled this route yesterday. It was always three lanes and now became 2 only. What were they thinking!!!

• Praise 2

At the beginning, way before Lornie Highway was built, everything was well over at Braddell flyover. Heavy but still flowing smoothly unless there was an accident further up on Lornie Rd itself.

Then after Lornie Highway was built, things went haywire. Because Lornie Highway is not as long as Lornie Rd to hold more traffic, the bottleneck at Braddell got worse with its 2 lanes -> 1 lane merging into MacRitchie Viaduct.

So now, LTA put on its not-so-bright thinking cap and turned MacRitchie viaduct from Upp Thomson into a 3 lane -> 2 lanes whereas Braddell side is expanded into 2 lanes -> 2 lanes merging into MacRitchie Viaduct.

What was once a group of people cursing LTA (Braddell side) has now turned into two groups of people cursing LTA (Braddell and Upp Thomson). I belong to both groups because I use both sides alternately.

And not forgetting to mention, the uneven road on lane 1 that joins Lornie highway to Adam Rd before PIE exit is still not sorted out, causing cars to slow down just before that big hump.

So at this stage, I will still stand by my statement that Lornie Highway has not improved anything. Maybe the main motive is a big scheme to free up land for sale like MCE.

Another case of spend money build highway, end up make the situation worse. Used to be heavy traffic but smooth moving, now become start stop and jam all the way back.

Exactly... :D

Another case of spend money build highway, end up make the situation worse. Used to be heavy traffic but smooth moving, now become start stop and jam all the way back.

Supercharged

If I'm not wrong, should be exhaust outlet for the tunnel.

But no tunnel underneath. North-South Expressway runs along Marymount Rd > Thomson Rd ....

Maybe new toilet for extended MacRitchie Park when north-bound Lornie Highway opens. 

Plan could be to slow down traffic, conduct site survey, find that traffic is slower than before, justify new ERP gantry. 

Edited by Kklim

There is an underpass aka short tunnel that links Thomson to the old Lornie road. And also, from old Lornie road to Adam Road.

But no tunnel underneath. North-South Expressway runs along Marymount Rd > Thomson Rd ....

Maybe new toilet for extended MacRitchie Park when north-bound Lornie Highway opens. 

Plan could be to slow down traffic, conduct site survey, find that traffic is slower than before, justify new ERP gantry. 

Edited by Beehive3783
  • Praise 1

Come on guys .... our super elite need to earn monry you know . So must solve 1 problem and create another... like that then wu lai wu kee.

• Praise 3

it's a sure win solution .... it's unbreakable, unstoppable and no service breakdown 24x7x365 ... [laugh]

hokay ... time for LTA universal solution ...

If don't create problems, how to justify to introduce ERP there?

Million dollar clowns create nothing but more troubles.

Infrastructures becoming worse than before.

Come on guys .... our super elite need to earn monry you know . So must solve 1 problem and create another... like that then wu lai wu kee.

• Praise 1

In this case many roads also can erect ERP liao, you see which road dont have super heavy traffic and jam during the peak?

Cck cemetery... only @radx is there
  • Praise 4

Supercharged

In this case many roads also can erect ERP liao, you see which road dont have super heavy traffic and jam during the peak?

y u think they implementing GPS ERP that can charge u on any public road?