Lornie Road

Puteh83

They took one lane from there and put it at the side for traffic coming in from Braddell side.

Yah. No real reason to have the leftmost one merge into adjacent lane. Not as if LTA put something there.

↡ Advertisement

But the thing is did LTA manage to solve the problem once and for all, without having to create another problem?

IMHO.

You actually have the answer if you think along the line of shared bicycles, PMDs and MRTs.

That said,  I always like to believe that everyone will do their utmost - I think that there is a saying something like to err is human. 

typical of LTA. full of excuses...

i still say it is the most incompetent stat board in singapore period. MRT, Buses, COE, GNSS ERP, cat A 130hp, MCE, Lornie etc.. all screw ups.

i guess one of the reason its cause many ex military running it.

Edited by Mkl22

i still say it is the most incompetent stat board in singapore period. MRT, Buses, COE, GNSS ERP, cat A 130hp, MCE, Lornie etc.. all screw ups.

The root of the problems comes from the very top.

LTA themselves dont think they are incompetent, they always assume that their method of running all the public transport, roads coe etc here are world class. Probably it is us who are fussy and expecting too much from LTA la.  [rolleyes]   

LTA themselves dont think they are incompetent, they always assume that their method of running all the public transport, roads coe etc here are world class. Probably it is us who are fussy and expecting too much from LTA la.  [rolleyes]   

Ya, should kick them out one by one so that they will not become complacent. 

Afterall LTA would never at their fault on all the heavy and jam traffic on our roads, like what you have said, there is no overnight solution. As LTA always like to say, many of our roads have reached the maximum capacity and due to the limited constraint on the surrounding, there is nothing much that they could do about it, and heavy traffic and jam would continue to happen without any solution.

Traffic congestion - too many cars - implement ERP - reduce COE quota - COE rises - people complain - release more COE - traffic congestion - too many cars - implement ERP - reduce COE quota - COE rises - people complain - release more COE - traffic congestion - too many cars - implement ERP - reduce COE quota - COE rises - people complain - release more COE - traffic congestion - too many cars - implement ERP - reduce COE quota - COE rises - people complain - release more COE - traffic congestion - too many cars - implement ERP - reduce COE quota - COE rises - people complain - release more COE - traffic congestion - too many cars - implement ERP - reduce COE quota - COE rises - people complain - release more COE - traffic congestion - too many cars - implement ERP - reduce COE quota - COE rises - people complain - release more COE - traffic congestion - too many cars - implement ERP - reduce COE quota - COE rises - people complain - release more COE - traffic congestion - too many cars - implement ERP - reduce COE quota - COE rises - people complain - release more COE.

Can you think of a solution? 

Traffic congestion - too many cars - implement ERP - reduce COE quota - COE rises - people complain - release more COE - traffic congestion - too many cars - implement ERP - reduce COE quota - COE rises - people complain - release more COE - traffic congestion - too many cars - implement ERP - reduce COE quota - COE rises - people complain - release more COE - traffic congestion - too many cars - implement ERP - reduce COE quota - COE rises - people complain - release more COE - traffic congestion - too many cars - implement ERP - reduce COE quota - COE rises - people complain - release more COE - traffic congestion - too many cars - implement ERP - reduce COE quota - COE rises - people complain - release more COE - traffic congestion - too many cars - implement ERP - reduce COE quota - COE rises - people complain - release more COE - traffic congestion - too many cars - implement ERP - reduce COE quota - COE rises - people complain - release more COE - traffic congestion - too many cars - implement ERP - reduce COE quota - COE rises - people complain - release more COE.

Can you think of a solution? 

Same goes for public transport.

Frequencies no good - people complain - increase frequencies - increase fares - people complain - gives reasons to justify fare increase and praise themselves for the better services - becomes complacent and record profits - frequencies no good- people complain - increase frequencies - increase fares - people complain - gives reasons to justify fare increase and praise themselves for the better services - becomes complacent and record profits - frequencies no good - people complain - increase frequencies - increase fares - people complain - gives reasons to justify fare increase and praise themselves for the better services - becomes complacent and record profits - frequencies no good...

Solution: Stop overpopulating this small country 

• Praise 1

Same goes for public transport.

Frequencies no good - people complain - increase frequencies - increase fares - people complain - gives reasons to justify fare increase and praise themselves for the better services - becomes complacent and record profits - frequencies no good- people complain - increase frequencies - increase fares - people complain - gives reasons to justify fare increase and praise themselves for the better services - becomes complacent and record profits - frequencies no good - people complain - increase frequencies - increase fares - people complain - gives reasons to justify fare increase and praise themselves for the better services - becomes complacent and record profits - frequencies no good...

Solution: Stop overpopulating this small country

Please check fare formula and fare review chronicles.

I saw that article. It shows Dennis Tan didn’t do enough homework.

Under bus contracting model, service quality is part of operator KPI. Maybe have to tweak for MRT.

Within fare formula, there is Productivity Extraction Factor that takes into account of “productivity”.

So????

I saw that article. It shows Dennis Tan didnât do enough homework.

Under bus contracting model, service quality is part of operator KPI. Maybe have to tweak for MRT.

Within fare formula, there is Productivity Extraction Factor that takes into account of âproductivityâ.

So????

Does productivity equates to quality?

I have keep track of some bus services I frequently used. When GCM first started, frequencies were good. But it got worse since late last year. What used to be a 10 mins wait can now go as long as 15 mins. Wrote to them about the frequency detoriation but no response from them since they don’t reply already. Not much improvements other than a few days after writing to them.

These formulas show only what they think they have done but don’t know what really has been improved.

I have keep track of some bus services I frequently used. When GCM first started, frequencies were good. But it got worse since late last year. What used to be a 10 mins wait can now go as long as 15 mins. Wrote to them about the frequency detoriation but no response from them since they don’t reply already. Not much improvements other than a few days after writing to them.

These formulas show only what they think they have done but don’t know what really has been improved.

How do you want PTC tweak fare formula? To reflect “to reflect what really has been improved”.

Not forgetting that you will make the formula more complex and hard to understand by peasants.

Thought under the BCM bus intervals have improved on bus service? How come got worse le? bus wait of 10 mins can now become 15 mins wait, high chance due to traffic condition on the road which they cannot control, they always love to use this reason to justify the inconsistent and long wait of buses.

Thought under the BCM bus intervals have improved on bus service? How come got worse le? bus wait of 10 mins can now become 15 mins wait, high chance due to traffic condition on the road which they cannot control, they always love to use this reason to justify the inconsistent and long wait of buses.

I always use "bus arrival time" within MyTransportSG app.

Traffic condition is always the culprit.  This is observable from using the app.

Because directly using bus frequency, operators all buay tahan the cost and number of buses required. So need to discuss alternative factors that allow them leeway yet look like performance very good...

Because directly using bus frequency, operators all buay tahan the cost and number of buses required. So need to discuss alternative factors that allow them leeway yet look like performance very good...

Under bus contracting model, bus belongs to LTA.

Operator run bus service based on contracted frequency and interval. Operator is being paid a flat fee based on the contracted KPI.

LTA assumes Revenue risk.

↡ Advertisement