Lornie Road

Puteh83

The new Lornie Highway (southbound only) is straight and wide.

Cars were going a bit slow today when I travel. Maybe it's new.

But soon they will be speeding and soon TP camera will be there.

Should be interesting tomorrow Monday morning, to see how much the traffic has improved for those coming from Braddell Rd.

Any improvement with this new highway on today peak hours?

↡ Advertisement

No. Jammed like f**k all the way to Braddell SPH.

Everyone slowed down before the new stretch of Lornie Highway.

And the fact that 10 people were standing on the overhead bridge worsened the situation.

I hope this is only interim issue of road familiarization problem.

Will see how it goes for the rest of the week.

Any improvement with this new highway on today peak hours?

No. Jammed like f**k all the way to Braddell SPH.

Everyone slowed down before the new stretch of Lornie Highway.

And the fact that 10 people were standing on the overhead bridge worsened the situation.

I hope this is only interim issue of road familiarization problem.

Will see how it goes for the rest of the week.

10 people standing on the overhead bridge? If no improvement, looks like another white elephant built by LTA?!

I use the other direction towards SPH. The old route is clear with little or no cars at all during the morning peak hour. Might as well use the old route. It's still open for use.

Now only phase 1 right.. if the rest of phases doesn't solve the congestion.. we know who's the problem.

Of course, it is so obvious! 

It is the driver that caused that congestion / jam.  [laugh]

Just like it is the rain that caused the flood or ponding  :pissed-off:

• Praise 5

I use the other direction towards SPH. The old route is clear with little or no cars at all during the morning peak hour. Might as well use the old route. It's still open for use.

Will they close the old road eventually?

Ya, at least 10 from my quick count. I'm guessing mostly from contractor and LTA.

My take is, this Lornie highway will not improve traffic much. Same number of lanes, just very much straighter. I don't see how much quicker my journey will be compared to the old Lornie.

10 people standing on the overhead bridge? If no improvement, looks like another white elephant built by LTA?!

Ya, at least 10 from my quick count. I'm guessing mostly from contractor and LTA.

My take is, this Lornie highway will not improve traffic much. Same number of lanes, just very much straighter. I don't see how much quicker my journey will be compared to the old Lornie.

Maybe those 10 people are observing the traffic situation? If they concurrently running the new Lornie highway and the old Lornie, maybe traffic will improve since people can take alternative route. But if they going to close the old road, then this new highway might not improve and benefits car users. 

I did see a car try to take the old Lornie but was waved away by AETOS. Damn funny la this morning I tell you. :D

Maybe those 10 people are observing the traffic situation? If they concurrently running the new Lornie highway and the old Lornie, maybe traffic will improve since people can take alternative route. But if they going to close the old road, then this new highway might not improve and benefits car users. 

Will they close the old road eventually?

When I looked at the map, it appears the old Lornie Rd Southbound is there to serve accessibility to a few houses.

So until they are removed, the old road will still be there.

But don't go travelling on the old road, bcuz it will join back to the new highway.

I saw quite a few making the loop yesterday, I think they were not familiar with the new highway.

Sibei jialat today morning. Worse jam than normal, and it's almost holidays already. Can only hope it improves. The traffic junction connecting to old lornie road is very stupid. How can you put a traffic light on a highway??

Sibei jialat today morning. Worse jam than normal, and it's almost holidays already. Can only hope it improves. The traffic junction connecting to old lornie road is very stupid. How can you put a traffic light on a highway??

I believe the traffic light is temporary.

When I looked at the map, it appears the old Lornie Rd Southbound is there to serve accessibility to a few houses.

So until they are removed, the old road will still be there.

But don't go travelling on the old road, bcuz it will join back to the new highway.

I saw quite a few making the loop yesterday, I think they were not familiar with the new highway.

So even the old road still there also no more use liao?! Thought they are using the two roads concurrently so that the traffic there would improve.

BRILLIANT job! I'm sure the scholars will be damn proud of what they did...

So they just simply divert the problem from old road to new road without solving the problem.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1