Lornie Road

Puteh83

how to tell stupid people that they are stupid...

gave them feedback on the useless bus lane outside Esso petrol station just after Newton POSB building. they gave the standard reply blah blah that they investigated and it shall remain as it cause they are right and who are we to question them.

1-2years down the road i now see that they are doing something to the bus stop and have removed the bus lane.

well that's stupidity for you.

At least they finally realise their stupidity and do something beneficial. Some situation is that they dont know that they are stupid and remain as it is for decades.   

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Firstly feedback to them no use de, even if you tell them the people in LTA are stupid. Dont think they would do anything about it de. Those scholars, engineers and planners in LTA who do all those decision making on our roads and public transport always think that they are right no matter the decision that they have made beneficial or not to the public.

I don't think you can call LTA stupid.

They just do their job. They don't have to care what the public thinks, what you think.

Bcuz they don't answer to you. They still get their paycheck.

• Praise 1

They are still building the Lornie Highway for northbound.

Eventually, Lornie Rd will be secondary, maybe tear down, who knows ?

The old Lornie Rd will remain.

Stated in some articles back then they start building this highway.

It's for future developments.

Traveled there this morning 9.30am, saw a long Q building up from SPH ......, quickly siam and diverted. Maybe the hidden agenda is to clear Bukit Brown for residential developments ....... 6.9 mil population

• Praise 4

Traveled there this morning 9.30am, saw a long Q building up from SPH ......, quickly siam and diverted. Maybe the hidden agenda is to clear Bukit Brown for residential developments ....... 6.9 mil population ð¤¨

6.9m only? Isn’t it 10M? Else build so many mrt lines for who to ride?

Traveled there this morning 9.30am, saw a long Q building up from SPH ......, quickly siam and diverted. Maybe the hidden agenda is to clear Bukit Brown for residential developments ....... 6.9 mil population

• Praise 4

Those KUKU Lta are not solving the problem ...... or worst , they thought they are solving the problem  :XD:

Or even worst , many  thought they are actually solving th problem .........  [crazy]

Believe it or not, in the event kuku don't solve the problem with their new junctions/highways/flyovers, and have to rework with another expensive rectification, GDP actually increases!

GDP increases, ministars and silver service bonus goes UP UP UP!

Just some food for thought.

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 3

Believe it or not, in the event kuku don't solve the problem with their new junctions/highways/flyovers, and have to rework with another expensive rectification, GDP actually increases!

GDP increases, ministars and silver service bonus goes UP UP UP!

Just some food for thought.

I dont wan those food ......... its toxic  :XD:

• Praise 5

I took this route to work for 7 years in the past.. peak hour usually starts from 8am till 930..  So usually I go to work before 8 or after 930..

• Praise 1

Supercharged

vEgFpor.png

BRILLIANT job! I'm sure the scholars will be damn proud of what they did...

The access road from old Lornie Rd to southbound Lornie Highway, as well as the traffic light, is a temporary arrangement. The unfinished road on right of pix will be part of the permanent underpass loop to direct traffic from southbound old Lornie Rd to southbound Lornie Highway.

Edited by Kklim
  • Praise 1

The access road from old Lornie Rd to southbound Lornie Highway, as well as the traffic light, is a temporary arrangement. The unfinished road on right of pix will be part of the permanent underpass loop to direct traffic from southbound old Lornie Rd to southbound Lornie Highway.

So they are still fine tuning the new highway la?!

I don't think you can call LTA stupid.

They just do their job. They don't have to care what the public thinks, what you think.

Bcuz they don't answer to you. They still get their paycheck.

If they have to care about what the common man in the street thinks, then no projects can ever be started and finished.
  • Praise 2

The access road from old Lornie Rd to southbound Lornie Highway, as well as the traffic light, is a temporary arrangement. The unfinished road on right of pix will be part of the permanent underpass loop to direct traffic from southbound old Lornie Rd to southbound Lornie Highway.

Not siding with any party, wait for the whole project to be completed b4 scolding, cursing and swearing lah. They might not be the best but at least they are trying. Yest morn i pass by opposite at 9:30am again, didnt see any jam and traffic is rather moving quite smoothly as compared to the 1st working day it opens which jammed like mad. Lets see how in future. Edited by Xers007

Not siding with any party, wait for the whole project to be completed b4 scolding, cursing and swearing lah. They might not be the best but at least they are trying. Yest morn i pass by opposite at 9:30am again, didnt see any jam and traffic is rather moving quite smoothly as compared to the 1st working day it opens which jammed like mad. Lets see how in future.

This remind me of the ecp to mce entrance and mce to ecp entrance. When the mce tunnel was first completed and opened, the 1st 2 weeks there the entrance and exit are jammed during peak hours. After about 2wks traffic stabilized and traffic is not that jammed as compared to 1st 2weeks of opening.

So ya, for lornie highway, traffic will stabilized once drivers get used to it. Kinda weird as by logic things should not be like this (like how can it be road is the same but when 1st opened for that 1st wk vs after 1st wk, traffic different) but it happened.

Just like accident vs road construction. When there is accident in let's say lane 1 vs road construction in lane 1. Almost 100% of the time the accident in lane 1 will cause road more jammed as compared to construction in lane 1 with the same expressway, same number of cars, same spot where accident/construction took place. Weird phenomenon. Maybe we all are human afterall, when road 1st opened, some drivers slowed down due to for whatever reasons like want to take a good look at new road, scared of in the wrong lane and etc, and that caused the chain effect behind if it is during peak hours. Same goes to accident, some drivers will slow down more as compared to road works. Maybe they are more cautions when approaching accident site, or they want to take a closer look at what caused the accident or they want to look at car plate no to buy 4d and etc.