Lornie Road

Puteh83

Must be those living in landed property in lornie area complaining about heavy peak traffic on the old lornie road lor.

So LTA built another new road away from their estates so now they have peace and quiet in the private estates again.

If everything same same, why they need to build this new road?

↡ Advertisement

I took Lornie Highway again for the second time this week, today just before noon.

The stretch of road just before PIE (Tuas) exit is extremely rough, I don't think that stretch of road is good enough to be going at 70kph.

Might be another reason for the congestion during peak hours.

I took Lornie Highway again for the second time this week, today just before noon.

The stretch of road just before PIE (Tuas) exit is extremely rough, I don't think that stretch of road is good enough to be going at 70kph.

Might be another reason for the congestion during peak hours.

That should be the old road. Can see from the colour of the asphalt.

Nope, the old road wasn't so rough. I take Lornie every day so I know.

This should be the stretch linking the new road to old road. Lousy patching.

That should be the old road. Can see from the colour of the asphalt.

Turbocharged

This remind me of the ecp to mce entrance and mce to ecp entrance. When the mce tunnel was first completed and opened, the 1st 2 weeks there the entrance and exit are jammed during peak hours. After about 2wks traffic stabilized and traffic is not that jammed as compared to 1st 2weeks of opening.

So ya, for lornie highway, traffic will stabilized once drivers get used to it. Kinda weird as by logic things should not be like this (like how can it be road is the same but when 1st opened for that 1st wk vs after 1st wk, traffic different) but it happened.

Just like accident vs road construction. When there is accident in let's say lane 1 vs road construction in lane 1. Almost 100% of the time the accident in lane 1 will cause road more jammed as compared to construction in lane 1 with the same expressway, same number of cars, same spot where accident/construction took place. Weird phenomenon. Maybe we all are human afterall, when road 1st opened, some drivers slowed down due to for whatever reasons like want to take a good look at new road, scared of in the wrong lane and etc, and that caused the chain effect behind if it is during peak hours. Same goes to accident, some drivers will slow down more as compared to road works. Maybe they are more cautions when approaching accident site, or they want to take a closer look at what caused the accident or they want to look at car plate no to buy 4d and etc.

I use that ecp entrance to the mce towards town almost every week day. The jam is still there, prob 70% of the 1st week opening.

The other direction in the evening also same.

It's a design issue. They underestimated the number of cars completely. But you think lta will confess? I think I have a higher chance of winning toto group 1 prize $8m single ticket winner in the next 10 years.

• Praise 2

Lta is not that perfect . But compare to their counterpart from Malaysia, we have to appreciate what lta has done

They have to be perfect. As what I heard from the kopitiam is that somebody ever said that "We have to pay the best to get the best results"

• Praise 1

I use that ecp entrance to the mce towards town almost every week day. The jam is still there, prob 70% of the 1st week opening.

The other direction in the evening also same.

It's a design issue. They underestimated the number of cars completely. But you think lta will confess? I think I have a higher chance of winning toto group 1 prize $8m single ticket winner in the next 10 years.

You see the way they build all the expressway you know liao. Most expressway only have 3 or 4 lanes, wonder how it would handle the number of cars? Example like the CTE, 3 lanes only, no wonder CTE always heavy traffic or jam during the peak. Anyway, there might be land constraint, thats why they cannot build a bigger roads? 

You see the way they build all the expressway you know liao. Most expressway only have 3 or 4 lanes, wonder how it would handle the number of cars? Example like the CTE, 3 lanes only, no wonder CTE always heavy traffic or jam during the peak. Anyway, there might be land constraint, thats why they cannot build a bigger roads? 

It has nothing to do with number of lanes.  Slow moving traffic is caused by:

1. Heavy vehicles not sticking to last 2 left lanes

2. Lousy drivers who can't drive as fast the legal speed permits

Maybe CTE should use raise speed limit to 100km/h.

• Praise 1

It has nothing to do with number of lanes.  Slow moving traffic is caused by:

1. Heavy vehicles not sticking to last 2 left lanes

2. Lousy drivers who can't drive as fast the legal speed permits

Maybe CTE should use raise speed limit to 100km/h.

Number of lanes do affect a bit la. You see the PIE before upsize and after upsize, esp at the PIE to BKE slip road, after they increase the number of lanes, not so much jam there liao.

Supercharged

The North-South Highway is supposed to address this but it's 8 years away.

Are you sure? It will have a totally dedicated bus lane, 24 hours not allowed to use. Edited by flashbang

Supercharged

They have to be perfect. As what I heard from the kopitiam is that somebody ever said that "We have to pay the best to get the best results"

only means we not paying enough to attract the best!

must increase their pay!

• Praise 2

Actually I feel there is no need for ns expressway already. Cte traffic actually improved as compared to few years ago. Also with government now limit to no new coe quota will be added, it effectively cap on the number of cars on the road.

Plus nowadays the jam is shifted to other parts of expressway like TPE to new upper changi road and the reverse during morning and evening peak hours. Then also kpe is getting more and more jam.

So yeah.. The ns expressway to me will be a big waste of money to build as of current traffic cte condition now.

Edited by Yewheng

Number of lanes do affect a bit la. You see the PIE before upsize and after upsize, esp at the PIE to BKE slip road, after they increase the number of lanes, not so much jam there liao.

Especially when there is an upslope, all the more traffic crawls. Somehow the road designers still have no clue. Especially for mce to ecp.

And the problem of pie at Stevens exit.

No need? Have you seen how many new estates are being built in Sembawang/Canberra/Yishun/Punggol?

Actually I feel there is no need for ns expressway already. Cte traffic actually improved as compared to few years ago. Also with government now limit to no new coe quota will be added, it effectively cap on the number of cars on the road.

Plus nowadays the jam is shifted to other parts of expressway like TPE to new upper changi road and the reverse during morning and evening peak hours. Then also kpe is getting more and more jam.

So yeah.. The ns expressway to me will be a big waste of money to build as of current traffic cte condition now.

• Praise 5

Especially when there is an upslope, all the more traffic crawls. Somehow the road designers still have no clue. Especially for mce to ecp.

And the problem of pie at Stevens exit.

Its more of the bend causing a slow down in traffic. Bends slow down traffic more rapidly as compared to up-slopes. I believe PIE stevens  traffic slow down is attributed more towards the bend.

The AASHTO highway design code which LTA frequently refers to covers both bends and up slope.

The problem with tying the levels of the road can be due to many challenges:

1. Existing level, some people will say just cut lor but those familiar will say if you cut too much and the sub-grade level rest on those undesirable soil condition, you have to spend more time and $ to improve the ground condition

2. Drainage, If you build a new road the ends will definitely tie in to existing road, there is definitely a gradient for water to flow to the side table or the center median.

3. Exisitng services beneath, Spore is too build up there is not much space to divert services away.

To be fair to the road planners, its not that they dunno. its just that they have too much conditions to fulfil. If possible to make the road perfect whom wont want to do it?

I am not a LTA road planner just a dude whom used to be in the infrastructure line.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1