Anyone felt that the spc levo petrol is any diff ?

Verve

funny i felt that caltex more responsive on my car but less mileage, esso like not as responsive but this levo seems even better than esso ! funny how local brand can be better

↡ Advertisement

i pump spc, but i think this levo thing is just like publicity for spc leh. just come out with this name then say this levo can do this this and that. anyway after pumping levo feels the same as the before levo one leh.

• Praise 1

As above.

usually felt spc a bit bolat, but as petrol was running low, went to spc station and pump $30 first of 95.

surprisingly my 1.4 T car seems to have a slightly more responsive feel thereafter

dont know if its me or that spc decided to put some good stuff in (at least for the initial branding campaign)

anyway with 15% discount, not too bad for value too.

any feedback ?

have being pumping bp and then spc since 2000.....to me there is absolutely no difference between 92, 95 or 97...its all the same. even when i pumped vpower in malaysia, it still feels the same. i am always amazed at how other drivers can analyze how powerful one brand of petrol is over others....

have being pumping bp and then spc since 2000.....to me there is absolutely no difference between 92, 95 or 97...its all the same. even when i pumped vpower in malaysia, it still feels the same. i am always amazed at how other drivers can analyze how powerful one brand of petrol is over others....

Hmmmz.....

Technically it should not be the same due to the different cocktail of additives(or lack of).

If yours is a b&b car using b&b lubricants, then don't think there's any difference or at msot slight as most of the power and torque is restricted anyway due to emission laws.

But if your timing is advanced, you dropped in a upgraded engine with forged pistons with P&P, you have a tuned unichip, you got IHE, then the grade of petrol will definitely make a difference.

Power or not, is up to individual makes and set-ups, but one thing is certain, higher octane petrol does reduce pinging and prevents detonation for tuned cars and is beneficial as your mapping values are tuned to the specific grade of petrol.

• Praise 1

Just curious questions:

1. Is the petrol on the petrol truck the same for all grades - 92, 95, 98, ....... or the tank is sub-divided to hold various grades?

2. If petrol is the same on the truck, then presumably, they add different colourings and additives at the petrol stations?

The best way is to get the OBD readouts for the ignition timing. That'll deliver the statistical result on whether the petrol really works.

For my previous car(Celica), Caltex/SPC/ESSO/Shell are the order of ignition timing advancement that I was able to record over a 3 year span. So it does matter but I don't know whether it'll be the same for other cars.

For my current car(Euro R), my OBD reader is not able to give me the timing once I activated the high cams, so I'm not able to prove it statistically.

Hmmmz.....

Technically it should not be the same due to the different cocktail of additives(or lack of).

If yours is a b&b car using b&b lubricants, then don't think there's any difference or at msot slight as most of the power and torque is restricted anyway due to emission laws.

But if your timing is advanced, you dropped in a upgraded engine with forged pistons with P&P, you have a tuned unichip, you got IHE, then the grade of petrol will definitely make a difference.

Power or not, is up to individual makes and set-ups, but one thing is certain, higher octane petrol does reduce pinging and prevents detonation for tuned cars and is beneficial as your mapping values are tuned to the specific grade of petrol.

• Praise 1

(edited)

its proven that some cars do run better with higher grade petrol and some dont.

Edited by Mllcg
  • Praise 1

For my previous car(Celica), Caltex/SPC/ESSO/Shell are the order of ignition timing advancement that I was able to record over a 3 year span.

Hi, can you elaborate what this means? Thanks.

• Praise 1

Re: SPC petrol no good. It's a myth that SPC doesn't seems to be able to get rid of. I've using SPC regularly since the 90's, on several cars (from B&B cars to high-ish performance car) & I don't it to be inferior to other brands. I also don't find significant difference between using recommended ron and higher octane ones.

In the 90's when petrol was cheap, I use almost only v-power or ron 98 petrol (out of ignorance) and on rare occasions when I buy lower octane ones, I can tell much diff in actual performance (except for 'butt dyno') or better mileage.

Twincharged

funny i felt that caltex more responsive on my car but less mileage, esso like not as responsive but this levo seems even better than esso ! funny how local brand can be better

S.P.C. don't belongs to S'pore anymore,it already sold to China,2 yrs ago.

For better petrol, you can advance the timing.

For lesser quality petrol, you are forced to retard the timing.

Work this back, reading off the timing, you can tell who is really better.

He is saying, for his car only, cow is best.

For Caltex/SPC/ESSO/Shell, my max ignition timing are 43, 42,41,40 respectively on my previous car.

For my current car, the ignition timing reaches 40 just before vtec kicks in, and is supposed to reach all the way to 50 but unfortunately my reader can't capture the information.