Anyone felt that the spc levo petrol is any diff ?

Verve

Any news of petrol price coming down for the national holiday?

Crude dropped alot last night, perhaps we should see a 10cents drop soon! Fingers crossed!

All Singapore dribers hope so....... but i tink it will only go up..... and never go down....

↡ Advertisement

Any news of petrol price coming down for the national holiday?

Crude dropped alot last night, perhaps we should see a 10cents drop soon! Fingers crossed!

Someone in petrolwatch mentioned that caltex has lowered prices by 4cents

Neutral Newbie

Someone in petrolwatch mentioned that caltex has lowered prices by 4cents

i think they are going for $0.46/L...

Great!!

If really......

Drop 46 cents lagi bagus!!!

But must pump from 2am to 4am!! Will people bite?

Edited by SimonTan

OK, listened to all the hype and went for an SPC Levo 98 fill for my Porsche. Got the Everyday card and everything to enjoy more discount.

I'm very disappointed. My car feels significantly more sluggish than on Shell 98 (let alone V-power). The torquey feeling is just so muted with SPC.

Just to verify that this is petrol-related, I went to top up with Shell 98 after exhausting a quarter-tank - even that 1/4 tank of Shell 98 added to 3/4 tank of SPC 98 made a world of difference, and the car feels much better again.

It might just have been the unfortunate odd bad tank of SPC, but I don't think I'll be chancing it again. Will be sticking to Shell from now on (98 and V-power on occasion).

(This is not very scientific - lots of subjectivity, but I felt what I felt. And I "wanted" SPC to be better, so the placebo effect should've been working for SPC, not against).

Silver lining - now that I have the Everyday card, I guess I can use SPC 92 regularly for my Vios. Shell doesn't have a RON 92 fuel.

Edited by Turboflat4

Turbocharged

coincidentally i went for a full tank of spc 98 last saturday (actually wanted to see if they still give out or sell the sg flag to put on my car for the national day)

yes..doesn't seemed as rough (or engine grunt) as i was previously on caltex 98... but power wise seem slightly muted too.

that's negligible though.. the car still flies on a full wide throttle [laugh]

but if the levo can lower my fc, i'll switch over permanently [cool]

edit: btw, its on LGT

Edited by Solar

To put it logically.....there is still 3/4 of levo that gave you the good feeling when mixed with 1/4shell.

I guess Porsche is high class car.....very sensitive to petrol.

OK, listened to all the hype and went for an SPC Levo 98 fill for my Porsche. Got the Everyday card and everything to enjoy more discount.

I'm very disappointed. My car feels significantly more sluggish than on Shell 98 (let alone V-power). The torquey feeling is just so muted with SPC.

Just to verify that this is petrol-related, I went to top up with Shell 98 after exhausting a quarter-tank - even that 1/4 tank of Shell 98 added to 3/4 tank of SPC 98 made a world of difference, and the car feels much better again.

It might just have been the unfortunate odd bad tank of SPC, but I don't think I'll be chancing it again. Will be sticking to Shell from now on (98 and V-power on occasion).

(This is not very scientific - lots of subjectivity, but I felt what I felt. And I "wanted" SPC to be better, so the placebo effect should've been working for SPC, not against).

Silver lining - now that I have the Everyday card, I guess I can use SPC 92 regularly for my Vios. Shell doesn't have a RON 92 fuel.

To put it logically.....there is still 3/4 of levo that gave you the good feeling when mixed with 1/4shell.

No. The car has been running on Shell 98 most of the time - absolutely no complaints. Occasional V-power (whenever they have that offer once a month), even better performance.

So:

4/4 (full tank) V-power is the best performance.

4/4 (full tank) Shell 98 is the nominal (good) performance.

3/4 SPC 98 + 1/4 Shell 98 is tolerable. (this is when I topped up the remaining 1/4 tank with Shell today)

4/4 SPC 98 is crap.

Hence, even a 1/4 tank of Shell 98 is able to somewhat "rescue" some performance after having made the "mistake" of an SPC 98 fill. Of course, 4/4 Shell petrol is much better.

Background - ages (years) ago, I'd sworn off SPC (pre-Levo) when my modded WRXs would ping on SPC 98 (but run perfectly well on Shell). This was actually a major inconvenience for me since there's an SPC practically next door, but I have to drive a ways to get to a Shell. You can see how convinced I must have been of Shell's superiority over SPC.

Then I started hearing all this good stuff about the new Levo - including greater "responsiveness" (I guess that means more subjective torque). So I gave it a chance this time - only to have been disappointed.

This is subjective, as I mentioned, but my butt is a finely calibrated dyno. [laugh]

Maybe I might do one more fill with SPC 98 just to make sure that wasn't just a random issue (sediment in the tank, etc.) But if that disappoints too, it's Shell all the way for me.

I guess Porsche is high class car.....very sensitive to petrol.

Ah, but if this new-fangled Levo fuel is really of such atas quality (like SPC claim), it should be fine for my car too. People were emphasising the improved performance characteristics on Levo - but this has not been my experience thus far.

Just balancing out the perspective here, for other bros with higher performance cars who're considering experimenting. [:)]

Edited by Turboflat4

Turbocharged

i think different car match different petrol, my latio works well with esso/mobil, spc and petronas (my only choice up north..)... cowtex and shell gives me very coarse engine sound and poor fc... dont know why... just last mth, fuel running very low and no spc nearby, i pumped cowtex,no choice... damn.....fc drop my my norm 12-13 to 10+ only and engine sounds like it's going to die like that... [laugh]

have not been pumping shell for ..maybe 3yrs? or perhaps 4... will try it again one of this day when im in good mood....... [:p]

i think different car match different petrol,

I think this may be true, though I can't figure out why that should be so.

Turbocharged

Different cars are tuned differently, and different brand petrol have different additives. So that is possible

Was on Caltex due to discount but now on spc due to higher discount. No diff on my sub 300bhp ride. Dont u guys go to where the discount is or u have all the discount cards for all station?

Neutral Newbie

i think different car match different petrol, my latio works well with esso/mobil, spc and petronas (my only choice up north..)... cowtex and shell gives me very coarse engine sound and poor fc... dont know why... just last mth, fuel running very low and no spc nearby, i pumped cowtex,no choice... damn.....fc drop my my norm 12-13 to 10+ only and engine sounds like it's going to die like that... [laugh]

have not been pumping shell for ..maybe 3yrs? or perhaps 4... will try it again one of this day when im in good mood....... [:p]

Fc also depends on driving pattern. More highway means better fc.

I have been driving 4 different cars since my 1st car 8 yrs ago

SPC and caltex don't work for my cars. Bad FC and no power.

JB petrol also don't work for me. Same bad FC and no power

I'm not kidding. Only Singapore ESSO and shell work for me.

I have been driving 4 different cars since my 1st car 8 yrs ago

SPC and caltex don't work for my cars. Bad FC and no power.

JB petrol also don't work for me. Same bad FC and no power

I'm not kidding. Only Singapore ESSO and shell work for me.

same here.

shell works best for me.

but if emergency, esso works too.

cowtech and spc give me the worst