Tyre pressure

Mllcg

(edited)

I haven't checked my tyres since 2 months ago when my WS did it for me.

how much should i pump into my tyres?

im driving a WRX

17 inches

Edited by Mllcg
↡ Advertisement

does your car user manual say what pressure u should pump? or else i think the panel at the driver's door will indicate the pressure.

• Praise 1

does your car user manual say what pressure u should pump? or else i think the panel at the driver's door will indicate the pressure.

they did say 220. but if i put 210 is it ok?

i think it is advisable to just follow the pressure stated on the user manual, because if u put 210 it will be slightly under-inflated? and a difference of 10kpa does really make a difference. haha but its up to your own preference anyway.

Tyre pressure is not critical.

You can pump 240 or 180, up to you.

Many cars pumped 210-220 range.

But after two week...it might leaked to 170-200 range.

People still drive and speed and do cornering at low tyre pressure without much worry.

Tyres are very accommodating for normal driver....no need to worry much over it.j

Just pump it every two weeks or monthly will be ok.

• Praise 1

2nd Gear

If you lower your ride and it is on low profile tyres, it's better to pump in more pressure (~250 or more) to prevent the excessive wear of the tyre inner thread.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

i think it is advisable to just follow the pressure stated on the user manual, because if u put 210 it will be slightly under-inflated? and a difference of 10kpa does really make a difference. haha but its up to your own preference anyway.

Well this only applied to stock tyres.. Meaning lets say for example.. Manual stated 210kpa for stock tyree and stock tyre profile is 195/55/15 (example only) and the driver go change to 16 inch rim and thus tyre also 16 inch and the pressure to pump for that 16inch tyre will not be the one that stated in manual for that stock car..

Rule of the thumb.. When tyre profile is lower, it is good to pump higher pressure as.stated in the manual for stock tyre profile.

Well this only applied to stock tyres.. Meaning lets say for example.. Manual stated 210kpa for stock tyree and stock tyre profile is 195/55/15 (example only) and the driver go change to 16 inch rim and thus tyre also 16 inch and the pressure to pump for that 16inch tyre will not be the one that stated in manual for that stock car..

Rule of the thumb.. When tyre profile is lower, it is good to pump higher pressure as.stated in the manual for stock tyre profile.

Last time when i`m still pump normal air for my 17inc rim, i pump 280kpa !! Lolz... [:p]

Tyre pressure is not critical.

You can pump 240 or 180, up to you.

Many cars pumped 210-220 range.

But after two week...it might leaked to 170-200 range.

People still drive and speed and do cornering at low tyre pressure without much worry.

Tyres are very accommodating for normal driver....no need to worry much over it.j

Just pump it every two weeks or monthly will be ok.

Mechanic at Auto Bac say can pump every 3 mths , some even 6 mth also can ? They use nitrogen , they say is better for the tyre as it do not heat up easily and got no moisture.

Mechanic at Auto Bac say can pump every 3 mths , some even 6 mth also can ? They use nitrogen , they say is better for the tyre as it do not heat up easily and got no moisture.

I also heard that nitrogen also make ur car feel lighter..! Dunno true or not leh ??

I also heard that nitrogen also make ur car feel lighter..! Dunno true or not leh ??

unlikely to feel the different lah , maybe a few grams diff how can have effect , haha ! [cool]

Molecular weight of air and N2 is almost same. So, no issues. One thing, pumping N2 would make your wallet lighter [:p]

↡ Advertisement