Tyre pressure

Mllcg

Tap water is also 99% pure and clean.

But that did not stop people from boiler it nd filtering it to get rid of the 1% germs and unwanted chemicals.

unlikely to feel the different lah , maybe a few grams diff how can have effect , haha ! [cool]

Actually i dun really feel it too.. And one more thing is that if u wan to go back to e shop for top up i feel a bit pai sai leh..

Neutral Newbie

does your car user manual say what pressure u should pump? or else i think the panel at the driver's door will indicate the pressure.

Is it ok to pump slightly higher than the recommended pressure?

Cos I heard that you save more fuel when your tyres are "harder" right? It's easier to coast with very full tyres.

Also, if I the pressure is too high, will it make me significantly more at risk of getting a puncture???

I am also a cyclist and am just applying the same logic for bike tyres to car tyres - I pump higher than recommend for my bike tyres, so I don't need to work so hard when peddling. Have cycled regularly the past 10+ years without a puncture! But I don't know if harder car tyres are more susceptible to punctures...

• Praise 1

too hard too much lose grip but better fc. Depend on yr intention.

slightly lower increase grip but lose fc. More rolling resistance.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Higher pressure = better fc = bumpier ride = less traction due to possible lesser contact area between tyres and road (i.e. not so safe)

I'm a cyclist too, and I think this concept is much more obvious if you do mountain biking. And I think for bicycles, it's fine to pump up to the max pressure stated on the tyres. But for cars, you might want to keep the pressure not more than 90% of the stated max pressure to allow expansion of the air due to the heat. I have tested my car tyres and the difference could go up to about 5 PSI after driving for a while.

• Praise 1

Higher pressure = better fc = bumpier ride = less traction due to possible lesser contact area between tyres and road (i.e. not so safe)

I'm a cyclist too, and I think this concept is much more obvious if you do mountain biking. And I think for bicycles, it's fine to pump up to the max pressure stated on the tyres. But for cars, you might want to keep the pressure not more than 90% of the stated max pressure to allow expansion of the air due to the heat. I have tested my car tyres and the difference could go up to about 5 PSI after driving for a while.

A high pressure tyre is heavier, and it makes the engine work harder. Just follow the recommended pressure and check every two weeks.

Just like my bicycle, if I pump the rear tyre to hardness, the pedal requires alot more effort to cycle!

Any Bros know what is the recommended tyre pressure for Pirelli Cinturato 225/40 R18

Many many thank you in advance [dizzy]

Any Bros know what is the recommended tyre pressure for Pirelli Cinturato 225/40 R18

it depends on the car specification and not the tyre.

Anyway, pump 250-260 kpa when tyre is warm should do it.

4th Gear

This is what I will do, if your car manual/door states 230kpa then start off with 240kpa when cool (within 1km from prolong stop to pump). Slowly adjust up until you are comfortable. I'm currently running 270kpa but don't really like the feel of it, so I will stick with 260kpa for my current tyres.

Personally I will prefer higher tyre pressure but definitely not at the risk of longer braking distance and grip.

260kpa is the sweet spot for me, probably different for your car.

• Praise 1

This is what I will do, if your car manual/door states 230kpa then start off with 240kpa when cool (within 1km from prolong stop to pump). Slowly adjust up until you are comfortable. I'm currently running 270kpa but don't really like the feel of it, so I will stick with 260kpa for my current tyres.

Personally I will prefer higher tyre pressure but definitely not at the risk of longer braking distance and grip.

260kpa is the sweet spot for me, probably different for your car.

Last month, I sent the car to workshop and they set the tyre pressure at 290kpa.

the tyre looks under inflated, so top up till 320kpa. I feel better with this pressure.

Is indicated in the tyre that the max pressure is 340kpa, see picture below.

Is it too high?

Thank you.

post-143314-0-34669500-1399117625_thumb.jpg

U r the first person I see pump over 300kpa...u feel better when ur car have the floating feeling?

250-260kpa would suffice, don't over inflate.

Last month, I sent the car to workshop and they set the tyre pressure at 290kpa.

the tyre looks under inflated, so top up till 320kpa. I feel better with this pressure.

Is it too high?

Thank you.

attachicon.giftyre.jpg

6th Gear

Is it too high?

Thank you.

attachicon.giftyre.jpg

You should check your car manual or the recommended tire pressure readings that are located in the fuel cap or side of your car (whichever is applicable).

That kind of pressure can be dangerous at certain speeds and/or along certain parts of the roads.

Hypersonic

Is it too high?

Thank you.

attachicon.giftyre.jpg

320kpa is way too high. Even 290kpa is quite high liao.

Supercharged

I think it should be fine to follow the tyre pressure set by your workshop, cos they are the experts. My own tyre pressure also pump in accordance to my tyre workshop mechanic's recommendations.

If you looked at other cars' tyres, many will looked like under inflated, especially the front 2 tyres, with the bottom part fatten out. But you can't trust your eyes. Only a tyre gauge can confirm it. It may look under inflated but in fact, it is not.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2