First flying car in reality

Dreamer143

National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has approved first flying car to be on roads. This car have folding side wings and easy entery like vehicles and can be parked in side home garage, safe and speedy on roads, its anme is terrafugia

Here are the pics

post-76564-1310135812_thumb.png

post-76564-1310136032_thumb.png

post-76564-1310135782_thumb.png

for detailed information &videos

source= www.vehiclepdf.com

post-76564-1310135638_thumb.png

↡ Advertisement

I saw one at Boeing museum in Seattle before.. The actual car was built but there was no market for it I guess..

post-18310-1310137330_thumb.jpg

minimum sports pilot license is needed for this car, but already 100 orders been booked, and increase in sports pilot license no. in us is seen

(edited)

A practical flying car should have VTOL. Can you imagine relying on a long runway to land at work? Won't work unless you work at an airstrip, and even then you generally need clearance to land. At least with VTOL, if you spot a jam, you can "instantly" take off on the spot, potong jalan the jam as the crow flies, then land in a secluded spot at or near your destination.

Edited by Turboflat4

A practical flying car should have VTOL. Can you imagine relying on a long runway to land at work? Won't work unless you work at an airstrip, and even then you generally need clearance to land. At least with VTOL, if you spot a jam, you can "instantly" take off on the spot, potong jalan the jam as the crow flies, then land in a secluded spot at or near your destination.

slowly mah.

one step at at time.

must walk before can run.

Cannot. Cause if all cars have VTOL you can imagine the mess we will get in the sky......

Neutral Newbie

I always thought flying cars would look more awesome.

I actually wouldn't call that a flying car, but a car that is capable of controlled flight (nerdy I know).

But apparently the one thing stopping the development of proper flying cars (with VTO) is the fact that they will be driven by humans.

Most car accidents are caused by human error, now imagine if the same erroneous humans were allowed to command a vehicle above 100 meters (approximate height of the average skyscraper) above the ground, that would result in every car accident being a fatal one; this is just for the people in the cars never mind the people on the ground or in surrounding buildings.

What is needed is software and infrastructure that will allow for unmanned flight (including take-off and landing) before proper flying cars can be further developed and approved by governments.

And that's my 2 cents.

I always thought flying cars would look more awesome.

I actually wouldn't call that a flying car, but a car that is capable of controlled flight (nerdy I know).

But apparently the one thing stopping the development of proper flying cars (with VTO) is the fact that they will be driven by humans.

Most car accidents are caused by human error, now imagine if the same erroneous humans were allowed to command a vehicle above 100 meters (approximate height of the average skyscraper) above the ground, that would result in every car accident being a fatal one; this is just for the people in the cars never mind the people on the ground or in surrounding buildings.

What is needed is software and infrastructure that will allow for unmanned flight (including take-off and landing) before proper flying cars can be further developed and approved by governments.

And that's my 2 cents.

Do you mean simply to shoot passengers to their respective short distances destinations, like firing gaint mortar rather than fly them (Example: Punggol to Pulau Ubin/Changi to Pulau Tekong...)

Ha... we'll need a Control Tower to facilitate flight path and clearance to take off

I just need one that can fly over the erp...

with GPS IU you have NO escape.hehe..

got to say PAP [thumbsup] [thumbsup] :D

↡ Advertisement