• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
23 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:05 PM

Vega
  • Vega
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

anyone drives a Q7 without damaging the rims at Tuas check points?

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:26 PM

Unfair
  • Premium member
    Unfair
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

The long standing saying is

"If you dunno how to drive, dont buy a big car ! "

Pepi18022009 (For Fifa14/GTA V)

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:33 PM

Rncw
  • Premium member
    Rncw
    Supercharged
    Author Image

people drive lambo, ferrari and rolls royce also not scared rims damaging...hahahaha
we must fight, to run away!

"Ayu-chan, if I cannot be your husband, I'll be your step-father..."

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:39 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

how many are there in this MCF ppl driving Q7??? if u ask camry or altis, got alot people will answer u lol. Q7 so high, at most u climb the curb lor
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:51 PM

I-LOVE-CARS
  • I-LOVE-CARS
    6th Gear
    Author Image

how many are there in this MCF ppl driving Q7??? if u ask camry or altis, got alot people will answer u lol. Q7 so high, at most u climb the curb lor

They don't call it a SUV for Nothing dry.gif

Posted 10 July 2011 - 04:04 PM

Count_duku
  • Count_duku
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Even on my normal sized car, I went up the kerb a few times. I think can practise on the s-course and crank course at the driving school, it's about sensing where your wheels are without looking ..
"You never really own a Rolex, you merely look after it for the pawnshop. Sigh"

Posted 10 July 2011 - 04:12 PM

Beehive3783
  • Premium member
    Beehive3783
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Drive SUV also scared mount kerb? laugh.gif

Edited by Beehive3783, 10 July 2011 - 04:12 PM.

Cheers
Ben

Posted 10 July 2011 - 04:36 PM

Gabrielfrancisteo
  • Gabrielfrancisteo
    1st Gear
    Author Image

To be fair, TS asked if anyone drive there without damaging their rims.

I guess sure got some people drove there without damaging their rims, just like got some drive F1 car without crashing.....
"All Animals Are Equal, But Some Animals Are More Equal Than Others." - Animal Farm.

Posted 10 July 2011 - 05:27 PM

Vega
  • Vega
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

The reason why I asked is because today when coming back to SG via Tuas, saw a MY reg Q7 infront of me clearing SG custom. The lane is so narrow or the vehicle is so big that it just leave very little clearance for the wheels. End up, the right both wheels when up the kerb and slide back down. Both rims are badly scratched. The driver came out. Inspect the rims and talk to the officer in charge but I only see the officer keep shrouding his shoulder. I wonder how Q7 owners manage to clear custom without damaging the rims?

Posted 10 July 2011 - 05:44 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Boils down to driving skill. Guess he's a lousy driver. tongue.gif

Imagine driving a Hummer H3.

Posted 10 July 2011 - 06:01 PM

Old-driver
  • Old-driver
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Or he just happened to pass thru a narrower lane that day haha

Posted 10 July 2011 - 06:11 PM

Rosschang
  • Rosschang
    4th Gear
    Author Image

louzi driver spotted. u should take pic.

Posted 10 July 2011 - 06:22 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

SUV on high profile tires what. Bua also bua tire sidewall, dun think will Kenna rims.
Feel so rich. Or just an illusion?

Posted 10 July 2011 - 06:40 PM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Lambo take lorry lane
Garage36.com

Posted 10 July 2011 - 07:54 PM

Vega
  • Vega
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Or he just happened to pass thru a narrower lane that day haha

All the lanes are of the same width isn't it?

Posted 10 July 2011 - 07:57 PM

Vega
  • Vega
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

SUV on high profile tires what. Bua also bua tire sidewall, dun think will Kenna rims.

I saw the rims which is badly scratched and it's a very new 4.2L Q7. Feel very heart pain for the owner.

Posted 10 July 2011 - 08:24 PM

Mugen85
  • Mugen85
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Q7 is indeed huge. I drove the turbo diesel model. Very hard not to scratch the rims unless you have super good skills. Tuas customs lanes too narrow. Not all SUVs using high profile tyres.

Posted 10 July 2011 - 08:32 PM

VellfireS
  • Premium member
    VellfireS
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

I think you can get permission to use lorry lane..
The Great Melon TIKO Ranger since 2011

Posted 10 July 2011 - 09:03 PM

Rncw
  • Premium member
    Rncw
    Supercharged
    Author Image

my boss' hummers (H2, H10) and the modified 10 wheels armor-plated hummer also cleared customs without problem leh...maybe the profile of the tyres very high

Boils down to driving skill. Guess he's a lousy driver. tongue.gif

Imagine driving a Hummer H3.

we must fight, to run away!

"Ayu-chan, if I cannot be your husband, I'll be your step-father..."

Posted 10 July 2011 - 10:22 PM

• Premium member
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Q7 is not the higest or biggest.

Touareg and Cayenne abt the same size too.

Land Cruiser, Rolls Royce will have "more problem" if that's the case.

Agree that bigger size will have less margin, but
driver skill and confidence level is more important.

If they can survive MSCP, they should have no problem going through Tuas ICQ

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: Audi, clear, custom, Tuas, link

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users