Dec 2010 ACCIDENT! Need Advise. - Case closed Sep 2012

RadX

with all the evidents you have, think its hard for the other party to claim.

btw, did you counter claim the bike insurance for ramping into the rear? Also, Remember to ask your insurance company not to pay anything without your approval...

Malaysian co hard to claim...anyway the bumper scratch oni....respray.....

↡ Advertisement

Folks. Serious matter.

Remember the scuffle I had with the M'sian motorbike last Dec 2010 where he hit my ass. I received a reply from the TP that he was sternly warned for dangerous/reckless riding. the story continues.

I kinda expected this. Received a letter from HOH and he is claiming $27k against me. In the letter, it mentioned that I can give the letter to my insurer, which I intend to do later.

For those who have experienced this, how long can it drag? Seeing my circumstance, what would be the likely outcome? I foresee the 2 insurers slugging it out.

Thanks

TP have replied that they found the Motorcyclist was reckless and dangerous.

Remember to print a copy of that letter(if any) and pass it to your insurer.

This can increase your chances of winning of the case.

TP have replied that they found the Motorcyclist was reckless and dangerous.

Remember to print a copy of that letter(if any) and pass it to your insurer.

This can increase your chances of winning of the case.

Yup. Thanks pal. Guess that is the mode of action now

(edited)

Malaysian co hard to claim...anyway the bumper scratch oni....respray.....

claim against malaysian usually take abt a year and more.

if i were u, i would just repair n not claim since its not something major. save yourself the agony of waiting fpr replies.

the last accident with a malaysia, i repaired for about 2k, they wanted so many documents and blah blah blah, in the end i fed up and do it myself, cant even be bothered.

Edited by Tom_kkh

No doubt with the backing of Authority, I'll say you r pretty safe. How bad was the rider, any permanent injury? 27k? care to share whats their justification?

No doubt with the backing of Authority, I'll say you r pretty safe. How bad was the rider, any permanent injury? 27k? care to share whats their justification?

thks bro. Mandible fracture and his bike was in pretty bad shape.

spoke to my lawyers already and they are ready to take the case, and yes, with the authorities letter, they advised it as a pretty clear cut case.

The fella trying to earn his yearly salary from me :angry: :angry:

claim against malaysian usually take abt a year and more.

if i were u, i would just repair n not claim since its not something major. save yourself the agony of waiting fpr replies.

the last accident with a malaysia, i repaired for about 2k, they wanted so many documents and blah blah blah, in the end i fed up and do it myself, cant even be bothered.

Thks bro....my respray oni $180...swee swee done [laugh][laugh]

Their justification is their being one of the many cowboy insurance co over there.

There are a dime a dozen of such co in boleh land.

Was ur car camera turned on then???

Save the recording n pass them to ur insurer or lawyer.

no camera then...but still have the pics.....in hp...of exact location

Bro, tp has stated that the rider is at fault, so no worries if u have inform ur ins... Unlike my colleagues case he was fined with demerit points, and he accepted the fine, now ins told him that, u paid the fine means u are guilty....

Anyway good luck.

Bro, tp has stated that the rider is at fault, so no worries if u have inform ur ins... Unlike my colleagues case he was fined with demerit points, and he accepted the fine, now ins told him that, u paid the fine means u are guilty....

Anyway good luck.

Thanks man! Reassuring enuf for me. My lawyer said that quite clear cut and should not be an issue [thumbsup][thumbsup]

thks bro. Mandible fracture and his bike was in pretty bad shape.

spoke to my lawyers already and they are ready to take the case, and yes, with the authorities letter, they advised it as a pretty clear cut case.

The fella trying to earn his yearly salary from me :angry: :angry:

Maybe he does'nt know about the mandatory give way to buses exiting...

If like that how??? :wacko:

Maybe he does'nt know about the mandatory give way to buses exiting...

If like that how??? :wacko:

ask Raymond Lim educate him [laugh][laugh] RaymondLim's idea wor

OK! Insurer says to pass letter and they will settle the issue.

thanks all. Will post findings here

Clear cut case. Why did the biker even try to claim from you? Maybe he is a nutcase.

try luck lor...

(edited)

Folks. Serious matter.

Remember the scuffle I had with the M'sian motorbike last Dec 2010 where he hit my ass. I received a reply from the TP that he was sternly warned for dangerous/reckless riding. the story continues.

I kinda expected this. Received a letter from HOH and he is claiming $27k against me. In the letter, it mentioned that I can give the letter to my insurer, which I intend to do later.

For those who have experienced this, how long can it drag? Seeing my circumstance, what would be the likely outcome? I foresee the 2 insurers slugging it out.

Thanks

Can drag 1+ year. Also depends on how good is your insurer's lawyer. TP's letter is as good as useless. Largely depends on the judge. I can tell you is be prepared for the judge to side the motorcyclist even though he did not keep a safe distance. I know it sucks but the judge perceive those motorcyclists and cyclists as more vulnerable and usually they are the ones injured. The medical compensation cannot siam one. LLST

I had similar experience with cyclist before, not my fault but the judge side the a-----e. LPPL.

You might need to appear in court or maybe not, the insurer's lawyer will advise you. Whatever pictures you have submit them to the lawyer. Be mentally prepared for the "unfair" sh*t.

Unless you have a witness. That I think will make a difference. But sad to say usually witness not willing to come forward.

Edited by Watwheels
↡ Advertisement