Cook1234

1- Cosmetic not important, colour not important

2- Price and mechanical condition very important

3- Number of ownership not important

4- Accident history not important

5- LTA compliant fairly important

6- Interior condition rather important

I would rate mechanical condition very important

secondly is number of ownership. Because this determine the number of mods being done on the car , and number of demods, and the skeptical point of why this car kept changing hand. 

Accident history is subjective. minor accident I can accept. But if major.. big no no.

There is also a batch of car kena water flood. Remember the 50 years once flood in SIngapore ? 

You'll be damn lucky to bought that those.. electronics confirm die one after another due to rust and corrosion internally.

↡ Advertisement

its illegal... what you described is money laundering.. albeit at a small scale

as long as the authority don't catch, its not considered money laundry. 

There are so many obvious ads in the SGCarmart that look shady.

Just like AirBNB for HDB. Everyone knows its illegal. Yet its still blatant as heck.

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 1

Where got ppl see car liao immediately say buy and settle on the same day one? 

Who tell you dont have? You dont know does not mean dont have hor. 

I did that a few years back, yes I did that. so who say dont have?

I saw the car I wanted at sgcarmart, call the dealer at 11am, ask questions over the phone, arrange to see the car at 1pm. Went to bank draw cash, went over to see car, everything in order except one handle not working. Pay deposit, dealer buy insurance for me on the spot over the net, print out cover letter, dealer send car to get the handle done, wait for admin staff to settle e transfer, I go have a kopi, 3pm dealer call me can go back collect car liao. 

Paid up the balance in cash, sign take over form, dealer tell me give me a free grooming, but too rush for them to do, so he called up the groomer at auto bacs, give them car plate number, i drove the car there, wash vacuum and wax. 

by 6pm I already at home, login buy season parking liao, that is including go pump petrol. 

need to take 9.30am to 9.30pm so long meh? 

siao is it? 7 hours only leh, and that's from calling to reach home. 

exactly the same for me, except 4hrs.  most of the time waiting for the bloody insurance cover note to be sent over.

• Praise 1

Hi guys thanks for the advice all. I already bought a New car. My advice for newbies like me dont buy a pre owned car if u dont know nuts.

@13177 the car dealer cahrge ne extra 18% interest after my loan had been approve, they Said because i took 100% loan than they need to charge me Tax Not gst so its 18% company Tax. Luckily i backout and after arguing than i get back my depòsit back. Trying to make extra money from me. Before loan approval they didn't even mention about Tax.

Hi guys thanks for the advice all. I already bought a New car. My advice for newbies like me dont buy a pre owned car if u dont know nuts.

I think one should buy a pre-owned car before buying a new car, so he can easily identify most of the faults in future lol...

It makes no sense to buy a pre owned as the depreciation is higher than a new car. However if cannot afford new, second choice is the resale market

Neutral Newbie

Buying n selling fully paid car can be completed within 5min upon buyer insurence activation.

Need vaild singpass tho.

Side track abit.

I am looking to buy used/ coe ending car.

Pls contact me if u have one up for sale.

9635 55I5

Thanks

Buying n selling fully paid car can be completed within 5min upon buyer insurence activation.

Need vaild singpass tho.

Side track abit.

I am looking to buy used/ coe ending car.

Pls contact me if u have one up for sale.

9635 55I5

Thanks

Used car dealer spotted. Google your contact number can find out a lot about you and where you are from.

Wanna buy coe car to lease out?

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Is it normal for used car dealers to charge admin fees? $500ð¤ð±

Not uncommon but not everyone does this. If the car condition is good and car price is reasonable,the dealer is trustworthy, I dont mind paying but I may negotiate first.
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

Is it normal for used car dealers to charge admin fees? $500ð¤ð±

Admin fee is basically the salesman commission, the salesman told me himself.

Frankly, nowadays got what difficult admin work? All done online. Not like last time need to submit paperwork to LTA, etc.

I mostly deal with my  dealer who is also my friend.

All I need is to agree to a price and a valid insurance  paper.

I drive away after that.

Cos he trust me won't play him out.

Hypersonic

I mostly deal with my dealer who is also my friend.

All I need is to agree to a price and a valid insurance paper.

I drive away after that.

Cos he trust me won't play him out.

Does he source for the car you want bro?
↡ Advertisement