Strategies on buying used car

Cook1234

After their expansion, the employees do most of the cars (the Malaysians better than the PRC ones).

That cud explain the drop in quality. <_<

↡ Advertisement

Can share your strategy?

Personally, Car buying strategy comes from car dealer and used car dealer, I get tips from selling/buying cars from them, why so?

Coz I'm friendly and make fren with them well, but from an diff angle, we make fren by buying from them and they returns the favour from buying something from me in another sales related field.

This is win/win synergy. I know car dealer are reading the thread too, but the sincere one will last the trade longer . . .

Neutral Newbie

Hi! Thanks a lot for the tips! I guess that they will be usefull one day for me as well! Go on sharing with the community!

• Praise 1

(edited)

For 2nd hand car, will avoid car with possibility of highly mod, tune or track.

They can revert back to stock condition but without proper setup,alignment n etc. who knows the ECU,engine block,cat is still stock? Not unless u know the owner well n what was done to the ride.

Edited by Zze121

sorry to hijack thread

Hi guys, have a question regarding Mark X engine. Went to view a 6yrs old Mark X and there is this constant click click sound coming from the engine. Asked the dealer and he said that all Mark X engine have this sound. Is it true as what he said?

• Praise 1

sorry to hijack thread

Hi guys, have a question regarding Mark X engine. Went to view a 6yrs old Mark X and there is this constant click click sound coming from the engine. Asked the dealer and he said that all Mark X engine have this sound. Is it true as what he said?

No such thing, in fact it was so silent until my dad always forget if he had started his engine. I think your dealer is bulls**tting. Unless you are talking about the cut in/out sound of the aircon compressor.

Got strategy to save on buying used car using these quidelines:

1) buy a parf car with about 3 years left to go> so that there's not much money the dealer can mark up anyway.

2) go for mileage about 10-15kpa. <10k pa is too underutilized and may pose other problems.

3) go for agent serviced.

4) preferably 1 owner and parked in sheltered place.

5) prepare not to take loan so that 1) dealer cannot make money for loan 2) can get rid of car anything if not happy or if any major defect without suffering any loss from early loan settlement because value of car is near paper value anyway.

If bros and sis notice that in ST advertised are usually newer cars, thus much can be marked up on price and dealer can make on loan also. Dealers don't mind advertising bacause they stand to make a lot if deal is realised.

So sgcarmart is the place to go to looks for such good value cars if bros and sis scrutise hard enough.

Just my humble view and may not suit everyone, especially those looking for cars with latest features etc.

How do I know if it is really ONE owner?

Neutral Newbie

I'm helping my friend to get the best deal for a used car by testing a new system. The system will send out requests for car price to all dealers in our network and they will have to compete for the lowest price to get the business from my friend.

If you think this is cool and wanted to find the best deal in town for a used car, reply with the following details:

1. Car Make: e.g Toyota

2. Model: e.g Vios

3. Registered Year: e.g 2007

4. Willing to buy within: e.g 7 days, 14 days or 30 days

5. Optional Details: e.g Price range, trade-in info(if you have), financing or anything else

6. Contact: Your Email + Mobile no:

This service is FREE as we want to test the market response and looking for feedback. Thanks.

Blessings,

Thomas

I'm helping my friend to get the best deal for a used car by testing a new system. The system will send out requests for car price to all dealers in our network and they will have to compete for the lowest price to get the business from my friend.

If you think this is cool and wanted to find the best deal in town for a used car, reply with the following details:

5. Optional Details: e.g Price range, trade-in info(if you have), financing or anything else

This service is FREE as we want to test the market response and looking for feedback. Thanks.

Blessings,

Thomas

Apologize. Is this for us to gather offers for our cars, or for dealers to tell us the prices of the cars they currently have?

Neutral Newbie

Apologize. Is this for us to gather offers for our cars, or for dealers to tell us the prices of the cars they currently have?

If you are looking to buy a used car, you want to find the lowest price possible. We will send your request to our network of dealers so they will fight over each other to get your business.

You can then choose the dealer with the best price and then go down to his shop to discuss more.

Blessings,

Thomas

Dey

There is sgcarmart le

No need ask just few clicks away

sgcarmart is good for the dealers, not good for consumers. Our system make dealers to compete for your business!

Blessings,

Thomas

• Praise 1

If you are looking to buy a used car, you want to find the lowest price possible. We will send your request to our network of dealers so they will fight over each other to get your business.

You can then choose the dealer with the best price and then go down to his shop to discuss more.

Blessings,

Thomas

sgcarmart is good for the dealers, not good for consumers. Our system make dealers to compete for your business!

Blessings,

Thomas

For me i personally would prefer to list out all the vios model in that age in sgcarmart, then list it from lowest to highest price, Then choose which one has the best condition before heading down to the showroom And negotiate. If fail go to amother showroom.

Bro

Good try but I don't think your little system will work.

Buying a car is not only about the price / year. There are other factors like mileage / colour / mods / accident free / rims / etc etc.

How can dealers fight over my business when there are all these other variables?!

Even if I use your system and I can get the lowest price which a dealer is willing to sell me ... I will still need the dealer to send me pics and other info before I even travel down to speak to him otherwise I am just wasting my time. Eeeerrrrr ... I think that is in fact sgcarmart with the USED vehicle section where I can sort in accordance with the price / mileage / year etc etc.

I don't think it will work dude.

• Praise 1

Blessings,

Thomas

So wats the catch?

• Praise 1

sgcarmart and st cars are the 2 websites that are very popular. Any other options are not viable

Bro

Good try but I don't think your little system will work.

Buying a car is not only about the price / year. There are other factors like mileage / colour / mods / accident free / rims / etc etc.

How can dealers fight over my business when there are all these other variables?!

Even if I use your system and I can get the lowest price which a dealer is willing to sell me ... I will still need the dealer to send me pics and other info before I even travel down to speak to him otherwise I am just wasting my time. Eeeerrrrr ... I think that is in fact sgcarmart with the USED vehicle section where I can sort in accordance with the price / mileage / year etc etc.

I don't think it will work dude.

• Praise 1

Blessings,

Thomas

Blessings,

Thomas

You are blessed with a lot of theory.

1. Car Make: Toyota

2. Model: Vios/altis/camry/wish

3. Registered Year: left 6mths to 1year

4. Willing to buy within: transfer in 3 days

5. Optional Details: cash deal

6. Contact: PM

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
Recently Bought a Honda Civic with Central Locking System

how come when i unlock / lock the car.. there is no sound..

It is creating alot of problem as i cannot find my car in the carpark..

is it common for central locking system not to have sound when lock / unlock car..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1