Range Rover Evoque

SCChia

Neutral Newbie

Great driving experience even at high speed like 195kph using north-south highway. However fuel consumption is bad for urban drive as the car operate at 4x4 wheel drive when speed below 40kph... my full tank of 67.5l petrol barely hit 500km. As for maintenance, JLR offering 5years free service now, so not sure...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Great driving experience even at high speed like 195kph using north-south highway. However fuel consumption is bad for urban drive as the car operate at 4x4 wheel drive when speed below 40kph... my full tank of 67.5l petrol barely hit 500km. As for maintenance, JLR offering 5years free service now, so not sure...

Bro I was told by AD that the evoque normally drives in 2 wheel setup or sth, and will activate the 4 wheel under certain circumstance eh. Not true ah?
  • Praise 1

Should be all time. In Porsche, it is technically all time 4 wheel drive. But in the normal circumstances, 80% of the power goes to the back.

Bro I was told by AD that the evoque normally drives in 2 wheel setup or sth, and will activate the 4 wheel under certain circumstance eh. Not true ah?

Should be all time. In Porsche, it is technically all time 4 wheel drive. But in the normal circumstances, 80% of the power goes to the back.

Ahhh I see. Would've been better for FC if we're able to change it on our own.

Apparently some of the manufacturers have that switch. If you talk about FC, for front mounted engines, you should have 3rd selection for front wheel drive. 

Ahhh I see. Would've been better for FC if we're able to change it on our own.

Tested the Evoque. Auto switch to front 2 above 30km/h and all 4 if below. Drive type is displayed in screen and cannot be changed.

Neutral Newbie

Not true
  • Praise 1

Hi,

Are there any Evoque owners here? Could you feedback on the reliability and maintenance cost so far?

Thanks!

Hi there, reliability for my evoque has been normal, just as what you get from a jap car, the difference is the oil change interval for evoque is listed at 24k km, rather than every 10k km. current ODO is at around 210000km, thus far items changed is wear and tear items, water pump, beltings, suspension damper, and suspension bushings, nothing big. till date its been bringing back ok fuel figures of 1liter to 10km-11km range.

Which year is your evoque? I can get on average 700-780km per tank. mine is 2012 model 6 speed.

• Praise 2

Hi there, reliability for my evoque has been normal, just as what you get from a jap car, the difference is the oil change interval for evoque is listed at 24k km, rather than every 10k km. current ODO is at around 210000km, thus far items changed is wear and tear items, water pump, beltings, suspension damper, and suspension bushings, nothing big. till date its been bringing back ok fuel figures of 1liter to 10km-11km range.

Which year is your evoque? I can get on average 700-780km per tank. mine is 2012 model 6 speed.

I've a 2012 evoque. I get about 450km before the low fuel light comes on; its about 8km per litre. 

The consumption on your evoque is pretty impressive.

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

2016 9speed
  • Praise 1

FC depends on individual driving style. Light footer can get much better FC than heavy footer.

Wear and tear are normal so I presume that the car is pretty reliable. How about rattling? I used to have cars that rattled badly. It was a turn off for me.

• Praise 1

Dear JellyFish,

I am scouting for an evoque, a dream car to be frank. But reliability wise your post give positive attributes to the car. I came across a unit 180k mileage. ARF of 83k and balance coe of about 5yr 6mths 27days. Reg. Date is 2013.

Obvious question is that is it save to buy a landrover with such high mileage? Agent claims extremely well maintained. 

A car of such mileage, would the original owner have done all necessary changes/replacements bye now due to regular maintain schedule with the AD. PLease share if anyone has some knowledge or opinion. Thank you in advance.

• Praise 1

My brother has one.

His wife wanted him to buy one for her so she could impress the son's girlfriend who was from rich family.

But the wife doesn't like driving it so uses my brother's small audi and he has to drive Evoque.

Now the son is getting married and will live in the US and my brother's wife is going apeshiite and I mean really apeshiite about it because she'll seldom see the son.

All because of the Evoque

I've sat in the passenger seat for a shortish ride and found the suspension so hard as to be uncomfortable.

Just my thoughts.

Edited by Neutrino
  • Praise 1

Dear JellyFish,

I am scouting for an evoque, a dream car to be frank. But reliability wise your post give positive attributes to the car. I came across a unit 180k mileage. ARF of 83k and balance coe of about 5yr 6mths 27days. Reg. Date is 2013.

Obvious question is that is it save to buy a landrover with such high mileage? Agent claims extremely well maintained. 

A car of such mileage, would the original owner have done all necessary changes/replacements bye now due to regular maintain schedule with the AD. PLease share if anyone has some knowledge or opinion. Thank you in advance.

Hi Becool, sorry for the late reply, according to your finding, a evoque with 180K mileage needs to be looked at thoroughly, at that mileage, there is a lot of things to look out for, and the list will be too long to type out, as it depends on the previous owner maintaining it properly, if it is coming from agent, then it should be fine. but do look out for the following main concerns,

1) Leaky coolent radiator and reservoir

2) Suspension damper (for magnaride equipped car)

3) Droopy head liner

4) Water pump leakage

5) Engine mounting

6) Drive shaft condition

7) Aircon condenser corrosion

8) Aux gearbox battery failure.

9) aircon compressor wear

10) Cracked hard fuel, vacuum, hydraulic lines

Do PM me if you are really dipping yourself into this wonderful ride.

• Praise 2

Hi @jellyfish and fellow Evoquies,

Since you guys are the veteran here, can i pick your brain on which is a better buy if you are to buy one and why? And any good workshop you will recommend to do a precheck before any purchase? Am just thinking if it is worth paying $2k/yr more deprec for a lower mileage car or save that money upfront for the much higher mileage car, hoping that cars like this are built to last thousands of miles....all advises appreciated :)

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=618414&DL=1013

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=680202&DL=2967

• Praise 1

Hi Becool, sorry for the late reply, according to your finding, a evoque with 180K mileage needs to be looked at thoroughly, at that mileage, there is a lot of things to look out for, and the list will be too long to type out, as it depends on the previous owner maintaining it properly, if it is coming from agent, then it should be fine. but do look out for the following main concerns,

1) Leaky coolent radiator and reservoir

2) Suspension damper (for magnaride equipped car)

3) Droopy head liner

4) Water pump leakage

5) Engine mounting

6) Drive shaft condition

7) Aircon condenser corrosion

8) Aux gearbox battery failure.

9) aircon compressor wear

10) Cracked hard fuel, vacuum, hydraulic lines

Do PM me if you are really dipping yourself into this wonderful ride.

Hi Hi,

Got my evoque 2 weeks ago. 2 yr old with 8 mths warranty left. I enjoy my long drives to work now. LOL.

One thing bugging me is the FC. It shows my driving style is 14L/100km. But full tank barely clocks 450km. That just don't add up.

Anything i am missing here?

I've a 2012 evoque. I get about 450km before the low fuel light comes on; its about 8km per litre. 

The consumption on your evoque is pretty impressive.

My FC is around the same. But the system shows i am avg 13 to 14L/100km. LOL!. Baffled man.

post-14759-0-31114700-1513414975_thumb.jpg

Hi Hi,

Got my evoque 2 weeks ago. 2 yr old with 8 mths warranty left. I enjoy my long drives to work now. LOL.

One thing bugging me is the FC. It shows my driving style is 14L/100km. But full tank barely clocks 450km. That just don't add up.

Anything i am missing here?

My FC is around the same. But the system shows i am avg 13 to 14L/100km. LOL!. Baffled man.

Check your units.
↡ Advertisement