Duragloss Nano Clear Seal vs Optimum Opti-Guard

Maddriver

Mmmm, can share more on nanoglass ceramic compared to Opti-Guard?

I follow this thread and gathered somewhat like opti-guard is adding a complete hard layer above the clear coat/paint while nanoglass is similar to ES?

Hi Jpcc..I would rate OptiGuard and NanoGlass as same cat..The manufacturer for NanoGlass has made it so easy to use for consumer..can be layered and best part is you can still buff it eventhough it dry up..According to manufacturer..it will last as long as any coating out there and i can confirm easy to use to any DIY detailers..u need not worry about difficult to use..

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Bro, how is this nanoglass compared to collinite spray wax mention in the other thread?

Btw, wanna check with you your dg paste wax can be use to Prep and wax? Does it prevent the car from getting dirty n dusty longer? Cos w only AW, 3 day can't make it already.

Thanks!

(edited)

Bro, how is this nanoglass compared to collinite spray wax mention in the other thread?

Btw, wanna check with you your dg paste wax can be use to Prep and wax? Does it prevent the car from getting dirty n dusty longer? Cos w only AW, 3 day can't make it already.

Thanks!

Hi Herme..the NanoGlass is more of a coating..The manufactuer has specially made it for consumers rather professional application only..The best part it can be layered like as sealant or wax..Quite different comparing to Collinite as a wax..

Generally waxes may attract more dust then a sealant..depending on your taste on the finishes..If you want less dust..slap on a layer of 522..Is anti-static..I know some who wanted the best of both world..They premixed 20% of 951 and 80 % 522 QD..

For prep..go with 101..501 or 652..Different between them?? 652 is not an AIO..It cleans very well and less slightly abrasive in it..Does not protect like the other 2.. [;)]

Edited by Maddriver

Any prep + wax formula?

You can have a 501 or 101 as prep..Cleans thoroughly before any sealant or wax..with a good prep..You get the best result from them..Shine..last and protection..I tried and is proven..without a good bond..no matter how durable your wax or sealant..they will just fade off within a week..And prep is not just a shampoo or clay..if you are hardcore enough..give a solid workout..try this..It will last you quite awhile before your next polishes..

1. wash with a detergent..dawn or mm lemon...Give you a metal streaking feel after that..

2. clay- whatever a shampoo may not remove..clay will help...

3. Polish with 101 or 501 - You notice your applicator turns black..Not to worry..This is good..this show they cleans...

4. wash again with detergent - you strip off any solvent or oil left from your polishes..

5. Grab one rubbing alcohol..Guardian or watson will have..75% rating..good enough..It gives u a extremely cleaned surface..

6. Slap on a layer of 105 total paint sealant..Enviro-shield or trackclaw..

7. As for subsequent maintenance..a quick detailer or aquawax will do..

You may just need to repeat step 1 to 6 every 3 months or so..Again..alot also depends where the car is parked most of the time..

Neutral Newbie

Bro Benny,

Have you tried permanon? How is this new product compared to permanon?

Allow me to kpo abit.

I had tried the permanon, steps taken were wash, clay, polish, wash with Dawn detergent and application of permanon.

The result, good after application (like all wax and sealant) BUT it could not last 1 week of rainy Singapore.

Works more like a quick detailer rather than any coating of lasting protection.

DG Aquawax might even out perform it.

Just my own observation.

Cheers

Edited by Eeee78

Allow me to kpo abit.

I had tried the permanon, steps taken were wash, clay, polish, wash with Dawn detergent and application of permanon.

The result, good after application (like all wax and sealant) BUT it could not last 1 week of rainy Singapore.

Works more like a quick detailer rather than any coating of lasting protection.

DG Aquawax might even out perform it.

Just my own observation.

Cheers

I'm impressed by the way the water sheets off the windows after applying permanon.

Have you tried using permanon w/o applying wax or sealant? Cos the instructions is only 2 steps. Shampoo and apply permanon.

Neutral Newbie

My neighbour brought the package to try. Like a quick detailer or no rinse wash, need to mix with water.

Observation: Very oily and it can't remove any stubborn stains, I had to use DG501 to polish and apply. Not very lasting. Good water beading just as a wax or a sealant. Most forummers in other country say is more of a detailer or sealant. Came across in another forum someone challenge to put it on a durability test with the rest of coatings in the market but no news. -_-

Just my and my neighbour observation.

My neighbour brought the package to try. Like a quick detailer or no rinse wash, need to mix with water.

Observation: Very oily and it can't remove any stubborn stains, I had to use DG501 to polish and apply. Not very lasting. Good water beading just as a wax or a sealant. Most forummers in other country say is more of a detailer or sealant. Came across in another forum someone challenge to put it on a durability test with the rest of coatings in the market but no news. -_-

Just my and my neighbour observation.

Can I apply my liquid wax to the windows for similar effects?

Neutral Newbie

I'm impressed by the way the water sheets off the windows after applying permanon.

Have you tried using permanon w/o applying wax or sealant? Cos the instructions is only 2 steps. Shampoo and apply permanon.

Same as you, I was sold when I see the water sheeting effect upon fresh application.

But the duration of the effect lasted turn me off.

Same as you, I was sold when I see the water sheeting effect upon fresh application.

But the duration of the effect lasted turn me off.

It fits the bill but it just doesn't last. For the price that we pay and effects that last for a week under harsh condition...it's gonna burn a hold in my pocket. Haven't seen other window cleaning agent that has the same effect.