Duragloss Nano Clear Seal vs Optimum Opti-Guard

Maddriver

(edited)

My 2 cents if I may, have only used it on light colors (white and silver).

Prep procedure is similar for both products.

I personally find Nano Clear more user friendly as it gives more "feedback" during application, its also more forgiving. OC 1.0 cures within an hour and you discover a streak after that, the only way to remove it is to repeat prep and application procedure on entire panel.

As for durability, its still too early to tell as its only been couple of weeks since I applied Nano Clear on the other car.

OC 1.0 has been on my white car below for a year and water is still sheeting off surface like day one, car is parked outdoors all the tie.

Edited by Garlic
↡ Advertisement

Some comparisson going on....

OC hazes in the heat on dark colors?

Interesting finding, might be worth the effort starting a discuss at OPT's tech forum.

Neutral Newbie

Hi just check with you before applying opti coat 2.0 need to polish our car first?? If I feel not satisfy the result can I remove it using what kind of product?

How does DG and opti compare against this new thing called permanon and recently w permanon gloss enhancer?

Newbie to detailing.. Advice greatly appreciated.

Hi just check with you before applying opti coat 2.0 need to polish our car first?? If I feel not satisfy the result can I remove it using what kind of product?

Hi..if you wish to remove this coating..a buffing machine with cutting compound will remove it

How does DG and opti compare against this new thing called permanon and recently w permanon gloss enhancer?

Hi yixiang..i am sorry that i cant provide you any information or comments.on the products you mentioned..you can try to google..there should be some info and answers for your questions. Try this www.autopia.org

There are a couple of reviews on page 3.

Neutral Newbie

I had tried the Permanon before.

I will give it a miss, the DG 951 works better IMHO in terms of application method.

Neutral Newbie

Permanon is not in the same league, glossy easy to apply but not very permanent. forgive the pun. Price disproportionately expensive for the length of coverage. Got free bottle to give away.

Anyone can comment on the durability of the Duragloss Nano glass?

had test it on my bike last year when bro benny brought in the sample.... till date, haven't polish but the shine and looks is definitely still there :)

This is the very first VW POLO when Opticoat landed.. The car was prep and coated by the owner aka Garlic in mcf too :D ..It lasted more than a year and is still going strong..