Front vibrate when going highspeed when brake and...

Tom_kkh

When i go above 110km/h, i brake, the steering vibrate, low speed like 80-100 no such problem. whts wrong, wheel balancing?

also nowadays, in the morning, when i start the car, the brake will give a onnnnn onnnn sound when moving straight without me applying the brakes. simi taichi ar? it goes off after a while...

↡ Advertisement

When i go above 110km/h, i brake, the steering vibrate, low speed like 80-100 no such problem. whts wrong, wheel balancing?

also nowadays, in the morning, when i start the car, the brake will give a onnnnn onnnn sound when moving straight without me applying the brakes. simi taichi ar? it goes off after a while...

Should be wheel balancing. As for the sound...it applies to me on most morning leh. I'm immune to it. [:p]

Tom_kkh: From what I know, it is mainly due to the lack of these:

- Wheel balancing (to provide an even weight all round)

- High speed balancing (if steering wheel vibrate at higher speed)

However, if vibration only appears during braking, there is a possibility that your rotors have warped (uneven surface).

Tom_kkh: From what I know, it is mainly due to the lack of these:

- Wheel balancing (to provide an even weight all round)

- High speed balancing (if steering wheel vibrate at higher speed)

However, if vibration only appears during braking, there is a possibility that your rotors have warped (uneven surface).

Bro...Agreed. You are right on the rotors issue. [thumbsup]

It is rotor brake disc got warped behavior. It happens on high speed on steering virbation. You may have workshop to skim the disc for you.

If you only experience the vibrations when braking at speeds your brake rotor is unevenly worn. U need replacements or have the rotors sent for lathe skimming if its not too bad and the rotor thickness still good.

i had the same problem witht eh onnnn onnnn sound too...

did u have your brake pads changed?

my WS reason to me was because the pad is too close against and will be fine after a while...

but honestly now after 1 month the sound is gone

i had the same problem witht eh onnnn onnnn sound too...

did u have your brake pads changed?

my WS reason to me was because the pad is too close against and will be fine after a while...

but honestly now after 1 month the sound is gone

no its old brakes. think mostly like most broi say, the rotor problem.... dono can claim under warranty a not.... will get it check tomorrow

hijack this tread for a question, ps ts....

just collected my ride after servicing ytd, ws told me my front brake pads worn out, so i agreed to change. similar to ts case, my steering wheel vibrated when brake around 90-80kph, but it is intermittent..... notice that harder braking (no very hard, as breaking in in process...) no issue, light braking vibrate furiously (but not all the time)...... no such problem before servicing......

any sifus here got any advice??? anyway will be going back to ws again tmr..... wasting time.....

I had similar issues before, normal drive steering vibrating on and off, vibrates alot during braking, check to see if your brake rotors have uneven marks as mine was somehow scratched badly by the brake pad which came loose!

From what I know is that if changed to performance brake pads....some stock rotor cannot tahan the grip...will eventually get uneven or so. That's why some car owners choosed to change rotors and brakes to performance type or stick everything to stock.

My car also got the vibration during braking.

I think it's the rotor not smooth.

Don't know can claim warranty or not......brake rotor consider wear and tear item.

My car also got the vibration during braking.

I think it's the rotor not smooth.

Don't know can claim warranty or not......brake rotor consider wear and tear item.

If not wrong...Rotor I think can....but as usual lah....AD will start telling grandfather stories when comes to claiming. I ever heard of people claiming but forgot what brand of cars liao.

I claim once before with disc rotor as when it is new one. After 10kkm, it start to virbate at high speed during braking. As this is 2.4 liter car and heavier abit, the AD start to refuse changing.. after kept compaining, then they change free for you. Normally it shall last longer. As I know many ppl complaining due to inferior rotor disc from Thailand mfg. I drove japan made model, it works well without the problem. So keep complaining if it is new one and from AD, they will eventually change for you.

Also remember, after long hour drive and brake, never send your car for washing.. if you can see the steam come out when the cleaner spray the water on it. It will deform the rotor disc with warpages... then the problem comes again.

↡ Advertisement