Infiniti FX

Sforester

Test drove the infiniti fx today. Solid and menacing looking machine, 21" wheels, very pretty interior. Dashboard, A-pillar and roof (pretty much almost 80% of interior) wrapped with leather and sunroof is standard. Absolute no complaints about the standard options and features. Well, the car looks heavy and it is heavy, and the good thing is that it armed with a V6 3.6L (NA). The 5.0L would be the perfect companion for the bulk, but raod tax would be a killer.The only complaint I have is the small boot for such a 'big' car. Two golf bags (perhaps need to take out drivers) and tops... Price at 228K without COE.
Well, some may say it is up-scaled version of Nissan, just Acura of Honda and Lexus of Toyota. One of the great-looking and good-driving SUV (more like Crossover) that I have driven. Funny thing is while i was test driving and trying to test the pick-up speed, an idiotic Type R really steps on his gas, 'picking up the challenge'. I did not even realize the R-s--t was beside me (you sit tall and well protected in a FX), and there he sprang out, stepped on it, straining the engine, and overtaking me where there is clearly no need to do that. The only negative of the day... I could done him with my personal ride on the straight stretch. Anyway, very nice looking FX. Costly though. Would still give it a 2 cents though.

↡ Advertisement

It will only appeal to enthusiast.

Just like the Holden. Seldom seen on the road.

People see a low end E-class will give more respect to the driver...compared to a high end Nissan.

That's the fact of life in Singapore. Don't compare to overseas or blame the discrimination. It's how it works here.

That's the same reason why just a single model like 5series and Eclass can outsell Lexus entire range of cars in Singapore!

Japanese luxury cars....wait long long.

Even the report from china proved that they prefer German cars compared to locally made cheaper cars.

Infinity may open soon....and TS is just using all forums to spin interest in the car....but truth be told.....for the price of $230k.....most Singaporeans will get a low end German car!!!

People see a low end E-class will give more respect to the driver...compared to a high end Nissan.

That's the fact of life in Singapore. Don't compare to overseas or blame the discrimination. It's how it works here.

That's the same reason why just a single model like 5series and Eclass can outsell Lexus entire range of cars in Singapore!

Even the report from china proved that they prefer German cars compared to locally made cheaper cars.

Infinity may open soon....and TS is just using all forums to spin interest in the car....but truth be told.....for the price of $230k.....most Singaporeans will get a low end German car!!!

I agree with your comment, for a similar amount of money, most Singapore will buy German brands. S$ 230k can get a decent German car not a low end model.

IMHO .... I consider Lexus, Infinity and Acura to be glorified and better insulated Toyota, Nissan and Acura locally. The only reason that I will choose these three brands is for it's reliability but I doubt the Japs can match the German for the drivability and character that a German car has.

The appeal of big engine cars in Singapore is limited.

If it can sell...we would have seen more 1.5 Jazz, 2.0 Altis, 2.4 Camry, or even IS350 or GS450.

You see...even Lexus knows their high end big engine luxury cars are not saleable and never bring it in.

$230K can get a used porky. why do i want a nissan?

Only you have no taste or no class.

Heck, I'll take the Porker anyday [laugh]

True.. Buy already don't dare tell your relatives about the price, because they will laugh at you behind your back for buying an overpriced, overglamourised Nissan!

For the same amount of money, buy a decent German car and be the envy of your relatives at CNY [cool]

$230K can get a used porky. why do i want a nissan?

Some ppl like to be diff from the rest, unique n one n only. But X6 is nicer to me.

Turbocharged

Only you have no taste or no class.

Heck, I'll take the Porker anyday [laugh]

Unless its a GTR. the latest model is dawn solid!! [thumbsup]

Saw this car a few weeks back at ION.

My 1st reaction after seeing the logo is "WAH! Cherry makes such nice car!!!!"

Then saw the brand Infiniti. [laugh][laugh]

A Malaysian X6 happened to park there as well. I thought the Infiniti FX370 looks better.

Its purely pricing issue and road tax... Nothing to do with its affiliation with Nissan.

Saw a couple of Inifinitis in China, looks gorgeous and 1 look inside-out and you call tell it got some class.

(edited)

FYi - Inifiniti has already opened to test drive, albeit the official opening. Gave a call to showroom, and was given the chance to test drove it the minute I reached the entrance (perhaps a coincidence) without hassles. I have worked in the States for a couple of years and sights of up-scaled Jap brands like Infiniti, Acura and Lexus are common over there. In fact, Jap bread-and-butter Camry was the best selling sedan in States some 6 years back. I believe Murano is one example that had been around for about 1- 2 years in States before it was brought over (because my neighbour over there owned it). I start the thread to comment on this car, and not to instigate purchase of this car. Holy macaroni...

Infact, apple to apple comparison with bimmers and infiniti models fetches about the same price in US. Exclude about the M series. But of course, lets not bring the concept of US car market to local scene.

There are more to likes of already-most-talked about brands like beemers, benz, lexus, etc... Similar platforms of X5 and Rx450 are inevitable, but latter models are pricier... X6 is a different breed again (not sure why this is brought up though)...Again, it is an unorthodox car with power-packed features and very nice drive.

Civic6228, you should only doubt the drivability and character when you have a go at all of them. Well, I did and perhaps you did. The Infiniti may perhaps lack the sellability and 'punch' of X5 (usual comparison used), but won over interior and unorthodox-but-nicely-designed and its less expensive. Over Lexus SUVs, i still personally pick Fx maybe because of quirky design and options.

Again , of course, price and short ownership lifespan is always of practicality in local scene. I do agree to certain extent.

Edited by Sforester

I personally feel that Infiniti will sell, solely for the looks, and the rarity that it'll provide, as compared to the too commonly seen E-Class, S-Class, 7-Series and 5-Series.

I'm pretty sure their sedans will sell even better =)

If need to spend a quarter million dollar....of course must get one that others will envy.

That is why I said only enthusiasts will buy such cars, because they care about personal driving comfort over others opinion.

This is still Singapore.....haiz....image is everything.

FYi - Inifiniti has already opened to test drive, albeit the official opening. Gave a call to showroom, and was given the chance to test drove it the minute I reached the entrance (perhaps a coincidence) without hassles. I have worked in the States for a couple of years and sights of up-scaled Jap brands like Infiniti, Acura and Lexus are common over there. In fact, Jap bread-and-butter Camry was the best selling sedan in States some 6 years back. I believe Murano is one example that had been around for about 1- 2 years in States before it was brought over (because my neighbour over there owned it). I start the thread to comment on this car, and not to instigate purchase of this car. Holy macaroni...

Infact, apple to apple comparison with bimmers and infiniti models fetches about the same price in US. Exclude about the M series. But of course, lets not bring the concept of US car market to local scene.

There are more to likes of already-most-talked about brands like beemers, benz, lexus, etc... Similar platforms of X5 and Rx450 are inevitable, but latter models are pricier... X6 is a different breed again (not sure why this is brought up though)...Again, it is an unorthodox car with power-packed features and very nice drive.

Civic6228, you should only doubt the drivability and character when you have a go at all of them. Well, I did and perhaps you did. The Infiniti may perhaps lack the sellability and 'punch' of X5 (usual comparison used), but won over interior and unorthodox-but-nicely-designed and its less expensive. Over Lexus SUVs, i still personally pick Fx maybe because of quirky design and options.

Again , of course, price and short ownership lifespan is always of practicality in local scene. I do agree to certain extent.

My current and previous cars are both Germans and I have never owned a high end Jap before. However, I have been driven in a Lexus GS300, if I have a choice, I will choose a E or 5 series over the GS any time.

I have owned a 1.5 M B14 Nissan Sunny before and I am pretty happy it. But when I drove the N16 Sunny on the NSHW, I was damn disappointed. I would like to try the high end Nissan one day and maybe I will have a different opinion.

I saw the Inifinity Fx in Taiwan and I must say that it looks good.

In Singapore, at that price level, most locals would still go for the three luxury brands in Merc, BMW and Audi. Lexus is getting there and Infinity may get there one day ....

It will only sell if its priced competitively to other jap marques if Wearnes is going to priced it to the likes of BMW, Merc and Audi its not going reach out to the slect clientele they're aiming at.

Even Lexus brings in their lower CC cars into SG as their mass market competitors such as is250 and they price it competitively to 3 series and C class...

with a 3.7 litre rd tax its gonna appeal to enthusiast here in SG and even though Infiniti has quirky gd looks and gd build quality so does Lexus and other luxe brands.

I suspect the 230k wo/COE is juz a mkt gimmick if there is a serious buyer cfm have high discounts or high overtade just like Lexus.

Most prob its gonna sell at 230k with COE at end of the day when they find the pick up rate of Infinit is slow...

↡ Advertisement