Internet Explorer users have lower IQs: study

Kelpie

the majority of internet users use IE. As such, developers, as a fundamental, must make sure their websites and other applications must work with IE. So in deciding what to use for the enterprise, IE would be a good decision.

I myself am using Firefox, and have used Chrome prior to this. But I sometimes have problems using critical applications like paypal or other banking applications. My first step would be to try using IE instead, and this usually works. Not to say that IE is better, but just that developers have to ensure compatibility with IE on the get-go.

So I think the enterprise decision is different from personal use, whether or not this study is a hoax...

P.S. While the other browsers usually perform faster than IE, I believe IE has also been consistently been found to be a more secure browser. Another strong decision factor for the enterprise...

fast browers in today context is changing by the mins now. just 2 month ago, latest version of IE is declare the faster. now with latest Firefox outday, its firefox again.. next month we will see chrome... then IE, then firefox....

it will just keep changing. :wacko:

↡ Advertisement

I'd like to see the same survey done on Iphone... :D :D

you will likely get the result that ppl using WM6.5 and Lower end Andriod user are stupier :D

and iphone have the highest IQ. much like safari user got higher IQ.

Turbocharged

you will likely get the result that ppl using WM6.5 and Lower end Andriod user are stupier :D

and iphone have the highest IQ. much like safari user got higher IQ.

i beg to differ...the finding will says iphone user are mostly lower IQ cause nothing much can do with iphone, it's either can or cannot, apple determine everything but winmo6.5 and below users are genius cause they have to do so many tweaking to make sure it doesnt hang, stable and faster.. [laugh]

i beg to differ...the finding will says iphone user are mostly lower IQ cause nothing much can do with iphone, it's either can or cannot, apple determine everything but winmo6.5 and below users are genius cause they have to do so many tweaking to make sure it doesnt hang, stable and faster.. [laugh]

that i called is stupidity to the max. cause better time can be spend in making more money. [laugh] (unless of course if its their hobby.)

Anyway, its likely a apple fans that trying this hoax. [laugh] notice how safari have High IQ?? [laugh] [laugh]

Edited by Joseph22

Using Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) to browse the web? Your IQ score is likely to be lower than someone using Firefox, Chrome, Safari or Opera.

A new study published by online psychometric testing company AptiQuant Psychometric Consulting Co. has found that a user's choice of web browser is related to their cognitive ability.

"There was a clear indication...that the subjects using any version of Internet Explorer ranked significantly lower on an average than others," said Aptiquant. Out of all the IE versions, "subjects using IE 8 [fared] a little better."

People using Opera, Camino and IE with Chrome Frame scored slightly higher than their not-so-bright Internet Explorer-using friends, suggesting that people with a lower IQ "tend to resist a change/upgrade of their browsers."

"There was no significant difference in the IQ scores between individuals using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Apple's Safari; however, it was on an average higher than IE users," said Apitiquant.

More than 100,000 people in USA, Canada, UK, Australia and New Zealand took the online Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale (IV) test in the space of four weeks and their IQ scores were correlated with their browser choice for the study.

Haha......now I know why all these years I am making less than 10k a month....becoz i got low IQ....lol

I got low IQ till somewhere around 2009 while using IE. Then my IQ increase a little when I start to use chrome.. So I wanna to increase more, do I convert Safari?

been using chrome for its fast speed and browsing since it came out..safari also not too bad..but chrome clearly takes the cake [thumbsup]

latest firefox update to version 13. over took chrome liao... (supposingly)

statistically. but hor.. now the different very minimum...

Edited by Joseph22

latest firefox update to version 13. over took chrome liao... (supposingly)

statistically. but hor.. now the different very minimum...

So this is what the smart people of the world using now?

Used those so-called "smart" people browsers before, still prefer IE though. It WORKS...that's what's important. Why throw a spanner into something that's functioning perfectly for my needs?

Maybe I'm just dumb...

basically, all Browser look and function almost the same liao.

very much like HP. all look similar.

I've been using Safari for a while, don't find them any much better than IE.

The study was taken from Yahoo! News.

Regards,

I've been using Safari for a while, don't find them any much better than IE.

The study was taken from Yahoo! News.

Regards,

Safari is crap.

The study is a hoax, as another bro mentioned first (I didn't realise at first). This is too new to have been "Snoped" but the architect of the hoax himself has blown the whistle. Read all about it here: http://www.aptiquant.com/

Nowadays, even mainstream news sites don't bother to double-check their sources. So caveat emptor is a good maxim to abide by, even when reading the news.

The hoaxster has put forth his reasons, but I don't agree with them. And if he'd done an actual study and published the results, that would've been fine. But doing what he did to cast aspersions on Microsoft - well, I hope he gets sued. Maybe that'll teach him a lesson in ethics.

Neutral Newbie

At work, I use IE and Nokia.

In Personal, I use Safari/Firefox and iPhone.

Where's my IQ level like dat?

Edited by Jillietta

i have been a chrome supporter until i came to my new company.

I use company PC for modeling work, don't want to install anymore software in case slow down the PC.

Hence, IE is good enough for me.

So doesn't matter if people label me me lower IQ, I know what I am doing.

So I guess I'm not affected; my stupidity fr still usin ie cancelled off by usin safari in iPad.

Wat nonsense... N to think some indirectly implyin they have hi iq lol...

↡ Advertisement