Used Garmin GPS - Sell or Keep?

Dogbert1973

I have a Garmin Nuvi 610, and recently installed a 2 din Headunit with integrated GPS in my car

now have no use for my Nuvi 610. Was thinking of selling it, but I know won't get much back for it

Has anyone found alternate uses for their handheld GPS besides driving in Singapore?

I wonder can you use it while travelling overseas on holiday while you walking around shopping for example?

or hiking in the jungle for example Mt Ophir etc..?

↡ Advertisement

Can you tear out your HU and lug it along on your holidays when you intend to rent a car and drive?

Does that answer your question?

I have a Garmin Nuvi 610, and recently installed a 2 din Headunit with integrated GPS in my car

now have no use for my Nuvi 610. Was thinking of selling it, but I know won't get much back for it

Has anyone found alternate uses for their handheld GPS besides driving in Singapore?

I wonder can you use it while travelling overseas on holiday while you walking around shopping for example?

I can buy at $ 20.

The obsolete Nuvi 610 is worth not more than $100 or could even be much lesser.... but, hey, hold on. What GPS map is your 2 din headunit using? As far as GPS that comes with a car audio device is concerned, in many cases the map is lousy and update is almost non-existant unless the device is using Garmin map. So far, only Kenwood set incorporate Garmin GPS and possibly Pioneer too, the last I heard. Once you start using your GPS from the 2 din headunit, you will realise how good or rather how bad the map could be compared to Garmin. So, don't ditch your 610 now until you are satisfied with the new GPS device and its map support.

Edited by Redstorm

Neutral Newbie

Im looking for used (255w or similar) or new Garmin gps. If u have, I might consider it.

PM me

any idea how much a new Garmin 255w cost?

↡ Advertisement