OWS Uber Power NA Racing Engine Oil

Mikeyeo

Dear Friends, I initiated on the said topic and have managed to trace the person named Gordon in Singapore who handles the OWS engine product and told him the problems I faced such as engine sound harsh and high fuel consumption when using the OWS engine flush and OWS Uber Power NA Racing Engine Oil.

He explained to me that the engine oil is specially formulated for car owners who like to rev their engine and drive hard.

After knowing that I am a lighted footed driver and my driving style, this Gordon told me that the workshop boss should have recommended me OWS 5W-30 synthetic engine oil instead of OWS Uber Power NA Racing Engine Oil. Besides, the OWS 5W-30 synthetic engine oil is even cheaper and more appropriate for my needs.

Well, he admitted that many workshop owners only know how to push products without first checking with the customer on his/her driving style and requirements.

Initially, I had wanted to bring my car back to the workshop and tell the boss on the problems I faced when using the Uber Power NA Racing Engine Oil but did not because the boss has deceived me into believing that a product that he sold was the brand that I wanted. He even wrote down the brand that I wanted in the Invoice receipt. As my guts feeling told me that the product he sold me is not the genuine one that I wanted, I wrote to the manufacturer with a photo of the product and sought their clarification.

After receiving the manufacturer's email confirming that the product is not manufactured by them, I brought the product back to the boss and demanded an explanation for deceiving a customer and showed him the manufacturer's email including his company Invoice receipt. Though the boss told me that he would obtain the actual one to replace with the one that he sold me in 2 days time as he needed to get the product, I told him that I have loss trust in him and demanded a refund. Initially he refused to refund me the money and after I told him that I would make a complaint with CASE against him, he reluctantly agreed.

Luckily, I took action by replacing the engine oil immediately as otherwise, my car engine performance might be affected.

Anyway, it's a lesson that I have learned and that is to stick to one workshop which I have regularly patronised whose boss is knowledgeable, trustworthy and honest.

hello..do you mean that the workshop give you an oil that is not OWS but claim that it is? What photo is it? Photo of the EO tin? [:/]

↡ Advertisement

Just to share my personal experience with OWS oil. Was recommend by workshop to use OWS NA Racing on my Mark X, and car felt sluggish, totally unlike redline, amsoil, shell ultra, mobil engine oil I've used before. There is no rating unlike the usual engine oil which really puzzles me.

Later on, I tried OWS Ecolight 5W30 on my Swift Sport, this time the experience is totally different. It felt normal up to 10000km when I replaced it, with Ecolight again. In fact, the second oil change, the engine idling seems quieter.

I think we just need to be careful when selecting the Engine Oil. Best is to listen to people who are driving similar cars and have tried anbd tested before.

Well, my 2 cents worth.

Dear Friends, I initiated on the said topic and have managed to trace the person named Gordon in Singapore who handles the OWS engine product and told him the problems I faced such as engine sound harsh and high fuel consumption when using the OWS engine flush and OWS Uber Power NA Racing Engine Oil.

He explained to me that the engine oil is specially formulated for car owners who like to rev their engine and drive hard.

After knowing that I am a lighted footed driver and my driving style, this Gordon told me that the workshop boss should have recommended me OWS 5W-30 synthetic engine oil instead of OWS Uber Power NA Racing Engine Oil. Besides, the OWS 5W-30 synthetic engine oil is even cheaper and more appropriate for my needs.

Well, he admitted that many workshop owners only know how to push products without first checking with the customer on his/her driving style and requirements.

Initially, I had wanted to bring my car back to the workshop and tell the boss on the problems I faced when using the Uber Power NA Racing Engine Oil but did not because the boss has deceived me into believing that a product that he sold was the brand that I wanted. He even wrote down the brand that I wanted in the Invoice receipt. As my guts feeling told me that the product he sold me is not the genuine one that I wanted, I wrote to the manufacturer with a photo of the product and sought their clarification.

After receiving the manufacturer's email confirming that the product is not manufactured by them, I brought the product back to the boss and demanded an explanation for deceiving a customer and showed him the manufacturer's email including his company Invoice receipt. Though the boss told me that he would obtain the actual one to replace with the one that he sold me in 2 days time as he needed to get the product, I told him that I have loss trust in him and demanded a refund. Initially he refused to refund me the money and after I told him that I would make a complaint with CASE against him, he reluctantly agreed.

Luckily, I took action by replacing the engine oil immediately as otherwise, my car engine performance might be affected.

Anyway, it's a lesson that I have learned and that is to stick to one workshop which I have regularly patronised whose boss is knowledgeable, trustworthy and honest.

Thanks for your sharing Mike. [wave]

We just have to be more careful with these people nowadays.

What grade is the racing oil.?If it is 10w60,it is too thick for small CC cars,will have less power.

OWS NA Racing oil had no grade.

What grade is the racing oil.?If it is 10w60,it is too thick for small CC cars,will have less power.

Hi ER-3682, I have written to the manufacturer in Germany and their Mr Klaus Bosshammer confirmed that both their NA Racing and Turbo engine oil do not have any SAE rating.

I have another high performance German made car which I am driving and checked with the service personnel. They told me that NA Racing engine oil is only suitable for those who are into hard driving, heavy footed on the throttle and like to rev their engine rpm high.

Neutral Newbie

Hi everyone, sorry to revive this thread and hijacking, but has any gurus here used the OWS Multilight 5W40 rating? Tried searching for this topic within the forum and did not find much useful info on it. Also just wondering why I see more people recommending brands like Mobil, Shell, Amsoil and Redline instead? Is OWS really an oil brand that should be avoided? Thanks for reading, cheers.

Neutral Newbie

Hi bro, I had used the OWS multilingual for 2 oil changes and so far so good..engine seems quiet..driving lancer cs3.. :)

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for your feedback bro. Have you tried any other brands of EO with different ratings as well?

Neutral Newbie

Hello guys. Since this ows oils mentioned, I'll like to share my experience. My humble opinion nothing against them, to me this ows oil brand is practically unheard of anywhere in the world. Tried Google them and their Germany office. Found nothing. Basically i think its some locally produce product founded by some German guy who set up shop here. Don't be fooled by their claims. Why pay so much for something u don't know. I'll stick to the mainstream brands. Made in Germany, i don't think so. [laugh]

Turbocharged

Can someone in Germany go to their usual car workshops or supermarkets to see if OWS is selling there??

A long time ago when I was a kid, I went to France tour with my family. Then asked my parents, "how come i don't find any delifrance outlets here?" :D

↡ Advertisement