Chao tar smell coming in form aircon during high revs

Jujitsuka

hi Bros,

any advice to regards to the above mentioned situation? when it rev to 3.5k rpm will have this smell?

my frds say need to flush my engine... Is it true?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

could be due for oil change or oil leakage causing burning smell on other engine components~

whichever u still need a workshop check~

if its aircon issue, consider a compressor change liao~

Neutral Newbie

Only during high revs?

My guess is carbon soot smell. Experienced before with my car..

ur car has got more then 70k mileage?

Edited by Serag15

hi Bros,

any advice to regards to the above mentioned situation? when it rev to 3.5k rpm will have this smell?

ever drove a sibei lok (quite a new car actually, just that nvr maintain properly) estima years ago, also got chao tah smell whenever i revved. The owner changed the whole tranny few weeks later. all the best to you.

hi Bros,

i also got chao tar smell from my car when i high rev... thats redline all 1st.. 2nd.. 3rd... 4th hardly red line... then 5th mission impossible to redline...

sure confirm have chao tar smell...

but seriously my experience tells me cars which hardly high rev (eg. grandma's car)... when ever drive hard abit only sure smthing smells burnt... could be so many things.. the dust in the engine.. the pads.. the brakes... the etc....

Only during high revs?

Ya smells like soot smell... Will it be ok if i juz flushed my engine?

hi Bros,

hey hey hey , last time my new daihatsu auto 1.3 sirion same problem if rev from 0-90, thick plastic burnt smell, some say its tyre smell cos not season, i think its to do with the cheapskate engine & tranny

Only during high revs?

My ride decarbonized at 50k mileage and it's now 100k. Plastic burnt smell during high revs and I have consulted more than 3 workshops and nobody knows how to solve the problem, sighs~~~

your engine may be leaking oil at the front gaskets

i change my oil 5k internals... always check the engine for leaks... even put news papaer beneath oevernite... no gasket leaks...

wah lau...

everyone here you all serious anot?...

i have whacked/trashed numurous cars... you whack to the redline non-stop for awhile SURE got abit of burning smell whatever ever car lah...

some makes are better quality built so sound proofing better which means the smell less likely to get in cabin...

PERIOD... :wacko:

and pls engine flushing is NOT going to get rid if this problem which is not even a problem...

*faints*

Neutral Newbie

It is only during REALLY EXTREME CASES that the high rev cause the smell. When I mean extreme cases, I'm talking about track conditions and cases at the blink of engine failure which I can quite safely assume is not the case for you.

Typically, the smell is caused by 3 things (excluding the cases above) from cheapest to most expensive

1) Dirty Air System (ie, A/C system is contaminated with dirt and/or bacterial)

Solutions:

a) Remove any air or smell purifiers you are currently using for at least a month to see if causes residue to be left behind in the A/C system.

b) Change your A/C (pollen) filter

c) Put Pandan Leaves & Charcoal in the car to absorb as much of the smell as possible

d) Use A/C hygiene spray to purge the air system.

2) Clogged A/C discharge pipe

a) Unless you know where it is, how to do it and have the right tools like a compressor, get your mechanic to purge the discharge pipe. It is often stuck causing a build-up of water and thus the rotting smell.

3) Contaminated Compressor

a) Often, residue from air purifiers (cheapo ones and those not suitable for cars) get stuck there along with tons of other nonsense. Pending on the model of your car, this may cost quite a bit but may be worth it in the long run as excessive dirt may lead to pre-mature failures.

Try out the first before the other 2 as, from experience, it solves 60% of the cases within a month or so. Hope this helps.

Neutral Newbie

My latio sometimes also have similar smell only during hard acc around 3k rpm. sent to TC and let them test. but during test drive didn't have such smell.

I guess it is the clutch, maybe it is slipping during hard rev. Although my latio is cvt, there is also a clutch.

Neutral Newbie

My latio sometimes also have similar smell only during hard acc around 3k rpm. sent to TC and let them test. but during test drive didn't have such smell.

I guess it is the clutch, maybe it is slipping during hard rev. Although my latio is cvt, there is also a clutch.

Unless it's REALLY BAD, most of the time the smell is due to the aircon (please also check that the A/C is at internal mode, the picture of a car with a circular arrow INSIDE the car and NOT external, picture of a car with arrow pointing from outside to inside of the car.

Anywaz, from experience, the A/C compressor of the Latio (especially the older models) seems to be their "weak point". My aircon man replace an average of 3 a month...

hi Bros,

Check if any of yr belts r slipping?

↡ Advertisement