Seeking Help from Inexperienced Driver

Acertey

Hi bro, thanks for your response especially for suggesting autodynamac, i'll try to give them a call to access the damage.

In fact all my servicing are done on time as in 10,000km, so far the oils that i used are pretty reputable. Such as Amsoil, Shell Helix, OWS etc.

Petrol wise, 99% in singapore on a 95 SPC. Ocassionally in JB if i go. but last pump in JB is about last year.

go eddie there... this guy is very good lor.. can pin point the problem... he diagnose many fit/jazz/city... and he drove 1 also.. remember to tell him what u have done...

BTW, dont use hmmf.. cvtf and oil extreme is good enough... way overkill if u do it every 20k..which is what i practicing now.. [laugh]

normally u can opt to replace 1 instead of 3 at 1 time... the other 2 are harder to break down... apart from the one near gb (the one below battery)

as for your hissing sound.. i cant comment much...

↡ Advertisement

Hi bro, thanks for your response especially for suggesting autodynamac, i'll try to give them a call to access the damage.

In fact all my servicing are done on time as in 10,000km, so far the oils that i used are pretty reputable. Such as Amsoil, Shell Helix, OWS etc.

Petrol wise, 99% in singapore on a 95 SPC. Ocassionally in JB if i go. but last pump in JB is about last year.

no problem with that.. i pump 95 or 97... also can run.. [laugh] just remember to change ur fuel filter every 40k..

Thanks brothers.

1 more curious thought cos i felt suspension also getting pretty bouncy recently especially when go over hump. Can poor suspension contribute to vibration while on the road and cause FC impact? Lolz, i starting to be a complain king, maybe should consider a new ride...

nope.. depends.. idsi suspension is more bouncing 'soft' compare to vtec version... so if u sit on one... must look for the correct variants.. [:p]

beside that, u can check for leakage, by shining thru wheels or stand at the side of the rim.. in a position u can press ur fenders.. if the bounce is more than 2x... most likely is gone... [;)]

Hi,

You mentioned juddering at idle as well, so you can rule gearbox problem out.

Might be...

1) spark plug misfire

2) clogged fuel filter

3) faulty fuel pump

I would check these 3 first.

Good luck.

thanks guys for the plenty of advise.

I found another power house mechanic, and diagnose with the following:

Idle Car Juddering = Engine Vibration, Bayonnet Vibration, Car rocking front and back during travelling = Engine Mounting

1st Gear Move Off Juddering, and all other gears judering = Gear Box Problem

Other problems i found

Suspension X 4 Kong liao...

Solution

Change all Engine Mounting as those not break already under pressure, potentially will give way;

1st Gear move off juddering, try out oil extreme, if cannot then probably need gear box overhaul;

Suspension, absorber give way. Change out, wear and tear problem...

thanks guys for the plenty of advise.

I found another power house mechanic, and diagnose with the following:

Idle Car Juddering = Engine Vibration, Bayonnet Vibration, Car rocking front and back during travelling = Engine Mounting

1st Gear Move Off Juddering, and all other gears judering = Gear Box Problem

Other problems i found

Suspension X 4 Kong liao...

Solution

Change all Engine Mounting as those not break already under pressure, potentially will give way;

1st Gear move off juddering, try out oil extreme, if cannot then probably need gear box overhaul;

Suspension, absorber give way. Change out, wear and tear problem...

Wow! That's a lot of problems at one shot!

thanks guys, after many feedbacks and trouble shooting trial and error, i think it's fair that i update the current status and findings.

It may served as a guide for some brothers.

After some very serious thoughts i ventured into the Johor market to settled the faults found and new ones arrived.

To the point(Total expenditure 3.2kSGD exlude parts)(Engine Oil and parts about 700 SGD)

Gearbox overhauled with a recon one + CVT gearbox (1 month warranty, estimated about 3.8k rm)

Overall all flushing (Gearbox, Engine)

Fuel Filter & Fuel Pump change

Belt and alternator bearing(Confirmed one of the reason for engine bay noisy, and hear winding sound);

Engine Oil change out to 0W30(Found out previous used was 0W50, damn freaking thick and clear)

Engine mounting all 3 pcs changed

Suspension all 4 changed(850 RM)

Changed 4 x tires(Good Year F1 230 RM per pc)(this 1 i really suay, tires not rotated by previous WS for like 20K, end up front heavily worn out, but everytime i go they tell me ok no problems...)

Front rotors, brake pads

High speed balancing(Done for free)

Overall Car now is more responsive, of cos in terms of noise, it has dropped significant. I added in 3 bottles of 3M(20SGD per bottle) under carriage spray, and addition 4 cans of same spray from STP(22RM per bottle)

Actually also for the gear box, 1st time round i changed noticed that when gear is engaged in reverse, it is abnormally noisy. WS changed 1 time for this, and of cos will continue to change if i find any problems within the one month.

Now 1st part i think settled quite a lot of things.

After change this new gear box for about a week, i wanted to enquire on this:

Sometimes when i try to sustain the 100Km/hr, car seems to be cruising and going easy as in not stress. But sometimes can feel like car is very heavy, and got problem sustaining the 100km/hr. Does it mean the engine got some problems already?

I was initially thinking along the lines of O2 sensor, Ignition Cables, Coil, Fuel regulator. Funny thing is i like no problem starting engine, as i heard that usually Ignition problems we will have difficulty starting engines.

Additionally, when gear is engaged in reverse, it seems that it is slightly noisy coming from the engine bay. I am suspecting something is rotating backwards to cause this noise. Does any brother have similar occurrences?