Speeding offense, when to appeal?

Sky61

hi guys, was caught for speeding on airport boulevard towards pie just now, doing 123km/h on a 70km/h road. TP guy told me around 2 wks time will receive letter to attend court, and its a 18points offense. i was given a slip of paper and send off. i would like to find out, if i intend to appeal, do i appeal now or wait for the letter to arrive 2 wks time before appealing?? i'm willing to take it like a man and go thru with the process, just want to know when do i appeal, now? after i get the letter to attend court? or during court? tks for the advise.

↡ Advertisement

123km/h on a 70km/h road?? Exceeding speed limit by 53km/h.

Good job by the officer!

You should be banned from the road. Period.

You said you are willing to take it like a man but yet you also said you want to appeal. Kinda contradicting isn't it?

Edited by Fcw75

hi guys, was caught for speeding on airport boulevard towards pie just now, doing 123km/h on a 70km/h road. TP guy told me around 2 wks time will receive letter to attend court, and its a 18points offense. i was given a slip of paper and send off. i would like to find out, if i intend to appeal, do i appeal now or wait for the letter to arrive 2 wks time before appealing?? i'm willing to take it like a man and go thru with the process, just want to know when do i appeal, now? after i get the letter to attend court? or during court? tks for the advise.

you should have gone to the other world long ago. i think the roads is safer without idiots like you. do us a favour please.......vanish from Earth

I suggest that you write in to TP when you receive the letter. If you are required to attend a court hearing, the charges will be read out and you can plead not guilty and get a lawyer to fight the case. Once the sentence is passed then you can appeal against the decision.

123km/h on a 70km/h road?? Exceeding speed limit by 53km/h.

Good job by the officer!

You should be banned from the road. Period.

You said you are willing to take it like a man but yet you also said you want to appeal. Kinda contradicting isn't it?

that road is like an expressway... and it's very easy to hit 90-120 on that road. same applies on expressway. you travelling 90-100 on tpe, heading to sle. but in between tpe/sle the speed limit is 50. but does anyone slow to 50?

Neutral Newbie

Dun waste ur time, ur appeal will nvr go thru cause d exceeded speed is way too much. Now d best thing to do is pray hard, gd luck!

Appeal for what reason?

Rushing for emergency?

Or appeal on the speed error?

airport boulevard there is a slope downwards before the big flyovers, i was overtaking a vehicle on the middle lane plus the slope downwards hence my speed was in excess. i know i'm in the wrong, just hoping for leniency thats all.

suspension is mandatory

suspension from what i know is when u have more than 24points. i'm a clean slate, so would be left with 6 points after this. u can gloat all u want, i know i'm in the fault here, just asking for more information on the processes.

airport boulevard there is a slope downwards before the big flyovers, i was overtaking a vehicle on the middle lane plus the slope downwards hence my speed was in excess. i know i'm in the wrong, just hoping for leniency thats all.

that's exactly what u shld tell the judge. [;)]

that road is like an expressway... and it's very easy to hit 90-120 on that road. same applies on expressway. you travelling 90-100 on tpe, heading to sle. but in between tpe/sle the speed limit is 50. but does anyone slow to 50?

No wonder all cars will try to overtake me. Sorry to all that I only drive at the limit.

suspension from what i know is when u have more than 24points. i'm a clean slate, so would be left with 6 points after this. u can gloat all u want, i know i'm in the fault here, just asking for more information on the processes.

fine not exceeding $3,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 12 months or to both and, in the case of a second or subsequent conviction, to a fine not exceeding $5,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 2 years or to both.

Edited by Dafansu
↡ Advertisement