Singapore Traffic Violations, Demerit Points and Fines

Ithunk

TP caught me for speeding for more than 40km/h yesterday. TP said that i will receive a court letter in two weeks times. when i read in the TP webpage, It stated that "These offenders will be prosecuted in court". i want know how much the court will fine me so that i can prepare in advance.

Up to 1k for first time offenders. And for those on their white ivory towers, touch ur heart n claim u dont exceed the speed limits in ur lifetime. May the first one without sin cast the first rock bah...lol

↡ Advertisement

I was fined $120 by LTA for parking on road side pathway in front of MBS when I was gambling shoik shoik...so not just HDB and URA will fine you...LTA will send you letter to collect fine too. Beware!

I was fined $120 by LTA for parking on road side pathway in front of MBS when I was gambling shoik shoik...so not just HDB and URA will fine you...LTA will send you letter to collect fine too. Beware!

You got kanna a 3 demerit point?

Mi too...parked in front of golden mile for 5 mins kena $120 03 pts.

cannot blame any1 except ,i for being lazy not to park at carpark [mad]

Bring along 5k. Although unlikely will be so high.

Alternatively, appeal for lighter punishment. May not need to attend court, but still fine (compounded), and demerit points awarded.

Not a wise move to appeal...just plead guilty and move on.

Appealing usually results in a higher fine.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

what is the fines and "demerit points" (if any) for carrying 2 x adults + 2 kids (5 & 8 years old) at the back of a car?

IIRC for each person not wearing the seatbelt it is $120. Driver also get 3 demerit points.

Edited by Nzy

Anyone face road speed is 90 but over 66km/h? How much will be fine?

Nope. I think the fine would be up to $3k for first offender. And license sure kena DQ for more than 12months = revoke.

If I dowan enter anymore still need to serve to attend to the court?

They wont be able to serve u notice if you dont enter Singapore. If they unable to serve you a notice, then they will issue a arrest warrant. So if you want to enter SG in future, you will be detained at immigration.

But if you very sure that you not coming into SG again, then dont think too much.

↡ Advertisement