Fuel Consumption of Toyota Camry 2.4l

Somebody

Hi there,

i'm having terrible fuel consumption with my toyota camry. even when i drive "conservatively", it is doing about 7-8km/litre. completely horrible.

what are your experiences?

↡ Advertisement

Hi there,

i'm having terrible fuel consumption with my toyota camry. even when i drive "conservatively", it is doing about 7-8km/litre. completely horrible.

The best I got was 11.6km/l..

Average 8-9..

driving 08 camry 2.4, pre facelift...

average ard 10-11km/l

worst ard 9-10km/l

i m light footed most of the time and uses the cruise control in wee hours

hope it helps...

Edited by Nonetheless

Hi there,

For your reference

I am driving 2.0 Accord. Aveagely I only get 7-8km/L. when I drive 80% city and heavy foot.

With heavy foot if I drive with 50% city, 50% highway then can get about 9km/L only.

I feel its the road condition and your right foot.

Hi there,

Check your tires pressure,the 16 inches need 42psi for good mlieage,use 98 petrol if possible,use 95 petrol less mileage,do a full service if possible,esp the air filter,7-8 km/h is unacceptable for a 2.4 N/A in line 4,worse than my 3.7V6.!

why some of you with higher capacity engines have only slightly worse consumption? =( makes me wonder if there is something really wrong with my car.

well.. the results of the bro with accord would be in line with the performance of my car though... haha

Even my 2.5 V6 Teana is around 10-11KM/L...

Maybe cos the teana is running on cvt. But frankly 11 is unrealistic unless it's mostly highway. Care to share ur driving patterns?

Sometimes overly light foot can caused a higher FC. Becasue you will take forever for your car to reach cruising speed and your car will always stay in lower gear which will consume more fuel.

Try changing your driving habit, accelerate briskly when traffic is clear, so you can reach cruising speed faster and then you moderate control your right foot.

Sometimes overly light foot can caused a higher FC. Becasue you will take forever for your car to reach cruising speed and your car will always stay in lower gear which will consume more fuel.

Try changing your driving habit, accelerate briskly when traffic is clear, so you can reach cruising speed faster and then you moderate control your right foot.

Somehow, I do agree wit what you said. :D

what?!?!?

how come a 2.5l v6 can be more efficient than me?!?!? =( possible that there is something really wrong with my car that is causing the inefficiency?