Why is there not Corolla XLI in used car market?

Quantum

back to 7 to 8 years ago, Singapore roads were full of Corolla XLI (before of Altis the model), thinking to change my 10 years picanto to this model, because cannot afford new car's COE, but search on sgcarmart, "zero" result, [:(]

why??

Edited by Quantum
↡ Advertisement

back to 7 to 8 years ago, Singapore roads were full of Corolla XLI (before of Altis the model), thinking to change my 10 years picanto to this model, because cannot afford new car's COE, but search on sgcarmart, "zero" result, [:(]

why??

Difficult to say. Scrapped maybe. Why not try something else a little more interesting at that budget?

why??

Huh ? Picanto alrady 10 years?

U mean G9 ? The last jap corolla ?

Still got a handful lah..guess most owners intend to drive all the way till 10yrs. last batch is ard 2004 Jan.

why??

You referring to G9 aka Hipporolla right? Reason is simple. Most of that FL G9 is bought between SDW to SFD era. High COE but kana played out by 2002 scrap rebate recomputation. Most already scrapped or exported overseas by the 5 year mark.

Good car but s--t place with shitty rules to keep car. I know cos i used to drive that before Altis. [bigcry]

Still got a handful lah..guess most owners intend to drive all the way till 10yrs. last batch is ard 2004 Jan.

yes, correct name G9,

where are those out of market units? exported?

Turbocharged

You referring to G9 aka Hipporolla right? Reason is simple. Most of that FL G9 is bought between SDW to SFD era. High COE but kana played out by 2002 scrap rebate recomputation. Most already scrapped or exported overseas by the 5 year mark.

Good car but s--t place with shitty rules to keep car. I know cos i used to drive that before Altis. [bigcry]

Or either that because of the car's extremely good FC..most people will be keeping it till 10 years up..

Or either that because of the car's extremely good FC..most people will be keeping it till 10 years up..

Yes, one of my friend still driving it. 2003 model with a SDW plate.

FC is damn good yes. Combined 40L tank with auxiliary capacity, i can clock 700km when doing hypermiling.

i can't verify that but it is pretty straightforward that those people who are still having it are more or less certain to be having a G9 that is > 5 years old. if they are not intending to drive till end of COE then i have no idea why they didn't scrap or sell off before or at the 5th year.

The 9th generation Japan made Corolla came in 1.5 and 1.6 versions. First launched in Oct 2000 with 1.5 version selling at $90K with 80% PARF.

OMV $18K.

Last facelifted model left Borneo Motors' showroom in early 2004.

Shares same 1NZ-FE engine as latest model Vios. Abundant spare parts available.

Jap quality is superb. Interior sounds quieter than current model Thai assembled Vios despite both sharing similar engines.

G9 Corolla is an economical and spacious gem.

I am currently driving one . Bought at 76,488 back in Nov 2003. Back then the SE at BM is at their super rich state where they bo hiew customers.

Till now it still working good coz I din mod here and there, except for basic ICE setup.

With current coe prices, gonna drive all the way to Nov 2013.

mostly were scrapped. Just like my brother's car XLi of 2003 model with 2 air-bags and post online for Sales & next moment sold. (It's very good fuel efficieny of up to 16km/Litre) and moreover NOT LX model of 1 air-bag and old facelift.

Edited by Jefkking

If TS is refering to the G9 corolla which mainly about 2001-2003, i still find quite many on the road, but those should be YOM 2002-2003. The batch before 2001 already scrapped or export when they are 5 year old.

I find the 2003 facelift XLI version the best, overall nice interior and better exterior as compared to the pionner G9 batch. My house here have two G9 corolla. :D

Edited by 13177

I am currently driving one . Bought at 76,488 back in Nov 2003. Back then the SE at BM is at their super rich state where they bo hiew customers.

Till now it still working good coz I din mod here and there, except for basic ICE setup.

With current coe prices, gonna drive all the way to Nov 2013.

Want to renew or not? :wub:

why??

Maybe most were high COE cars n most scrapped already as too ex to keep them. [rolleyes]

G9 sud b closer to >20 years old already.

I know someone still driving 1 but just sold as COE going to expire n she got a Vios.

Oh sorry. I got them mixed up. Hipparolla is G9 ah?

I tot the earlier model. Maybe is G7? [confused]

Edited by Pisces69
↡ Advertisement