Why is there not Corolla XLI in used car market?

Quantum

U mean G9 ? The last jap corolla ?

Still got a handful lah..guess most owners intend to drive all the way till 10yrs. last batch is ard 2004 Jan.

I tot the G9 is the early 90's era?

OK I think I got it mixed up with the G7, I think?

Edited by Pisces69
↡ Advertisement

I tot the G9 is the early 90's era?

OK I think I got it mixed up with the G7, I think?

The pre-FL G9 is selling like hot cakes when it first started..coz that time all family sedan are quite small and this hipporolla design is "copied" from the lexus IS200 creating spacious interior and good FC + toyota endurance engineering.

My dad's fren bought one at over 100K ! [knife]

The pre-FL G9 is selling like hot cakes when it first started..coz that time all family sedan are quite small and this hipporolla design is "copied" from the lexus IS200 creating spacious interior and good FC + toyota endurance engineering.

My dad's fren bought one at over 100K ! [knife]

Ya now I am clear. That is the LAST Jap made Corolla. [thumbsup]

A really good car but unfortunately that time I think COE was quite high so many pple scrapped it when the COE dropped cos it become too ex to keep cos of the higher depreciation on the COE component.

The 9th generation Japan made Corolla came in 1.5 and 1.6 versions. First launched in Oct 2000 with 1.5 version selling at $90K with 80% PARF.

OMV $18K.

Last facelifted model left Borneo Motors' showroom in early 2004.

Shares same 1NZ-FE engine as latest model Vios. Abundant spare parts available.

Jap quality is superb. Interior sounds quieter than current model Thai assembled Vios despite both sharing similar engines.

G9 Corolla is an economical and spacious gem.

where got same engine??? G9 is a 1.6litres, vios is a 1.5....

G9 came in 1.5 and 1.6 L versions. I had a 1.5 XLI in 2001 for $77,800 iirc. One of the best cars I've ever owned.

G9 came in 1.5 and 1.6 L versions. I had a 1.5 XLI in 2001 for $77,800 iirc. One of the best cars I've ever owned.

The 1.5L is good enough..those 1.6L came with a price tag of 84K ++ [knife]

not much difference in power..believe or not, both 1.5 or 1.6 G9 are eqipped with DOHC.

Speaking of old car, my ride will expire ard mid Nov 2013..so does it mean I can drive till the very last day then nex day surrender the car and get back my Parf (65% of OMV)?

Speaking of old car, my ride will expire ard mid Nov 2013..so does it mean I can drive till the very last day then nex day surrender the car and get back my Parf (65% of OMV)?

IIRC u must de-register(scrap) B4 the COE expire to get back yr 65%OMV which means u sud scrap on the same day it expire or earlier.

U can check with LTA on the fine print to b very sure.

But by 2013, COE might drop n u can renew COE n drive for another 10 years. [thumbsup]

IIRC u must de-register(scrap) B4 the COE expire to get back yr 65%OMV which means u sud scrap on the same day it expire or earlier.

U can check with LTA on the fine print to b very sure.

But by 2013, COE might drop n u can renew COE n drive for another 10 years. [thumbsup]

ya i wanted to do the same thing...

when my old ride broke down.. only altis available.. so i got an altis instead...

05 Altis though

Well, if the COE at mid 2013 is okay then will consider renewing it..besides car plate number nice nice.

U can change new car and keep the car plate what

1.6L power plant is 3ZZ-FE

1.5L power plant is 1NZ-FE which is same in Vios and many other platforms.

I probably bought the last few units of the G9 models with the 140% PARF in May 2002.

LTA lower the rebate scheme end of the month to the current system.

Bought the most basic model of 1.5LX with only ABS, no driver side airbad.

It was good car with no major issue. Good FC too.

With tank filled in JB, drove up to GH and back in JB with 1 tank of petrol. Amazing.

↡ Advertisement