Why is there not Corolla XLI in used car market?

Quantum

It's pity not many owner keep the car for more then 5 yrs.

Not only this corolla XLi lo, any make/model owner also didnt keep the car more than 5 years. [rolleyes]

i can attest to the corolla XLi, imo was or should be the best in its category! [thumbsup]

that period, the sunny was the worst i tried! [shakehead]

i can attest to the corolla XLi, imo was or should be the best in its category! [thumbsup]

that period, the sunny was the worst i tried! [shakehead]

Sunny worst? I thought during that period, the year 2000 to 2002, Sunny was the best selling model, esp the 1.6SS?!

IIRC u must de-register(scrap) B4 the COE expire to get back yr 65%OMV which means u sud scrap on the same day it expire or earlier.

U can check with LTA on the fine print to b very sure.

But by 2013, COE might drop n u can renew COE n drive for another 10 years. [thumbsup]

When I hear the word, "scrap" my heart sank abit. Nv did I dream I will drive this car for 10yrs. Recalling alot of good memories..from my 1st female passenger to friend puke on the car to chain collision etc

U can change new car and keep the car plate what

New car expensive leh.. see how it goes lor. If COE is indeed mre reasonable, renewing it will be ideal.

New car expensive leh.. see how it goes lor. If COE is indeed mre reasonable, renewing it will be ideal.

if u kena chain collision before and the car was rather badly damaged...

its better to get a mechanic to assess before deciding to renew COE...

i was thinking of renewing COE for my altis... if COE Is cheap..

then i buy another car probably a 2-seater or something different for fun

When I hear the word, "scrap" my heart sank abit. Nv did I dream I will drive this car for 10yrs. Recalling alot of good memories..from my 1st female passenger to friend puke on the car to chain collision etc

I had the same sentiments with my Corona CD auto. I really loved that car. Bought as a COE car n drove almost 10 years till I had no choice but to sell it n get a newer car as the COE system did not offer a financially viable option fr me to keep it anymore.

Till today I regret selling it. If I had a better choice, I wud hv kept it for many more years as it was in very good condition fr a 19 year old car.

If I was in another country, I wud still b driving it today. [thumbsup][drivingcar]

Now u can keep yr old plate n put it on a 2nd hand car even. Check the current system.

Now u can keep yr old plate n put it on a 2nd hand car even. Check the current system.

more ex... i think S$1.2k to move the plate over.. compared to $300

more ex... i think S$1.2k to move the plate over.. compared to $300

Dunno leh. The salesger who did my trade-in told me I can keep my old plate fm the Corona to my "new" 2nd hand Optra n not ex. I doubt more than a couple of hundred bucks only.

Better to check with LTA as now the rules changed already.

Last heard if you retain your number and register to a 2nd hand car, you need to pay about $1300. But if you retain number and register in a new car, you only pay $100. I think if you like the number, paying $1300 to retain is like bidding a number. :D Although paying $1300 you might get to bid a quite nice number.

Last heard if you retain your number and register to a 2nd hand car, you need to pay about $1300. But if you retain number and register in a new car, you only pay $100. I think if you like the number, paying $1300 to retain is like bidding a number. :D Although paying $1300 you might get to bid a quite nice number.

think if got those very old plate then shld retain... can sell much higher

if u kena chain collision before and the car was rather badly damaged...

its better to get a mechanic to assess before deciding to renew COE...

i was thinking of renewing COE for my altis... if COE Is cheap..

then i buy another car probably a 2-seater or something different for fun

The chain collision is abt 4 yrs ago on a lunar 7th month..was on my way to guanyin template at waterloo street .believe it or not, about 30mins after the accident while waiting for tow truck on road shoulder, another chain collision happen rite at the same spot which I kanna.

The chain collision is abt 4 yrs ago on a lunar 7th month..was on my way to guanyin template at waterloo street .believe it or not, about 30mins after the accident while waiting for tow truck on road shoulder, another chain collision happen rite at the same spot which I kanna.

hv to see if the chassis kenna

cos it will be as safe as before...

I had the same sentiments with my Corona CD auto. I really loved that car. Bought as a COE car n drove almost 10 years till I had no choice but to sell it n get a newer car as the COE system did not offer a financially viable option fr me to keep it anymore.

Till today I regret selling it. If I had a better choice, I wud hv kept it for many more years as it was in very good condition fr a 19 year old car.

If I was in another country, I wud still b driving it today. [thumbsup][drivingcar]

the big backside?

↡ Advertisement