Poll: Cruze vs Elantra vs Kia Forte

Quantum

Cruze vs Elantra vs Kia Forte  

297 members have voted

1. 1. Cruze vs Elantra vs Kia Forte

• Cruze
    • Elantra
    • Kia Forte

WHen do u usually pump petrol? As in when the fuel tank almost empty? 1/4? etc..

When orange light flashes, normally I run another 30-40KM. I am doing that since I got my car in FEB. Not diff. Accept changed and improved in my driving habit + 70%(Highway) and 30%(roads with traffic). People always like to press hard on gas when the car is stationary and keep overtaking in highways. These are the main cause. People were surprise when I told them my old Altis can hit 13.5 - 14.5KM/L previously. Not forgetting to remind myself, got to slim down over to squeeze more mileage in near future. [drivingcar]

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Do you also have to manage your driving like this on your old Altis to get the same FC?

The difference is only, now I can chose between maunal or auto drive. Since I have the options, I tried maunal though I like . By the way, I did not remove anythings that are suppose to be in the car orginally. After writing last evening, I when back and checked my old Altis FC. Is marginally better lah. [laugh]

Old Altis FC = 13.5 - 14.5km/L

New Cruze before = 10Kkm service = 11.5 - 12.6km/L

After 10Kkm service and on the 8th refilled = 13.18km/L

I think Alpine should teach it's user on how to get the most juices out for the Cruze 2011-12. This is what VW have done recently, by teaching it's new user on how to squeeze more juice from the car.(Optional) [sunny][drivingcar]

Edited by HP_Lee

Is yours the LS version? Mine is the LS version but also 8-9km/L..And I dun have a heavy foot...think some cruze LS come with bad FC [:(]

SAme here...tried to be extremely light footed but could never achieved 10km/l.... [laugh]

I hv issues with my Navtrek...went to Kpkb w them...then they repair n now it is ok...took a long time to detect my car position...

(edited)

SAme here...tried to be extremely light footed but could never achieved 10km/l.... [laugh]

I hv issues with my Navtrek...went to Kpkb w them...then they repair n now it is ok...took a long time to detect my car position...

Maybe I am just lucky. Here are the cars that I owned before, excluding My current new Cruze and C180(Coming) :

1. Toyota Collora

2. Opel 1.6

3. VW Jetta

4. Altis

None of these cars give me problem, accept batteries flat. Each car average with me about 4 - 5 years. But the worst FC was Opel 1.6 giving me 7-8km/L year back.

Edited by HP_Lee

<_<

Wah so unlucky. [smallcry]

Supersonic
(edited)

Maybe I am just lucky. Here are the cars that I owned before, excluding My current new Cruze and C180(Coming) :

1. Toyota Collora

2. Opel 1.6

3. VW Jetta

4. Altis

None of these cars give me problem, accept batteries flat. Each car average with me about 4 - 5 years. But the worst FC was Opel 1.6 giving me 7-8km/L year back.

I believe all the above cars should not give you problems, since all of the above is consider common make/model.

So you plan to sell off your cruze and buy C180? [:/]

Edited by 13177

After driving few cars, I just realize on petrol grades. Why Cruze and C180 have to use 95 and above? I do not have this problem with my previous Altis. For Altis , I can even pump 91 or 92. Anyone knows this? [confused]

(edited)

I believe all the above cars should not give you problems, since all of the above is consider common make/model.

So you plan to sell off your cruze and buy C180? [:/]

No. The C180 is for my wife. Not for me. Cruze is my workhorse and have never stop impressing me since day one. [thumbsup] You are making more losses if you sell less than 5 years or so. For Cruze and C180, I took up 4 year loan. So I still have true ownership a the 5th year. I got the 5 speed new car and not knowing what is the FC like. Anyone knows?

Edited by HP_Lee

wow I also had the same prob with my Navtrak!! lol..keep trying to locate the position of my car but even after I arrive the destination, still havent locate yet..zzz..and the voice also didnt work

Told the prob during the 1k servicing and they updated the software, only then the navtrak worked properly

Supersonic

No. The C180 is for my wife. Not for me. Cruze is my workhorse and have never stop impressing me since day one. [thumbsup] You are making more losses if you sell less than 5 years or so. For Cruze and C180, I took up 4 year loan. So I still have true ownership a the 5th year. I got the 5 speed new car and not knowing what is the FC like. Anyone knows?

Although it seems like you will make losses if sell car less than 5 years, but many people still sell their every car their own less than 5 years. [:p]

Although it seems like you will make losses if sell car less than 5 years, but many people still sell their every car their own less than 5 years. [:p]

The only car sold less than 5 years was the VW Jetta. Coz my firend who bought the sametime as me, got gearbox problem quite a few times. Since mine was still ok, sold it quickly. The rest is about 5 years. [rolleyes]

After driving few cars, I just realize on petrol grades. Why Cruze and C180 have to use 95 and above? I do not have this problem with my previous Altis. For Altis , I can even pump 91 or 92. Anyone knows this? [confused]

The petrol grade is recommended based on the compression ratio of the car. More the compression, better the grade!

The petrol grade is recommended based on the compression ratio of the car. More the compression, better the grade!

Thank you. [:)]

Supersonic

For design elantra more better.... [cool]

Lol, hard to say after this car has been in the market for some years. Example when forte just launched here, many people also comment the design nice etc, but now no one find forte nice liao. [:p]

Supercharged

Lol, hard to say after this car has been in the market for some years. Example when forte just launched here, many people also comment the design nice etc, but now no one find forte nice liao. [:p]

I still find the Forte is nice if you compare with Altis, Vios, Sunny, Almeera, City, etc.

As for the forte, the elantra being a new model would of course be nicer than the Forte. If it wasn't then jia lat already.

Anyway for me i will take elantra cos the range of aftermarket parts available at MCD very nice!

Supersonic

I still find the Forte is nice if you compare with Altis, Vios, Sunny, Almeera, City, etc.

As for the forte, the elantra being a new model would of course be nicer than the Forte. If it wasn't then jia lat already.

Anyway for me i will take elantra cos the range of aftermarket parts available at MCD very nice!

Not really if the car is newer, the design will be nicer la. :D Almeera also consider new model but no one find this car nice design.

I would put Altis ahead of Forte in terms of look. Elantra on the top!

wow I also had the same prob with my Navtrak!! lol..keep trying to locate the position of my car but even after I arrive the destination, still havent locate yet..zzz..and the voice also didnt work

Told the prob during the 1k servicing and they updated the software, only then the navtrak worked properly

I updated 2 times still the same...until I said..this piece of s--t doesnt work in front of those who came for servicing... [laugh]

↡ Advertisement