Volkswagen Sharan..

VellfireS

Hypersonic

$189k is a good buy for the Sharan, especially when it is only 600km used [thumbsup]

Have to hope that the driver didn't help to run in the car in between fetching guests

😅

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

when it's loaded and discharged from roro vessel, it's already run-in.

Sometimes, some of these end up in the sea.

Have to hope that the driver didn't help to run in the car in between fetching guests

😅

Edited by Kangadrool

Hypersonic

when it's loaded and discharged from roro vessel, it's already run-in.

Sometimes, some of these end up in the sea.

That loading and discharging run in cannot be avoided

But these event cars get extra run in

😅

Hi all Sharan owners,

I'm looking at purchasing a preowned sharan Jan 2013 and would like to hear more about the car reliability and any major issue with the engine or gear box?

Also wondering why is agent discontinue this model? Is it some issue with this car?

Looking forward to the replies. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Steve

Hi all Sharan owners,

I'm looking at purchasing a preowned sharan Jan 2013 and would like to hear more about the car reliability and any major issue with the engine or gear box?

Also wondering why is agent discontinue this model? Is it some issue with this car?

Looking forward to the replies. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Steve

So far both the EA888 2.0 TSI engine and 6 speed DSG wet clutch gearbox are not known to give any problem on this Sharan and other model in VAG group that is using the same setup, e.g. Golf GTI, Passat, CC, Superb, Octavia VRS Alhambra, etc. 

The model is currently not on sales in Singapore, as pending introduction of new facelift (expected in late Q3 / early Q4) by local AD. New model come with new engine (3rd gen EA888) with 10% more horsepower (@ 220ps), 25% more Torque (@ 350Nm) and 14% lower fuel consumption (@ 13.9Km/L).

• Praise 5

So far both the EA888 2.0 TSI engine and 6 speed DSG wet clutch gearbox are not known to give any problem on this Sharan and other model in VAG group that is using the same setup, e.g. Golf GTI, Passat, CC, Superb, Octavia VRS Alhambra, etc.

The model is currently not on sales in Singapore, as pending introduction of new facelift (expected in late Q3 / early Q4) by local AD. New model come with new engine (3rd gen EA888) with 10% more horsepower (@ 220ps), 25% more Torque (@ 350Nm) and 14% lower fuel consumption (@ 13.9Km/L).

Hi bro, thanks for your reply. So is it on to purchase that 2013 Jan Sharan? The old model engine and gearbox should be ok right? Anyone with huge fault or repair?

Hi bro, thanks for your reply. So is it on to purchase that 2013 Jan Sharan? The old model engine and gearbox should be ok right? Anyone with huge fault or repair?

The 2013 model should be fine, from technical perspective (barring usage conditions by the previous owner). The only issue I have with used car is the relatively high depreciation cost, which is on par with or even higher than new car! Oh ya, the fuel consumption maybe on the lower end (9Km/L), but if you put things in perspective, this MPV weight ~1.8T and is much more powerful than say Estima & Odyssey.

• Praise 5

The 2013 model should be fine, from technical perspective (barring usage conditions by the previous owner). The only issue I have with used car is the relatively high depreciation cost, which is on par with or even higher than new car! Oh ya, the fuel consumption maybe on the lower end (9Km/L), but if you put things in perspective, this MPV weight ~1.8T and is much more powerful than say Estima & Odyssey.

I'm currently driving an Honda Accord 2.4 fc also Abt the same. Used to drive an estima before and heard a lot of bad news of Volkswagen which make me think twice. Anyway I'm going to test drive later. Mileage close to 80k which I think the servicing gonna kill me as well

Hi bro,

I just tested drive the sharan and I saw the moon roof with Juz a cloth thingy covering. Will it be very bright and hot on a sunny day? Damn worried

Hypersonic

Hi bro,

I just tested drive the sharan and I saw the moon roof with Juz a cloth thingy covering. Will it be very bright and hot on a sunny day? Damn worried

if so worried don't buy....

other than fc which is about 6-7km/l, no other major issues

Lol. I'm worried Abt the heat and light thru the sunroof for my kids. I juz asking whether is the heat bad on a hot day?

Hi, I'm driving a 2012 Sharan, So far only problem is rear speed sensor spoilt and was replaced under warranty. Engine and gearbox till date no problem at all. My children love the panoramic moonroof. The fabric does let in a bit of light but not enough to really heat up like oven, it makes the cabin slightly brighter. Most of the time I drive without the fabric even in sunny days. The aircon is strong enough to cool the whole cabin. I'm getting around 8km/l base on 60% city and 40% highway.

Don't think you'll regret going ahead but if budget and waiting time allow then wait for the facelift model.

• Praise 1

Of course compared to a proper covering, the cloth thingy is not as good in shielding the hot sun but it is not that bad IMO. I requested for tinting of the moonroof for my Sharon and I went with quite a dark shade so I guess it helps with cutting out some of the UV/heat. Just remember that with the moonroof, you will not be able to mount TV screen from the roof if you need to have that for your kids. In fact, it was a fantastic limitation IMO as I can do away with the TV and the kids now converse more with us/themselves and not just glued to the TV. Of course if it is still required, an alternative is to get the headrest LCD screen.

Before the Sharon, I used to have the 7-seater Estima for MPV purpose. Size wise, I must say the 7-seater Estima was more spacious; however, the handling for the Sharon and more importantly, the safety features outweighed the Estima.

Hi bro,

• Praise 1

Of course compared to a proper covering, the cloth thingy is not as good in shielding the hot sun but it is not that bad IMO. I requested for tinting of the moonroof for my Sharon and I went with quite a dark shade so I guess it helps with cutting out some of the UV/heat. Just remember that with the moonroof, you will not be able to mount TV screen from the roof if you need to have that for your kids. In fact, it was a fantastic limitation IMO as I can do away with the TV and the kids now converse more with us/themselves and not just glued to the TV. Of course if it is still required, an alternative is to get the headrest LCD screen.

Before the Sharon, I used to have the 7-seater Estima for MPV purpose. Size wise, I must say the 7-seater Estima was more spacious; however, the handling for the Sharon and more importantly, the safety features outweighed the Estima.

Hi bro, thank for the valuable info and I have decided to go for the sharan as I have previously driven a 8 seater estima.

Cheers

• Praise 3