Car insurance injury compensation

Kurty

Hi,

Would like to seek out some opinions or experience in dealing with injury compensation.

It had been a year since my accident with a taxi.

Long story cut short, I was stationery while awaiting to make a right turn to my carpark.

This taxi came at high speed and hit me from the rear.

Concussion and landed in A&E.

Was told to stay warded but insist to leave hospital due to personal reasons. 1 month mc with neck in brace

Was told by my 3rd party workshop that the car was under custody of the TP and they have already engaged a lawyer for our case.

Will be suing for medical and personal claim along with repair from workshop.

Medical bill, till date, already cough up to above 5 digits.

As for medical status, despite a year.

I

↡ Advertisement

You said it yourself. The keyword is justifiable, not whether you feel you deserve more.

Insurance will seek to indemnify you of the other party's action but not to enrich. Payout will be based on past precedence/similar cases.

No offense intended. Just speaking objectively.

You said it yourself. The keyword is justifiable, not whether you feel you deserve more.

Insurance will seek to indemnify you of the other party's action but not to enrich. Payout will be based on past precedence/similar cases.

No offense intended. Just speaking objectively.

don't worry, i understand.

i do feel that i should expect more but again.. it subjects or as you said, based on past precedence cases.

could i reject if i feel not right/enough? [laugh]

It is your right to reject if you feel it is insufficient. However, your representative (whoever they may be) will advise you on the likelihood of your appeal. If they feel that you do not have a case in asking for more, you might very well be taking up the legal case on your own.

It will also then depend on the reaction of the counter-party. He might take up the case on his own or his insurer might just choose to fight it out. If a verdict is reach and the legal costs are split, you might need to bear the cost on your own.

The whole case can drag for years. Whether it is worth it is entirely up to your own opinion. I will say, so long as you are fairly compensated, just move on.

Remember the point of insurance is not to enrich either party. Of course there are insurance/workshop/legal touts which will try to you convince you otherwise.

Dun worry. Continue to claim via your insurance, dun care drag until how long, just claim until you recover. If insurance give up, get your own lawyer to claim.

Dun worry. Continue to claim via your insurance, dun care drag until how long, just claim until you recover. If insurance give up, get your own lawyer to claim.

Will own insurance do that for 3rd party claim? I know aunty lucy doesn't bec they refuse to do that for me...

Maybe can contact Ho & Partners as per their tv advertisement should speed up the process when yr lawyer send them a writ of summon through the court..?

ermm.. -_-

thanks

i was told by the lawyer that for such cases, the max duration is 3 years.

and mine was a straight and forward case, so no dispute or questioning.

i think i will continue to see the NNI for my migraine..

for the medical claims, i don't think the personel insurance can help unless i have bought a personel accident policy..

which i didn't

over the years, i am paying from my own pocket.

just furnish a copy of receipt to the lawyer for later date claim

thanks

i was told by the lawyer that for such cases, the max duration is 3 years.

and mine was a straight and forward case, so no dispute or questioning.

i think i will continue to see the NNI for my migraine..

for the medical claims, i don't think the personel insurance can help unless i have bought a personel accident policy..

which i didn't

over the years, i am paying from my own pocket.

just furnish a copy of receipt to the lawyer for later date claim

What's NNI? U have not gotten personal accident policy? Have u check yr whole life policy plans? As some plans have persoal accident benefit embedded

What's NNI? U have not gotten personal accident policy? Have u check yr whole life policy plans? As some plans have persoal accident benefit embedded

National Neuroscience Institute(NNI), Provides neurological and neurosurgical care.

regret to say.. i didn't buy any personal accident.. my whole life policy is only term type.

Aviva, NS scheme.

just wondering.

if to blow the claim bigger, maybe u should try private docs?

but their treatment is costly. maybe u should seek the advise on ur lawyer for this.

Maybe can contact Ho & Partners as per their tv advertisement should speed up the process when yr lawyer send them a writ of summon through the court..?

but make sure you are wrap up like a mummy like the one in the ad, then can get 150k...... :D

just wondering.

if to blow the claim bigger, maybe u should try private docs?

but their treatment is costly. maybe u should seek the advise on ur lawyer for this.

i thought government hospital is much recognized??

anyway, costly or not, if they can solve the problem.. why not..

33 only.. stuck with this migraine and stiffness over a year.. is really a pain

yeah, think i going to have a word with the lawyer..

but make sure you are wrap up like a mummy like the one in the ad, then can get 150k...... :D

haha, if i not wrong, that chap on tv got 250k wor..

i don't mind..

it's a good head start for my little dream [:p]

i thought government hospital is much recognized??

anyway, costly or not, if they can solve the problem.. why not..

33 only.. stuck with this migraine and stiffness over a year.. is really a pain

yeah, think i going to have a word with the lawyer..

even to mom, doctor is still doctor.

make no difference.

↡ Advertisement