Transporting dead body from Singapore to Indonesia

Jchuacl

Need to get pointers urgently on how to transport a dead body out from Singapore to Indonesia? Other than going to the Indo embassy for clearance and working with the airlines , is there any process or procedures that needs to be done ? TIA

↡ Advertisement

Need to get pointers urgently on how to transport a dead body out from Singapore to Indonesia? Other than going to the Indo embassy for clearance and working with the airlines , is there any process or procedures that needs to be done ? TIA

From what I know, embalming certificate, death certificate and port health certificate are the requirement for human remains (correct term to use) entering/leaving Singapore. At Indonesia side, they may need other documents which I do not know. For the transportation part, you have to check with the airline on how to go about sending the "cargo" out of Singapore. Human remains are considered as cargo and passport is no longer required. Check with a local undertaker. They should be able to advise you.

Edited by Redstorm

Thanks the input.

I managed to find out what needs to be done end to end , including the courier company that will work with the undertaker to send the body as a cargo .

From Indonesia end , we just need a clearance letter from embassy and that will do .

From what I know, embalming certificate, death certificate and port health certificate are the requirement for human remains (correct term to use) entering/leaving Singapore. At Indonesia side, they may need other documents which I do not know. For the transportation part, you have to check with the airline on how to go about sending the "cargo" out of Singapore. Human remains are considered as cargo and passport is no longer required. Check with a local undertaker. They should be able to advise you.

Thanks the input.

I managed to find out what needs to be done end to end , including the courier company that will work with the undertaker to send the body as a cargo .

From Indonesia end , we just need a clearance letter from embassy and that will do .

used to be just ringing a bell , corpse can hop under ur control in the past , nowadays more paperwork

Indo friend passed away suddenly of heart attack. Was helping the family to sort out the logistics.

care to share what happened?